Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 341
  1. #76
    Saboteur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Great White North
    Posts
    29,383
    Reputation
    5235
    Thanks
    7,571
    My Mood
    Grumpy
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    Nothing is free.

    The doctors need to be paid, the cast itself cost money to make, and the whole process involves mutiple people who all need to be paid just like you.
    -Well maybe not like you, from the sound of things you don't have a job.
    ------------

    What tends to be the point is that "medical aid should be free" for everything. The problem with this is that they still take the money from you by taxes or with your tax money.

    Sure I can see it being redistributed to that instead of a less useful project, but the assumption that the you are getting it for free because its a basic service is false still.
    ----------------------------

    In the end you will pay for the service one way or another.
    According to some Americans "Free Healthcare" is socialism. American is bent on capitalistic ventures which is why hospitals overcharge patients. You can try to seem so mighty and authoritative on the subject but in reality Americans don't have proper healthcare because it's a shitty country that's being run and lobbied by rich people who don't give a shit. Americans have this dumb ass pseudo-nationalism and it's not preserving mankind in any way shape or form. Capitalism is killing culture and ruining the earth. If you try to deny it then you're obviously blinded.
    Last edited by Saboteur; 07-23-2012 at 06:46 PM.



    VIP Support // May 2011
    CF Minion // January 2012
    Newsforce // August 2012
    Minion+ // March 2013
    Moderator // August 2014
    Former Staff // January 2015
    General Minion // July 2015
    Publicist // December 2015


  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Saboteur For This Useful Post:

    Drake (07-24-2012),scotbud123 (07-23-2012)

  3. #77
    4chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Führerbunker
    Posts
    1,825
    Reputation
    146
    Thanks
    150
    My Mood
    Amused
    If you are a citizen and truly feel that the U.S. sucks perhaps another country would be a better place for you to live. Many people have left this country because they have lost respect for it.

  4. #78
    nevs666's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    515
    Reputation
    71
    Thanks
    35
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKinky View Post


    Need to jump in here. America has done some amazing things in the past, but let's look at the present. Corporate domination over the world market, military presence in nearly every country, new law every week slowly taking the freedom from its people, America is becoming an Empire. I mean look at the UN Arms Treaty, pretty sure Obama's going to sign off on it and let it slide right through, buh-bye Second Amendment.
    The good still overshadows the bad. You didn't refute my examples above. You are doing the same thing scot did, ignore my points by saying we did good things, but then move onto another topic, I didn't give Obama the idea to bypass the constitution through a U.N treaty. The military base thing is relevant, but I encourage you to read this.
    "If a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest."

    -Benjamin Franklin
    ^One of our (our as in American no offence to non Americans) Founding Fathers and one of my personal heroes.

  5. #79
    You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    scotbud123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    2,754
    Reputation
    86
    Thanks
    212
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Scata View Post
    According to some Americans "Free Healthcare" is socialism. American is bent on capitalistic ventures which is why hospitals overcharge patients. You can try to seem so mighty and authoritative on the subject but in reality Americans don't have proper healthcare because it's a shitty country that's being run and lobbied by rich people who don't give a shit. Americans have this dumb ass pseudo-nationalism and it's not preserving mankind in any way shape or form. Capitalism is killing culture and ruining the earth. If you try to deny it then you're obviously blinded.
    It's Empire dude, no matter how many times he's proven wrong he will still argue his biased, dumb, ignorant viewpoint. Without even attempting to accept and understand someone else's arguments and point of view.

    What you said is 100% correct, but he'll still try to refute it.








     





















  6. #80
    ☬Ξη†τσρîζ Ζσ♍βîε δτσηε☬
    Former Staff
    Premium Member
    Lehsyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    10,899
    Reputation
    1281
    Thanks
    3,064
    Quote Originally Posted by nevs666 View Post
    The good still overshadows the bad. You didn't refute my examples above. You are doing the same thing scot did, ignore my points by saying we did good things, but then move onto another topic, I didn't give Obama the idea to bypass the constitution through a U.N treaty. The military base thing is relevant, but I encourage you to read this.
    I did in fact read your post but it was referring to actions done by America in the past and blatantly ignoring what is currently happening preset day. And within that article the statistics are based on known bases according to a 2010 figure, you can not possibly believe the united states is going to give a report stating the actual amount of military bases we have spread across the world do you? And in two years many bases could easily have been created, many bases are just abandoned buildings we flop to become an intelligence based operation, but we still occupy said areas. And alof with the soldiers we have CIA and undercover personnel, as ell as undercover operations in general with high ranking military services. No one knew about the night watch in Vietnam until a good ten-fifteen years after the military conflict ended. America is actually very experienced with hiding actual figures from the American people. Look at Clinton, he smudged the numbers to make it seem like America had a deficit of zero, which is untrue. That example is to prove te point that the Anerican government can falsify any statistical number given, especially when it comes to the confines of their military presence.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Lehsyrus For This Useful Post:

    scotbud123 (07-23-2012)

  8. #81
    nevs666's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    515
    Reputation
    71
    Thanks
    35
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Lehsyrus View Post

    I did in fact read your post but it was referring to actions done by America in the past and blatantly ignoring what is currently happening preset day. And within that article the statistics are based on known bases according to a 2010 figure, you can not possibly believe the united states is going to give a report stating the actual amount of military bases we have spread across the world do you? And in two years many bases could easily have been created, many bases are just abandoned buildings we flop to become an intelligence based operation, but we still occupy said areas. And alof with the soldiers we have CIA and undercover personnel, as ell as undercover operations in general with high ranking military services. No one knew about the night watch in Vietnam until a good ten-fifteen years after the military conflict ended. America is actually very experienced with hiding actual figures from the American people. Look at Clinton, he smudged the numbers to make it seem like America had a deficit of zero, which is untrue. That example is to prove te point that the Anerican government can falsify any statistical number given, especially when it comes to the confines of their military presence.
    I'm not ignoring the bad things we are doing in the present, on the contrary it seems that everyone else is ignoring the GOOD things we are doing in the present. Like giving away foreign aid like it was candy, and damn near every time their is a natural disaster who is the first one the ground with relief supply's? I would personally like it if we dismantled most of our bases in non-combat areas like Japan, Germany, France ect. However military installations are necessary in some high risk country's. "Bases" I feel are used in a vary loose term. Like you and the article said many of those "bases" house 10 or less U.S personal and are generally extremely small ranging from a radio station to a "intelligence based operation" post. I don't even see a point in why they would lie about these installations, undercover CIA and black ops shit sure, but why lie about a radio station? Unless some major military operation would be underway, where it would be expected of them to be all hush hush about it so the enemy wouldn't know of it. I don't see a point in them lying about it.
    "If a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest."

    -Benjamin Franklin
    ^One of our (our as in American no offence to non Americans) Founding Fathers and one of my personal heroes.

  9. #82
    Empire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    .Alwayz.
    Posts
    19,901
    Reputation
    659
    Thanks
    1,345
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Scata View Post


    According to some Americans "Free Healthcare" is socialism. American is bent on capitalistic ventures which is why hospitals overcharge patients. You can try to seem so mighty and authoritative on the subject but in reality Americans don't have proper healthcare because it's a shitty country that's being run and lobbied by rich people who don't give a shit. Americans have this dumb ass pseudo-nationalism and it's not preserving mankind in any way shape or form. Capitalism is killing culture and ruining the earth. If you try to deny it then you're obviously blinded.
    According to some? I'm sorry but am I some? No?
    Then don't mention that bullshit.

    Hospitals overcharge? I'm sorry but do you even know what it takes to be a doctor? The amount the equipment cost? The amount of people that need to be staffed in just one hospital?

    No? Then shut it.
    -Because it takes 12 years to be a doctor. Until then you are not paid shit
    -The equipment cost a LOT, simply because they aren't mass-produced and are made with high technology.
    -There needs to a be a secretary, nurse, and specialized treatments require certain doctors. Such as anaesthesic requiring anaesthesiologist, tons of specialized surgeons, doctors for all sorts of fields really.
    -There is also the fact that doctors work a lot more than your average person. Normal employees don't do 24, 48, or 72 hour shifts. They can barely handle 12.

    Now if you are complaining about how it takes $500 to get a cast? Get the fuck out. You want a cast for free? Won't happen. You have to pay to obtain something.

    Seriously, do you really think freeloading is the solution here?
    ---------------

    I suggest you learn about the business model before posting next time.
    -----------------------------------------------------


    Capitalism is killing culture and ruining the earth?

    Excuse me, but do you know ANYTHING about capitalism?

    Like for say, the definition?:

    Capitalism
    -An economic and political system in which a country's trade and industry are controlled by private owners for profit.


    Sounds familiar right? Well that's because its been around since the dawn of fucking man. Hence its been around forever so its kinda odd that you mention its "ruining the earth"(really hippie?) or "killing culture"(How much pot are you smoking bro?).
    -------------------------------------------------


  10. #83
    ..x_X_x..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    On The [[[MoOoN]]]
    Posts
    1,812
    Reputation
    49
    Thanks
    620
    My Mood
    Angelic
    best country in the world is qualalambour..so stop talking people

  11. #84
    You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    scotbud123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    2,754
    Reputation
    86
    Thanks
    212
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Empire View Post
    According to some? I'm sorry but am I some? No?
    Then don't mention that bullshit.

    Hospitals overcharge? I'm sorry but do you even know what it takes to be a doctor? The amount the equipment cost? The amount of people that need to be staffed in just one hospital?

    No? Then shut it.
    -Because it takes 12 years to be a doctor. Until then you are not paid shit
    -The equipment cost a LOT, simply because they aren't mass-produced and are made with high technology.
    -There needs to a be a secretary, nurse, and specialized treatments require certain doctors. Such as anaesthesic requiring anaesthesiologist, tons of specialized surgeons, doctors for all sorts of fields really.
    -There is also the fact that doctors work a lot more than your average person. Normal employees don't do 24, 48, or 72 hour shifts. They can barely handle 12.

    Now if you are complaining about how it takes $500 to get a cast? Get the fuck out. You want a cast for free? Won't happen. You have to pay to obtain something.

    Seriously, do you really think freeloading is the solution here?
    ---------------

    I suggest you learn about the business model before posting next time.
    -----------------------------------------------------


    Capitalism is killing culture and ruining the earth?

    Excuse me, but do you know ANYTHING about capitalism?

    Like for say, the definition?:

    Capitalism
    -An economic and political system in which a country's trade and industry are controlled by private owners for profit.


    Sounds familiar right? Well that's because its been around since the dawn of fucking man. Hence its been around forever so its kinda odd that you mention its "ruining the earth"(really hippie?) or "killing culture"(How much pot are you smoking bro?).
    -------------------------------------------------
    Love how you jump on him saying "according to some" sorry, according to MOST, there, happy?

    It's not freeloading just because our system works better than yours, having a system that rewards everyone is much more balanced system than one which rewards the rich.

    The rich, that are by the way, the way they are because of your fucking capitalistic society. You can try to deny and justify it all you want, capitalism shits on the lower class just to make the upper class even higher than they already are. (And trust me, they really don't need to be that high.) Thanks to your terrible, capitalistic society the rich have more money than they can ever spend in the same country that has an 8% unemployment rate and millions of people starving on the streets.

    Why? Because capitalism is just a bad system, deal with it. (Especially in your country, it's done to the fucking extreme.) Calling him a hippie is a blatant ad homienm and shows how mad you really are bro.








     





















  12. #85
    Commander X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Anonymous
    Posts
    723
    Reputation
    83
    Thanks
    2,498
    Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
    Love how you jump on him saying "according to some" sorry, according to MOST, there, happy?

    It's not freeloading just because our system works better than yours, having a system that rewards everyone is much more balanced system than one which rewards the rich.

    The rich, that are by the way, the way they are because of your fucking capitalistic society. You can try to deny and justify it all you want, capitalism shits on the lower class just to make the upper class even higher than they already are. (And trust me, they really don't need to be that high.) Thanks to your terrible, capitalistic society the rich have more money than they can ever spend in the same country that has an 8% unemployment rate and millions of people starving on the streets.

    Why? Because capitalism is just a bad system, deal with it. (Especially in your country, it's done to the fucking extreme.) Calling him a hippie is a blatant ad homienm and shows how mad you really are bro.
    Canada had an unemployment rate of 8% in 2009 and the unemployment rate went up to as high as 17% in Newfoundland and Labrador, but you criticize America for having an unemployment rate of 8%? But if capitalism works so badly what other economic system would you use? What about communism? Nope that failed terribly. Socialism just doesn't work on a massive scale because of human greed.
    But stop being so such a nationalist butthurt kid. You don't have to go around saying your country is better than x, y, and z. You can simply make a counter argument that doesn't have to be a " No, you are wrong and to add my country is better than yours" response.


    "Christian Bible, the Gospel of Mark, chapter five, verse nine. We acknowledge this as an appropriate metaphor. We are Legion, a terminal of the Geth. We will integrate into Normandy."
    -Legion

  13. #86
    You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    scotbud123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    2,754
    Reputation
    86
    Thanks
    212
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Commander X View Post
    Canada had an unemployment rate of 8% in 2009 and the unemployment rate went up to as high as 17% in Newfoundland and Labrador, but you criticize America for having an unemployment rate of 8%? But if capitalism works so badly what other economic system would you use? What about communism? Nope that failed terribly. Socialism just doesn't work on a massive scale because of human greed.
    But stop being so such a nationalist butthurt kid. You don't have to go around saying your country is better than x, y, and z. You can simply make a counter argument that doesn't have to be a " No, you are wrong and to add my country is better than yours" response.
    Canada sure as hell isn't the best country in the world, but it's leaps and bounds ahead of the U.S.A, that's for sure. Capitalism can work, not the way America is doing it. When the rich have more money than they can ever dream of spending, and there's people that are homeless, starving on the streets. SOMETHING is not right, and that should be fairly fucking obvious.








     





















  14. #87
    Commander X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Anonymous
    Posts
    723
    Reputation
    83
    Thanks
    2,498
    Quote Originally Posted by scotbud123 View Post
    Canada sure as hell isn't the best country in the world, but it's leaps and bounds ahead of the U.S.A, that's for sure. Capitalism can work, not the way America is doing it. When the rich have more money than they can ever dream of spending, and there's people that are homeless, starving on the streets. SOMETHING is not right, and that should be fairly fucking obvious.
    Sure you can say all of that but what have you done to help? Greed is a major part of society and it's been embedded for hundreds of years, but I find interesting that people will preach their ideals but not act on them. If you believe in something act on it. I'm sure you will sit in your position and never act because you are a materialistic drone that goes with society, words mean nothing. America is the way it is because it was a superpower and had a booming economy many times, this is the act of corporations so if you want to blame something blame corporations because if you know anything about American politics you will see that is who we are voting for every four years.


    "Christian Bible, the Gospel of Mark, chapter five, verse nine. We acknowledge this as an appropriate metaphor. We are Legion, a terminal of the Geth. We will integrate into Normandy."
    -Legion

  15. #88
    Dave84311's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Wild Wild West
    Posts
    27,852
    Reputation
    3541
    Thanks
    36,144
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Quote Originally Posted by C4Vendetta. View Post
    America is:

    - 27th in gender equality in the world.
    - 24th in healthy life expectancy
    - Around 25th on education (depending on subject)
    - 13th on privacy
    - 23rd on quality of overall infrastructure
    - 14th in global well-being.
    - 9th on national IQ score

    America also is:

    - 1st in having most deaths of young people
    - 1st in most preventable deaths
    - 4th in likeliness of an terrorist attack
    - 1st in military expenditures (America spends more on their military than the next 26 countries combined. 25 of whom are allies.)
    - 1st in national debt
    - 1st in having the highest carbon dioxide emission
    - 1st in most prisoners per 100,000 people

    Stop living the dream and wake up.


    Sources:

     
    The Global Gender Gap Index 2008 Rankings

    Global Wellbeing Index 2010 - Country Rankings

    World Health Organization Disability Adjusted Healthy Life Expectancy Table (HALE)

    Educational Score Performance - Country Rankings

    Privacy Country Ranks 2007 and Leading Surveilance Societies Around the World - Countries Rankings

    Quality of overall infrastructure - Country Rankings 2011

    Quality of overall infrastructure - Country Rankings 2011

    Death Rates of Young People - Country Rankings 2011

    Preventable Deaths for selected countries, 1997-1998 and 2002-2003, issued 2008

    List of countries by military expenditures - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    List of countries by external debt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Carbon Footprints - Carbon Dioxide Emissions 1990-2004 - 2007 Rank - Country Rankings

    National IQ Scores - Country Rankings
    All I got from this is we're #1 at everything. /bow





    THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE


    "First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311HAD VIRTUAL DETOX

  16. #89
    You have enemies? Good, that means you stood up for something.
    MPGH Member
    scotbud123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    2,754
    Reputation
    86
    Thanks
    212
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Commander X View Post
    Sure you can say all of that but what have you done to help? Greed is a major part of society and it's been embedded for hundreds of years, but I find interesting that people will preach their ideals but not act on them. If you believe in something act on it. I'm sure you will sit in your position and never act because you are a materialistic drone that goes with society, words mean nothing. America is the way it is because it was a superpower and had a booming economy many times, this is the act of corporations so if you want to blame something blame corporations because if you know anything about American politics you will see that is who we are voting for every four years.
    Yeah, I know all of that. That's fairly obvious.

    Plus, sitting there and saying "All you do is sit there and spout your words and do nothing." isn't any better. Overcoming this isn't something one person can do alone, so that's a really stupid thing to say. If we all can come to agreement though, and if we're all willing to fight for it (which I am, but can't do alone) then we can start to get somewhere. Until then, we're all fucked. And we'll all continue to be fucked as long as the majority of people think like you. (Which sadly, they do.)








     





















  17. #90
    4chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Führerbunker
    Posts
    1,825
    Reputation
    146
    Thanks
    150
    My Mood
    Amused
    There is no greatest country in the world. Every country has strong points and weak ones.
    Personally, I think America has a lot of freedoms, a lot more opportunity than a lot of other countries, and a lot more freedom to express yourself religiously.
    However we also have an atrocious public school system, and as a result an increasingly stupid and unambitious population who complain about the fact they can't get anywhere or get a job but blame and attack the people work worked hard to get where they are.

    However if you ARE willing to do the work to really build a life for yourself, this is a great country to do it in.

Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. What The Greatest City In The World?
    By MC² in forum General
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 07-10-2011, 01:03 AM
  2. USA vs. Every Country In The World
    By lordofme50 in forum United States of America
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 01-15-2011, 07:45 AM
  3. Best country in the world
    By Scruffy in forum United States of America
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 06-07-2010, 10:08 AM
  4. in a world of deception the truth is the greatest weapon
    By sam159 in forum Islam vs Western World
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-04-2010, 06:37 PM
  5. GREATEST SECRET OF THE WORLD
    By Gourav2122 in forum General
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-18-2007, 08:22 PM