Thread: AMERICA.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 46 to 54 of 54
  1. #46
    nevs666's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    515
    Reputation
    71
    Thanks
    35
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post
    I was pointing out objective facts, the interpretation of those facts is up to you. If it seems like I was posting only negative things - guess what - I was. With the intention of trying to provoke RJ into posting some of the positive aspects (which he did not, harr harr). When it comes to bashing: already forgotten the recent case of the kid who didn't want to pray on his graduation day or something? Forgot the case where the father lost custody because he was agnostic? Forgot that pretty much every oath in the US mentions some aspect of religion? Religion is integrated to such a degree in the US that I doubt you would even know what an agnostic / atheistic nation looks like.

    And bashing is by definition "severe criticism" whereas my points never severely criticized, they even admitted to the US being (among) the most influential & powerful countries and most definitely somewhere among the top ones overall.



    What I was doing was trying to get RJ to provide some backed up arguments or some actual facts. No country-ranking index would put the US on the first place overall.
    Well first off one of those facts you posted is wrong. Why try and provoke RJ? Is him saying were #1 really that offensive to you? When he tried to defuse the situation why did you blow it out of proportion and start shouting ridiculous stereotypes about America? As for the kid who didn't want to pray during graduation, so what? If he does not want to pray then why not let him? As for the guy who lost custody because he was agnostic, he didn't lose custody, his time with his kids was cut (assuming we are talking about the same case). That doesn't mean it was because he was agnostic. Oaths has religious mentions in them? Who cares? Just because the word god is in an oath does not mean that I have to believe in it/him/her/or them.

    Do I want to know what to know what an atheist nation looks like? No, I don't. Ill tell you what nation I would like to see tho. A nation where a Muslim can live next to a Jew in peace, a place where a atheist can speak openly about his lack of belief without being persecuted, a place where people of all religions can live together in peace. A nation like the good ol U S of A.

    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post


    If that is your only past time then yes USA is doomed.
    The pastime of one American can determine the fate of his whole nation?
    Last edited by nevs666; 08-08-2011 at 07:10 PM.
    "If a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest."

    -Benjamin Franklin
    ^One of our (our as in American no offence to non Americans) Founding Fathers and one of my personal heroes.

  2. #47
    Alen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Liquid Generator
    Posts
    27,930
    Reputation
    2539
    Thanks
    4,216
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by nevs666 View Post
    Well first off one of those facts you posted is wrong. Why try and provoke RJ? Is him saying were #1 really that offensive to you? When he tried to defuse the situation why did you blow it out of proportion and start shouting ridiculous stereotypes about America? As for the kid who didn't want to pray during graduation, so what? If he does not want to pray then why not let him? As for the guy who lost custody because he was agnostic, he didn't lose custody, his time with his kids was cut (assuming we are talking about the same case). That doesn't mean it was because he was agnostic. Oaths has religious mentions in them? Who cares? Just because the word god is in an oath does not mean that I have to believe in it/him/her/or them.
    Which fact was wrong? And when did he try to defuse the situation? And I'm pretty sure there was a case where a father lost custody because he was agnostic, making him less moral. And tbh I would believe one's freedom is greater where he does not have to accept religion in his education, judicial system, employment, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by nevs666 View Post
    Do I want to know what to know what an atheist nation looks like? No, I don't. Ill tell you what nation I would like to see tho. A nation where a Muslim can live next to a Jew in peace, a place where a atheist can speak openly about his lack of belief without being persecuted, a place where people of all religions can live together in peace. A nation like the good ol U S of A.
    What you described is far from the USA. Sorry to break it to you, the USA has alarmingly high crime rates and most definitely no lack of hate crimes. If you want to see a peaceful nation you might want to pay central / western Europe a visit, crime rates are on average over 4 times lower than in NA and we're generally less religious and more tolerant to other beliefs.

  3. #48
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,560
    Reputation
    2912
    Thanks
    5,335
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by nevs666 View Post
    Well first off one of those facts you posted is wrong. Why try and provoke RJ? Is him saying were #1 really that offensive to you? When he tried to defuse the situation why did you blow it out of proportion and start shouting ridiculous stereotypes about America? As for the kid who didn't want to pray during graduation, so what? If he does not want to pray then why not let him? As for the guy who lost custody because he was agnostic, he didn't lose custody, his time with his kids was cut (assuming we are talking about the same case). That doesn't mean it was because he was agnostic. Oaths has religious mentions in them? Who cares? Just because the word god is in an oath does not mean that I have to believe in it/him/her/or them.

    Do I want to know what to know what an atheist nation looks like? No, I don't. Ill tell you what nation I would like to see tho. A nation where a Muslim can live next to a Jew in peace, a place where a atheist can speak openly about his lack of belief without being persecuted, a place where people of all religions can live together in peace. A nation like the good ol U S of A.



    The pastime of one American can determine the fate of his whole nation?
    Where did I say one American?

  4. #49
    Mouzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Saegertown
    Posts
    9,151
    Reputation
    520
    Thanks
    2,036
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post


    Where did I say one American?
    Right here..


  5. #50
    nevs666's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    515
    Reputation
    71
    Thanks
    35
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post
    Which fact was wrong? And when did he try to defuse the situation? And I'm pretty sure there was a case where a father lost custody because he was agnostic, making him less moral. And tbh I would believe one's freedom is greater where he does not have to accept religion in his education, judicial system, employment, etc.



    What you described is far from the USA. Sorry to break it to you, the USA has alarmingly high crime rates and most definitely no lack of hate crimes. If you want to see a peaceful nation you might want to pay central / western Europe a visit, crime rates are on average over 4 times lower than in NA and we're generally less religious and more tolerant to other beliefs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post
    If by #1 you mean the #1 in terms of obesity ... yeah, I'd agree.
    ^Wrong

    Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Still #1
    He wasn't provoking you in anyway, but somehow you were offended by this?

    Well can you send me a link to the case?

    We don't have to accept any religion at all, I really don't know where you are getting this from.

    The Treaty of Tripoli.

    "As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquility, of Musselmen; and as the said States never have entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mehomitan nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries."

    Crime in America is at an extreme decline (When you have more people in a country there tends to be more crime).

    Crime in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Europe the land of tolerance... Human Rights First: Hate crimes, anti-Semitism on rise in Europe - Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News

    You making outrageous claims on America made me think, have you ever even been to America? You certainly act like you have.
    "If a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest."

    -Benjamin Franklin
    ^One of our (our as in American no offence to non Americans) Founding Fathers and one of my personal heroes.

  6. #51
    Alen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Liquid Generator
    Posts
    27,930
    Reputation
    2539
    Thanks
    4,216
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by nevs666 View Post
    ^Wrong
    Obesity statistics - Countries Compared - NationMaster

    Quote Originally Posted by nevs666 View Post
    He wasn't provoking you in anyway, but somehow you were offended by this?
    I guess you can't read. I was provoking him.

    Quote Originally Posted by nevs666 View Post
    Well can you send me a link to the case?
    Father Loses Custody of His Children for Being Agnostic - Fox59 News - YouTube - AtheistMediaBlog - RichardDawkins.net

    Quote Originally Posted by nevs666 View Post
    We don't have to accept any religion at all, I really don't know where you are getting this from.
    Most of the lulzy stuff from reddit.

    Quote Originally Posted by nevs666 View Post
    The Treaty of Tripoli.

    "As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquility, of Musselmen; and as the said States never have entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mehomitan nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries."
    That's what they say. Look at what's going on in reality. Whether you like it or not, religion plays a huge role in the US.

    Quote Originally Posted by nevs666 View Post
    Crime in America is at an extreme decline (When you have more people in a country there tends to be more crime).

    Crime in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    I'm not talking absolute figures, US has more crime than loads of European countries.

    Quote Originally Posted by nevs666 View Post
    Europe the land of tolerance... Human Rights First: Hate crimes, anti-Semitism on rise in Europe - Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News

    You making outrageous claims on America made me think, have you ever even been to America? You certainly act like you have.
    I have? And please do note that hate crimes are present all over the world, but it would be nice to have some actual raw data on the hate crime rates to compare the US to Europe

  7. #52
    nevs666's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    515
    Reputation
    71
    Thanks
    35
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post
    Obesity statistics - Countries Compared - NationMaster



    I guess you can't read. I was provoking him.



    Father Loses Custody of His Children for Being Agnostic - Fox59 News - YouTube - AtheistMediaBlog - RichardDawkins.net



    Most of the lulzy stuff from reddit.



    That's what they say. Look at what's going on in reality. Whether you like it or not, religion plays a huge role in the US.



    I'm not talking absolute figures, US has more crime than loads of European countries.



    I have? And please do note that hate crimes are present all over the world, but it would be nice to have some actual raw data on the hate crime rates to compare the US to Europe
    Feast Your Eyes: The United States Is No Longer the Fattest Country - Food - GOOD

    Same case I saw, he didn't lose custaty his time was cut. He will most likely win due to the media attention.

    You keep saying that but yet have any evidence to back it up other then the word god in a sentance. Just because you say the word god does not mean you have to belive in him, I dont know why you cant understand this .

    That tends to happen when you have a much larger population. Your not even taking in account the vast amount of Europeans we took in in the 20's. A lot of them turned to crime because they couldn't find jobs.

    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post


    Where did I say one American?
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post


    "Entertainment consists of any activity which provides a diversion or permits people to amuse themselves in their leisure time." If you only judge entertainment through movies than the USA is a doomed nation.
    Last edited by nevs666; 08-11-2011 at 08:36 PM.
    "If a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest."

    -Benjamin Franklin
    ^One of our (our as in American no offence to non Americans) Founding Fathers and one of my personal heroes.

  8. #53
    Enric1010's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    7
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    0
    My Mood
    Grumpy
    I hope a Koala gives you chlamydia

  9. #54
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,560
    Reputation
    2912
    Thanks
    5,335
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by nevs666 View Post
    Feast Your Eyes: The United States Is No Longer the Fattest Country - Food - GOOD

    Same case I saw, he didn't lose custaty his time was cut. He will most likely win due to the media attention.

    You keep saying that but yet have any evidence to back it up other then the word god in a sentance. Just because you say the word god does not mean you have to belive in him, I dont know why you cant understand this .

    That tends to happen when you have a much larger population. Your not even taking in account the vast amount of Europeans we took in in the 20's. A lot of them turned to crime because they couldn't find jobs.
    I used the word "you" as a collective term...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Similar Threads

  1. Disucssion about "Death To America"
    By Dave84311 in forum Islam vs Western World
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 11-12-2006, 11:37 AM
  2. "Death To America"
    By Dave84311 in forum General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-08-2006, 03:27 PM
  3. the internet for america is fucked.
    By OMGH4X in forum Spammers Corner
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-23-2006, 12:12 PM
  4. America Haters Look HERE FFS
    By sf0d in forum General
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 07-18-2006, 03:55 PM
  5. America's Army aimbot
    By garebear in forum General Game Hacking
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-30-2005, 05:52 PM