Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 72
  1. #31
    SketchyAlt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,265
    Reputation
    19
    Thanks
    91
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


    I'll give the man props.
    so do i ~~~~~<<<<<<~~~~~~~~~~~>>>>

  2. #32
    Mouzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Saegertown
    Posts
    9,151
    Reputation
    520
    Thanks
    2,036
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombsaway707 JR. View Post
    well it fucked the japs over and won the war
    Actually.. it helped the Japanese.

  3. #33
    Paroxysm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Lynnwood, WA
    Posts
    4,455
    Reputation
    170
    Thanks
    282
    My Mood
    Cheeky
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouzie View Post
    Actually.. it helped the Japanese.
    Super powers?
    "We swallow greedily any lie that flatters us, but we sip only little by little at a truth we find bitter." ~ Denis Diderot

  4. #34
    barklolbark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    331
    Reputation
    14
    Thanks
    12
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    Super powers?
    SO MUCH POWER!




  5. #35
    Sir Nathan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In a 3rd World Country
    Posts
    1,328
    Reputation
    68
    Thanks
    132
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by barklolbark View Post
    SO MUCH POWER!



    That's... disturbing...
    God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.

  6. #36
    Mouzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Saegertown
    Posts
    9,151
    Reputation
    520
    Thanks
    2,036
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
    Super powers?
    Well no, Japan didn't get invaded, so millions of lives wasn't lost. Japan wasn't burned down from the inside out like Germany where almost every town and cities was rubbles and it took Germany a while to recover (1960).

    Because Japan was spared from this (somewhat), they didn't loose a tremendous amount of people. At the same time, they were quick to recover from their losses and they focus on economic rather than defense. (the military is banned). Like Costa Rica, who also banned their arm forces and started to focus on themselves, they ended up being a major economic powerhouse.

  7. #37
    nb109's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    female
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    106
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    18
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    I believe that the bombings were totally justified and that we should have also bombed China afterwards, only because they would end up being one of the reasons for the economic downfall in the US today, which no one knew back then, but still could have anticipated it.

  8. #38
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by nb109 View Post
    I believe that the bombings were totally justified and that we should have also bombed China afterwards, only because they would end up being one of the reasons for the economic downfall in the US today, which no one knew back then, but still could have anticipated it.
    yeah that would make sense, you know, bombing our allies.

    Hell we shoulda bombed russia and ended the cold war before it began.


  9. #39
    nb109's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    female
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    106
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    18
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post


    yeah that would make sense, you know, bombing our allies.

    Hell we shoulda bombed russia and ended the cold war before it began.
    The cold war didn't negatively impact the US, on the contrary it allowed the US to bolster its military as well as become a leader in foreign intelligence. On the other hand, China's "artificial" inflation and deflation of its currency allows it to make trillions of dollars in profits by keeping the products made within it exceedingly cheap to produce.

  10. #40
    barklolbark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    331
    Reputation
    14
    Thanks
    12
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by nb109 View Post


    The cold war didn't negatively impact the US, on the contrary it allowed the US to bolster its military as well as become a leader in foreign intelligence. On the other hand, China's "artificial" inflation and deflation of its currency allows it to make trillions of dollars in profits by keeping the products made within it exceedingly cheap to produce.
    Learn2economics pls.

  11. #41
    nb109's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    female
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    106
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    18
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by barklolbark View Post
    Learn2economics pls.
    Learn to speak English please. And if you disagree with something I said, than it would make more sense to be specific about it.

  12. #42
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by nb109 View Post


    The cold war didn't negatively impact the US, on the contrary it allowed the US to bolster its military as well as become a leader in foreign intelligence. On the other hand, China's "artificial" inflation and deflation of its currency allows it to make trillions of dollars in profits by keeping the products made within it exceedingly cheap to produce.
    You really need to take economics lulz.


  13. #43
    Synchromanica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The internet.
    Posts
    5,120
    Reputation
    152
    Thanks
    615
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by nb109 View Post
    I believe that the bombings were totally justified and that we should have also bombed China afterwards, only because they would end up being one of the reasons for the economic downfall in the US today, which no one knew back then, but still could have anticipated it.
    Yes, bomb the ones that helped you, built you railroads, and sold you almost all the non edible stuff you see in Dollar Store.

  14. #44
    barklolbark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    331
    Reputation
    14
    Thanks
    12
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by nb109 View Post


    Learn to speak English please. And if you disagree with something I said, than it would make more sense to be specific about it.
    E CON O ME-ME-me-me

    You say China is responsible for our "economic downfall". This shows how uneducated you are.

  15. #45
    nb109's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    female
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    106
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    18
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by barklolbark View Post
    E CON O ME-ME-me-me

    You say China is responsible for our "economic downfall". This shows how uneducated you are.
    I said partially, and the US government forced the Chinese in America to build us railroads, they didn't have a choice.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast