Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Why Political Parties are Stupid

Taking a government class, then promptly forgetting everything I learned. Everything I learned, except for how the Government really is total garbage.

Now beings I really did forget most things I learned, I'm not necessarily going to go off of knowledge or statistics to prove or disprove anything. Instead, I'm going to ask the question:

In a country that is going down the drain, what good is having political parties bickering about stupid unimportant matters?

Now I understand the overall need for political parties. Progress needs to be made, two heads are better than one, etc. But nothing that I have heard in the last few years from either of the parties is anything more than "Republicans suck because they *enterreasonhere*" and "Democrats suck because they *enterreasonhere*"

More of the debates are about proving why the other party and/or runner is a total loser. Why can't both parties bind together to further America instead of bickering like children?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty
    They are not stupid but they consider common citizens stupid. They cant come together bez of their vested interests.

Thanks
    I believe it was George Washington's Farewell Address that even stated to not produce political parties.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    I believe it was the great George Clooney who once said, "political parties are dumb", and I'm inclined to agree with him.

Thanks
    agreed that partisan politics lead to a lot of poitnless bickering, but I'm not really sure what would work as a sollution. parties seem like a necessary evil to ensure that different viewpoints in politics are represented imo

Thanks
    Not all political parties are stupid. Have Libertarians and Greens done anything to you? They don't even make these comments like Republicans/Democrats do.

signature of a liberal

Thanks
    There never used to be parties when everything started, and that was for a good reason

But shortly after they created them everything started to get eerily gay in the 1800s