Thread: Samus.

Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,518
    Reputation
    1850
    Thanks
    3,161
    My Mood
    Amused

    Samus.


  2. #2
    Joay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    23
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    0
    nice depth
    bad flow
    good quality and text
    cant rly tell wut the render is doing?
    7/10

  3. #3
    CauseOfDeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    84
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    1
    I dont really like the colors :[ BW maybe?

  4. #4
    Joay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    23
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    0
    bw sucks
    especially when overused
    *cough cause of death

  5. #5
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,518
    Reputation
    1850
    Thanks
    3,161
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Joay View Post

    cant rly tell wut the render is doing?
    7/10
    Getting ready to suck a big black dick.

  6. #6
    mexicano007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Photoshop CS3/MPGH[GFX]Section!
    Posts
    1,236
    Reputation
    12
    Thanks
    47
    My Mood
    Inspired
    I Like it, not really liking the text, but its looks good.
    +Latest



  7. #7
    Kyle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    [England, UK...] Activity Time: GMT (9am-8pm)
    Posts
    1,937
    Reputation
    92
    Thanks
    359
    It lacks direction and thought-out focals. The C4Ds are award and do not compliment each-other or the render. The colours are fairly muted and quite dull. Theres a lack of light, and the text is standard. I think you've over complicated it to be honest. It's ok, but i think you can do better.

    As is with the thirds rule, my eyes are drawn to the 2 blue c4ds first and not the focal. My advice is that you place your focals on a third and not the centre. This will both make the tag more appealing but also give you a easy job when it comes to flow (i.e. not just exploding out the centre). I think the flow should have gone diagonal (almost like "/" ) to make it as if the focal has travel to it. Also try to avoid blurring the sides. Blurring should not blatently used to draw attention to the focal, it should give the piece distance.

    KIU,

    energy


    War does not determine who is right- only who is left.



  8. #8
    Brizingir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    GFX section
    Posts
    3,810
    Reputation
    36
    Thanks
    124
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by EnergyK View Post
    It lacks direction and thought-out focals. The C4Ds are award and do not compliment each-other or the render. The colours are fairly muted and quite dull. Theres a lack of light, and the text is standard. I think you've over complicated it to be honest. It's ok, but i think you can do better.

    As is with the thirds rule, my eyes are drawn to the 2 blue c4ds first and not the focal. My advice is that you place your focals on a third and not the centre. This will both make the tag more appealing but also give you a easy job when it comes to flow (i.e. not just exploding out the centre). I think the flow should have gone diagonal (almost like "/" ) to make it as if the focal has travel to it. Also try to avoid blurring the sides. Blurring should not blatently used to draw attention to the focal, it should give the piece distance.

    KIU,

    energy
    why...just WHY dont u cnc my sigs like this D:

  9. #9
    "We all can be only who we are, no more, no less."
    MPGH Member
    taken4time's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,072
    Reputation
    12
    Thanks
    43
    un-appealing to me v.v no offence...
    text is too bland
    what flow for there to be isn't really there
    c4d's don't mix with the render let alone the blurred one in the background
    it doesnt mix at all imo

    "You talk like a drunk man walks: in every direction but where he be headed."

    “You mean that it’s not only what he does that makes him dangerous, but also what he feels justified in doing?”

  10. #10
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Under your bed, watching you sleep.
    Posts
    24,580
    Reputation
    3317
    Thanks
    3,563
    not to bad


  11. #11
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,518
    Reputation
    1850
    Thanks
    3,161
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by taken4time View Post
    un-appealing to me v.v no offence...
    text is too bland
    what flow for there to be isn't really there
    c4d's don't mix with the render let alone the blurred one in the background
    it doesnt mix at all imo
    It's ok. Everything you make is unappealing to me.
    Way to sheep EnergyK's pro c&c btw. I lol'ed irl.

    Anyhoo..Great c&c Energy,
    I actually wasn't happy with this at all.
    I agree with pretty much everything you pointed out.
    I think the issue was that I had no real ideas for this tag.
    I ended up just winging it, and the final result was fail lol.

Similar Threads

  1. Sorrow: Samus Tutorial
    By Storm in forum Tutorials
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-22-2011, 10:20 PM
  2. Energy and Samus?
    By daniliard in forum Showroom
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 08-26-2009, 07:19 AM
  3. New Samus sig
    By mexicano007 in forum Showroom
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-04-2009, 02:13 PM