Thread: Canada>America

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 63
  1. #31
    barklolbark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    331
    Reputation
    14
    Thanks
    12
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Actually you didn't disprove jack shit kiddo.

    Hospitals can't refuse service to you in an emergency.
    Irrefutable. Also, the majority of Hospitals in the U.S. will NOT refuse service to a patient no matter what their financial issues, or severity of their situation is. One more thing, I graduated H.S. and am currently majoring in Environmental science and Theology.
    All cleared up now Johnny Arrogance?
    And what basis are you building your argument on? And yes, they can refuse service in an emergency. They are a business, not a government operated service.

  2. #32
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,518
    Reputation
    1850
    Thanks
    3,161
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by barklolbark View Post
    And what basis are you building your argument on? And yes, they can refuse service in an emergency. They are a business, not a government operated service.
    You obviously know very little about this subject..

    There is a law called the COBRA/EMTALA that has specific treatment laws for the ER-especially any Hospital that recieves Federal funding.

  3. #33
    barklolbark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    331
    Reputation
    14
    Thanks
    12
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    You obviously know very little about this subject..

    There is a law called the COBRA/EMTALA that has specific treatment laws for the ER-especially any Hospital that recieves Federal funding.
    You assume that all hospitals are under HHS control, but they aren't. You should also realize the hospitals are in control of whether or not the situation is labeled an emergency, and can "transfer" them to another hospital in order to avoid treating a person who cannot pay.

  4. #34
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,518
    Reputation
    1850
    Thanks
    3,161
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by barklolbark View Post
    You assume that all hospitals are under HHS control, but they aren't. You should also realize the hospitals are in control of whether or not the situation is labeled an emergency, and can "transfer" them to another hospital in order to avoid treating a person who cannot pay.
    Ok read the COBRA/EMTALA law,
    because I don't thnk you have.
    The things you speak about are exactly why this law was implemented,
    to stop that kind of shit from happening.

    Yes of course there is medical screening to determine the severity of the patients situation..
    but keep in mind these screenings are legit. Gunshot wound>Sprained ankle
    Hospitals are busy places, and those in dire need must be attended to first..
    If a patient ends up dying due to a faulty screening,
    said Hospital is certainly not going to want to deal with some multi million dollar lawsuit.

  5. #35
    iampoor12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    potato seeds
    Posts
    890
    Reputation
    35
    Thanks
    931
    My Mood
    Bored
    You Guys Shouldn't Fight About Witch Country Is Better. Because The USA And Canada Are Working Together In This World, Everything is Going Fine. We are Ali's with the USA Not Enemies. If We We're, than the war would be fking crazy. That would mean like we're to busy in war and then terrorist are going to take all the cookies in north america and sell it to Russia And Asia! When wars done, dead people everywhere, and since everybody was in war, theres no cookies left to heal anyone. DREAM TEAM = DEAD
    DO YOU WANT ALL KINDS OF COOKIES TO BE GONE? Well, I Wound Not Mind If They Took All That Crap Raisin Cookies But CHOCOLATE Is Way To Awesome To Be Stolen.
    So, Stop Fighting For The Need Of Cookies! So What if it costs money for healthcare there! They won't throw you out the window because you are short 2 cookies for 1!!!

    LOL @ WASTING 5 MINUTES TALKING ABOUT COOKIES :P

  6. #36
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by barklolbark View Post
    You assume that all hospitals are under HHS control, but they aren't. You should also realize the hospitals are in control of whether or not the situation is labeled an emergency, and can "transfer" them to another hospital in order to avoid treating a person who cannot pay.
    You are mistaking hospitals that specialize with certain cases with general hospitals.

    :/ You are basically calling an eye-doctor place a hospital.


  7. #37
    powpowpow21's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    NO WHERE AND EVERYWHERE
    Posts
    408
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    21
    My Mood
    Cool
    Ahhhhh I love the sweet smell of nationalism in the morning

  8. #38
    barklolbark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    331
    Reputation
    14
    Thanks
    12
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Ok read the COBRA/EMTALA law,
    because I don't thnk you have.
    The things you speak about are exactly why this law was implemented,
    to stop that kind of shit from happening.

    Yes of course there is medical screening to determine the severity of the patients situation..
    but keep in mind these screenings are legit. Gunshot wound>Sprained ankle
    Hospitals are busy places, and those in dire need must be attended to first..
    If a patient ends up dying due to a faulty screening,
    said Hospital is certainly not going to want to deal with some multi million dollar lawsuit.
    I'll submit to you in this argument. You obviously know more than me on this subject, so I will stop arguing until I learn more and am able to refute what you said, if that is possible or logical.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to barklolbark For This Useful Post:

    [MPGH]Ethereal (02-02-2011)

  10. #39
    CaT-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Gender
    female
    Posts
    7,335
    Reputation
    311
    Thanks
    488
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by barklolbark View Post
    I'll submit to you in this argument. You obviously know more than me on this subject, so I will stop arguing until I learn more and am able to refute what you said, if that is possible or logical.
    You're awesome, if only visible were like this, but he likes to think that he knows everything.


    ex-
    ex-x2
    ex-

  11. #40
    barklolbark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    331
    Reputation
    14
    Thanks
    12
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by CaT- View Post


    You're awesome, if only visible were like this, but he likes to think that he knows everything.
    Isn't Visible, "Para DICE" or something?

  12. #41
    Synchromanica's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The internet.
    Posts
    5,120
    Reputation
    152
    Thanks
    615
    My Mood
    Mellow
    I live in Vancouver, and don't believe this at all. Quality over Quantity. I think: New Zealand>World
    Last edited by Synchromanica; 02-02-2011 at 08:09 PM.

  13. #42
    barklolbark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    331
    Reputation
    14
    Thanks
    12
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    I think we're comparing Canada and America... Yeah.

  14. #43
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    I live in Vancouver, and don't believe this at all. Quality over Quantity. I think: New Zealand>World
    Hong Kong>world.


  15. #44
    CaT-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Gender
    female
    Posts
    7,335
    Reputation
    311
    Thanks
    488
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by barklolbark View Post
    Isn't Visible, "Para DICE" or something?
    Yeah thats him.


    ex-
    ex-x2
    ex-

  16. #45
    Stevenom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Summoner's Rift
    Posts
    17,746
    Reputation
    1087
    Thanks
    1,916
    My Mood
    Doubtful
    What about Australia?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast