Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    starkman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Gender
    male
    Location
    nue seealind
    Posts
    394
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    23
    My Mood
    Cynical

    Request Name Change

    Name change for @jamesglaN to doggo if it's available.
    If needed I can confirm the account is mine.
    thanks.
    [/I][/U]
    i only have a signature because all the cool kidz are doing it
    [/U][/I]



  2. #2
    Liz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    female
    Location
    Karnaca
    Posts
    30,710
    Reputation
    4094
    Thanks
    17,861
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    That's not really how it works... Could also not tie you and the account via IP.


    Click Here to Become a MPGH Premium Member by Donating $25 or More.

    If anyone claims to be me via MSN/Skype/Email or any other source outside of MPGH private or visitor messages, IT'S NOT ME!
    They are trying to trick or scam you. Report them immediately and PM me here for verification.
    "Don’t confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are." — Frank Ocean
    Moderator: 5/2009-10/2009 | GMod: 10/2009-10/2010 | Staff Administrator: 10/2010-Present
     
    Stupid/Pointless Private messages = SPAM, SPAM = BAN.

  3. #3
    starkman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Gender
    male
    Location
    nue seealind
    Posts
    394
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    23
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    That's not really how it works... Could also not tie you and the account via IP.
    wtf lol?
    how does it work though?
    i'll make an thread on the account regarding this?
    [/I][/U]
    i only have a signature because all the cool kidz are doing it
    [/U][/I]



  4. #4
    jamesglaN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Gender
    male
    Location
    kennel
    Posts
    18
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    That's not really how it works... Could also not tie you and the account via IP.
    just confirming the account is mine.

  5. #5
    Gill Bates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Location:Location:Location:Location:Location:Location:Location:Location:
    Posts
    941
    Reputation
    111
    Thanks
    196
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by starkman123 View Post
    wtf lol?
    how does it work though?
    i'll make an thread on the account regarding this?
    You can only change an account's name if you donated via THAT account.
    You are basically trying to request a name change for someone else's account.
    Even if you say it is yours, that is not how the name changing works.
    Donate via the account you want a name change on, and then request it, or get the required post count.
    I think what Liz was trying to say is that the IPs for the accounts are different, and she could not tie/link both of them to the same IP, therefore, assuming the account is not yours.

  6. #6
    starkman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Gender
    male
    Location
    nue seealind
    Posts
    394
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    23
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly Bates View Post
    You can only change an account's name if you donated via THAT account.
    You are basically trying to request a name change for someone else's account.
    Even if you say it is yours, that is not how the name changing works.
    Donate via the account you want a name change on, and then request it, or get the required post count.
    I think what Liz was trying to say is that the IPs for the accounts are different, and she could not tie/link both of them to the same IP, therefore, assuming the account is not yours.
    I thought donations meant you could request unlimited name changes, where as you could only request 1 on an account that hasn't donated?
    [/I][/U]
    i only have a signature because all the cool kidz are doing it
    [/U][/I]



  7. #7
    Liz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    female
    Location
    Karnaca
    Posts
    30,710
    Reputation
    4094
    Thanks
    17,861
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by starkman123 View Post
    I thought donations meant you could request unlimited name changes, where as you could only request 1 on an account that hasn't donated?
    It is, but only on the account you donated for. So in this case it would be starkman123. Not for every single alt you might possess. The only time I've made exceptions is when the donor has an alt and want their specific name, so then the names are traded. Other than that, no.


    Click Here to Become a MPGH Premium Member by Donating $25 or More.

    If anyone claims to be me via MSN/Skype/Email or any other source outside of MPGH private or visitor messages, IT'S NOT ME!
    They are trying to trick or scam you. Report them immediately and PM me here for verification.
    "Don’t confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are." — Frank Ocean
    Moderator: 5/2009-10/2009 | GMod: 10/2009-10/2010 | Staff Administrator: 10/2010-Present
     
    Stupid/Pointless Private messages = SPAM, SPAM = BAN.

  8. #8
    starkman123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Gender
    male
    Location
    nue seealind
    Posts
    394
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    23
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post

    It is, but only on the account you donated for. So in this case it would be starkman123. Not for every single alt you might possess. The only time I've made exceptions is when the donor has an alt and want their specific name, so then the names are traded. Other than that, no.
    oh...... rip
    [/I][/U]
    i only have a signature because all the cool kidz are doing it
    [/U][/I]



  9. #9
    Liz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Gender
    female
    Location
    Karnaca
    Posts
    30,710
    Reputation
    4094
    Thanks
    17,861
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Glad we got that straightened out.


    Click Here to Become a MPGH Premium Member by Donating $25 or More.

    If anyone claims to be me via MSN/Skype/Email or any other source outside of MPGH private or visitor messages, IT'S NOT ME!
    They are trying to trick or scam you. Report them immediately and PM me here for verification.
    "Don’t confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are." — Frank Ocean
    Moderator: 5/2009-10/2009 | GMod: 10/2009-10/2010 | Staff Administrator: 10/2010-Present
     
    Stupid/Pointless Private messages = SPAM, SPAM = BAN.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Liz For This Useful Post:

    [MPGH]Black (10-10-2015)

Similar Threads

  1. [Request] Name Change
    By xiiav in forum Suggestions, Requests & Help
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-23-2009, 12:53 PM
  2. [Request] Name change
    By Metro in forum Suggestions, Requests & Help
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-14-2009, 01:39 AM
  3. [REQUEST] Name Change
    By Czar in forum Suggestions, Requests & Help
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-02-2009, 10:06 PM
  4. Request: Name Change
    By InHuman in forum Suggestions, Requests & Help
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-21-2009, 08:30 PM