Thread: Soldier - Hope

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah

Soldier - Hope

Tried to get some depth here, a feel of chaos, and a bit more realism.

CnC appreciated.

He Who Dares Wins
    And i'll die to win, cause i'm born to lose
    Fucking Civilian

Thanks
    damn. thats really good.
    cant think of anything wrong, but im just starting in ps, so i wouldnt really know.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    Quote Originally Posted by HAXzor View Post
    damn. thats really good.
    cant think of anything wrong, but im just starting in ps, so i wouldnt really know.
    Thank you, i'm not to sure about the black part on the very left of the piece, looks out of place when i look at it now.

He Who Dares Wins
    Fucking Civilian

Talking walls speak and spell my life story.
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaWn View Post
    Thank you, i'm not to sure about the black part on the very left of the piece, looks out of place when i look at it now.
    This is good.
    Just a tip.
    Don't lighten/sharpen your render too much
    Once again, this is good.

Cloud and thunder, storm and rain, I will summon these elements to bring you the most intense pain.
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    That's some pretty shit.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Drunk
    Awesome siggie :P

Ain't my internet pro

Thanks
    u might wanna take out or lighten the black on the left

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Looks good. :3

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    Thanks for all the comments

@ J3T yeah, i was a oversharpen whore, the lighting i tried to be a bit more realistic with the light hitting only the left side of his face, but yeah i guess i overdid it a bit.

@ Tosh I agree looking at it now, but that bit was actually a tree trunk when i started with it, and i didn't really know what to do with it when i got going.

He Who Dares Wins
    Fucking Civilian

Thanks
    Thanks for all the comments

@ J3T yeah, i was a oversharpen whore, the lighting i tried to be a bit more realistic with the light hitting only the left side of his face, but yeah i guess i overdid it a bit.

@ Tosh I agree looking at it now, but that bit was actually a tree trunk when i started with it, and i didn't really know what to do with it when i got going.
    u could make it dirt flying up

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    I'll list the things I notice.

1. The render/focal point is definitely over-sharpened and noisy. I also understand that adding light to something and sharpening it afterwards creates that effect. It often happens to many of my pieces.
    2. The blue wisps noticeable on the right, far left and on the focal point, in my opinion look a touch out of place. Perhaps changing the hue of these, to a greener colour would add to the piece rather than detract.
    3. The black space on far left. I'm not sure if it's good or bad. It's good in the sense that it adds focus to the focal point, but it's bad in that it is just negative space and looks awkward when you focus your attention on it. Perhaps add a smokey effect over it or add some green in there (I honestly don't know how to fix neg. space all that well).

Overall I like the piece. You definitely executed your concept well, just perhaps needs a bit of fine tweaking. Hopefully I satisfied you with my CnC :P

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Spray and pray class lulz.

Well, i like it, my only suggestion is a slightly bigger border, but thats it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah
    Quote Originally Posted by drsynyster View Post

1. The render/focal point is definitely over-sharpened and noisy. I also understand that adding light to something and sharpening it afterwards creates that effect. It often happens to many of my pieces.
    2. The blue wisps noticeable on the right, far left and on the focal point, in my opinion look a touch out of place. Perhaps changing the hue of these, to a greener colour would add to the piece rather than detract.
    3. The black space on far left. I'm not sure if it's good or bad. It's good in the sense that it adds focus to the focal point, but it's bad in that it is just negative space and looks awkward when you focus your attention on it. Perhaps add a smokey effect over it or add some green in there (I honestly don't know how to fix neg. space all that well).
    Thank you for the great CnC mate. I agree with your first point, yet now i know that i can avoid it in the future. As for the blue wisps, great spotting, i'm suprised more people didn't see them and yeah i agree, even though i added some colour balances they wouldn't blend, and i should have probably of just removed them altogether or as you said turned them into green. With the black space i agree, i didn't have a clue what to do with it. Once you got some negative space it's hard to do anything with it that will fit into your piece, and to me now it just looks like an obstacle in the signature, something taking away from the piece.
    Yeah thanks for the CnC, it'll help me correct mistakes i make in later signatures.

Thank you Empire, the border looking at it is slightly too small, but it wasn't my biggest worry

He Who Dares Wins
    Fucking Civilian

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Thank you for the great CnC mate. I agree with your first point, yet now i know that i can avoid it in the future. As for the blue wisps, great spotting, i'm suprised more people didn't see them and yeah i agree, even though i added some colour balances they wouldn't blend, and i should have probably of just removed them altogether or as you said turned them into green. With the black space i agree, i didn't have a clue what to do with it. Once you got some negative space it's hard to do anything with it that will fit into your piece, and to me now it just looks like an obstacle in the signature, something taking away from the piece.
    Yeah thanks for the CnC, it'll help me correct mistakes i make in later signatures.

Thank you Empire, the border looking at it is slightly too small, but it wasn't my biggest worry
    Anytime mate.