Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Revolution in America.

Well, I've always wondered about this subject and I think this may become a reality if our freedoms keep getting imposed on.

If a revolution happens in this Country, do you think American soldiers would fire on their own people?
    My family has a long history of military service, and still have members currently serving.
    All branches take an oath to uphold the Constitution and to protect their Country.
    But do you think that some servicemen/women would simply follow orders of their commanding officers
    and imprison,attack, or kill American civilians if given the order to do so?
    I believe if Obama gets into office again he is going to directly assault the second amendment.
    Gun laws have been tightening up in many states, and then we have this:

Just look at the Justice Department’s clandestine and deadly conspiracy in the “Fast and Furious” scandal.

The only plausible explanation for “Fast and Furious” is that they wanted to somehow “prove” the administration’s false and fraudulent claims that—to quote President Obama—“more than 90 percent of the guns recovered in Mexico come from the United States.”

So the Justice Department and BATFE appear to have secretly conspired to allow, encourage and assist an illegal gun smuggling operation—even spending your tax dollars to buy guns for the drug cartels—knowing full well that thousands of guns were heading straight to the most violent criminals on both sides of the border.

We were never supposed to find out about that.

The “Fast and Furious” operation might have remained a secret if it hadn’t led to the murder of one federal officer—U.S. Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry, where “Fast and Furious” guns were found at the scene of that murder—and possibly many violent crimes both in the U.S. and Mexico.

As I’m sure you know, two congressional investigations into this criminal conspiracy have been under way for most of the year.

Yet so far, President Obama and Attorney General Eric Holder have done nothing but shrug their shoulders, shirk responsibility and stonewall the investigations at every turn, as if Americans shouldn’t care that a massive criminal enterprise seems to have been run right out of our own Justice Department, just to set the stage for a future Obama gun ban.

Going after our right to bear arms is asking for a revolution..and I feel if these gun laws come to fruition we will see one.

TL;DR:

If Obama gets into office again and attacks the second amendment, and a revolution occurs..
    Will American soldiers be with the revolutionaries, or against them.
    Will they fire on civilians protecting their rights, as they themselves were sworn to do?

I think soldiers will be spoonfed propaganda,
    and that all revolutionaries will be labeled "domestic terrorists"
    I'm sure many soldiers may buy the lie, but I'm opting that the majority will not..and they will join the good fight.

Debate on!
    Last edited by Ethereal; 02-14-2012 at 06:10 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    depends upon the scale. America is a huge place, i doubt the soldiers would do anything like fire openly on major scale.
    -more likely a civil war.

But the problem is no such need is there like in the civil war, nor the amount of territory controlled by people.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Well, it depends on what do you see as your country. If you're a soldier that sees the core of the country in the people and not the government, then defending your country could be seen as joining the revolution. On the other hand, if you see the Government as the real U.S., then you might as well fight the rebels, which would be labeled as terrorists. It is really subjective. Countless times have there been revolutions in history, and the armed forces have both gone against it or with it. The question is; what would be the final drop for the American people to call it and just come to arms? And, just as it happened with the French Revolution, how will this influence the worldwide scene? Other revolutions? Europe is in a very unstable moment right now, and it will need more than 5 years to come out of it. Some things to think about .
    God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sir Nathan For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Ethereal (02-15-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine
    A House divided against itself cannot stand.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired
    A civil war is never an answer to when you disagree on an issue. America is based on free and open discussion that leads to peaceful resolutions.

If so-called "revolutionaries" ever rose up, then yes, they probably would be fired upon if they committed any violent act/attempted to secede from the country.

As for Operation Fast and Furious, it was simply a misguided effort that flopped. We shouldn't spend too much time bickering over it and just move on. Our country spends way too much time hurling blame at each other instead of actually discussing how to fix its issues.
    Last edited by Bluthera; 02-15-2012 at 05:00 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by unicorn69 View Post
    A House divided against itself cannot stand.
    Great quote by a wise man.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hot
    @Ethereal
    Ok.
    Lemme sum this up as easily as POSSIBLE.
    A revolution in America isn't "simple".
    America is one of the strongest countries on planet Earth.
    It's possible that America has contact with aliens.
    and by aliens i mean people from other planets.
    If that's not possible..
    Let's give some examples..
    Area 51.
    Soldiers are ordered to shoot on sight any intruders.
    All the attempts to cover up all the alien sightings.
    All the top secret technologies they've got.
    Ok
    now let's get to the main point
    The United states of america would do whatever it takes to stay in power.
    Which means they could easily kill ANYONE who gets in their way.
    Edit:
    OH and all the bullshit about "free speech" and "democracy" is whore shit.
    Novus Ordo Seclorum bitches
    Last edited by Martin Johnson; 04-13-2012 at 10:15 PM.

"“Religions are, by definition, metaphors, after all: God is a dream, a hope, a woman, an ironist, a father, a city, a house of many rooms, a watchmaker who left his prize chronometer in the desert, someone who loves you—even, perhaps, against all evidence, a celestial being whose only interest is to make sure your football team, army, business, or marriage thrives, prospers, and triumphs over all opposition. Religions are places to stand and look and act, vantage points from which to view the world. So none of this is happening. Such things could not occur. Never a word of it is literally true.” .”
    I was Martin Johnson

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Yeah, I just don't see citizens bringing guns to the government. They would protest to a point where they scream for an impeachment, but i dont think a revolution could occur easily. Tear gas and tons of people would be arrested.

You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Yeah I think a lot of soldiers will fire on citizens, because most of them will be "convinced" that in some way it's for the "better good". Not all of them will, but I think a lot will.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Soldiers have hearts too. They know that firing on civilians goes against everything they stand for. They take an oath when they become marines. That is to protect their country. If a revolution begins, the civilians are fighting FOR their country not against it. It's for the better good. The government doesn't make this country, we do. It is most likely to be the generals and other high ranked marines to take orders to fire at civilians. I hope this is all making sense lol. A revolution is on its way though...just wait.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
    Yeah I think a lot of soldiers will fire on citizens, because most of them will be "convinced" that in some way it's for the "better good". Not all of them will, but I think a lot will.
    Yeah and they watch propaganda before every fight and will lay down their lives in a heartbeat for an uneccesary cause for the good of the reich.

i forget you're still stuck in 1942 tried to compensate.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Most soldiers will fire on civilians. War has a funny way of making people do things that repulse and horrify them, things they would never do before war beat them down, killed their friends in front of them.

Read about Vietnam and the War on Terror. The enemy is non-human. It will be more difficult to do it to Americans, since our soldiers, unlike in other countries, protect us. However, it is definitely possible. Make it about self-defense, about survival, and they will do anything.

For most people, their morals are not worth their lives.

Also, two words. Civil War.

"I really screwed up this time."
    Jeffrey Dahmer

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Yes they will fire upon civilians. You take an oath, u either uphold it, or get arrested or even executed.
    Please Help Me become a Donator.

Thanks
    Yes, they will. Soldiers are machines and machines dont dissobey.

Once I turn into a true special force soldier, I'm gonna quit and fight in my own if this crap happens.
    Need a custom image title? Check out my thread