Thread: --Guidelines--

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed

--Guidelines--

Some Guidelines

This is a set of guidlines that will be enforced in this section , please follow these rules at all times as well as the rules found here (http://www.mpgh.net/forum/8-graphic-...128-rules.html ) and here (http://www.mpgh.net/forum/rules.php). If a Minion / Upper Staff catches any in violation of these rules you may recieve a short ban or a warning / Infraction depending on the extent of the offense or how often you do it after being warned (consider this list of rules your first warning) it is your responsibility to abide by these rules, it is not up to the Minion's or any staff member to continously remind you.

1. You should respect all members at all times consider the golden rule and treat them as you want to be treated {and if for some reason you would like to be treated poorly, then ignore the former comment and simply treat them with respect regardless).

~ as a rule of MPGH and now a mentionable rule here, the Minion & upper staff have the right to govern the rules, Show them respect at all times, remember they can ban you, if they attempt to remind you of the rules or enforce the rules & you disrespect them, I will ban you.

~ CNC (as much as every thing else) should be offered with respect regardless of your opinion to the signature / artwork, there is no reason to put them down.

Respect in CNC example

Bad:
    You suck, go read a tut
    Proper:
    I give it a 2/10 , I personally dislike the signature because.......
    Which brings me to my second rule.

2. Proper CNC. CNC is meant to be "constructive" and as constructive criticism it should always be directed at the signature / art not at the "artist" themselves. You can offer negative feedback, in fact there is almost never a time where it is "all good", but when you do offer suggestions on what that person can do to fix what it is you dislike, If you feel your comment will be harsh or isn't going to help {respectfully} then you should not post.

~ I feel a lot of members in this section don't know enough about what the "artist is trying to display and If you don't know enough yourself or if you are uncertain then it may be better not to CNC at all, or ask .

Example:

It looks like you are attempting a Grunge style signature, is this correct?
    If the user responds yes, then then you can offer your opinion, but if you call it a "mess" without ever knowing, or what if it is abstract and not c4d? then how can you really say anything?

~ Some members spend a lot of time working on their artwork, good or bad, and a lot of them do it JUST to release it in the GFX section, they don't need to spend alot of time JUST to hear comments like

teh sucks
    here is a great example of how to do it RIGHT.

Sorry bro can't say much good things about this one.

First off you're colors are quite rich and very inviting but then you clash them with a black and white effect. On top of that you're render is also black and white. The style now tends to stray from black and white work with the occasional exception. This style of B&W with a splash of color works quite well for advertising and drawing attention to where you want it but not so well in a personal piece.

Another thing I'd like to point out is the lightning. Something happened there that I am not quite sure of. The Lighting (stock?) gets cut off on the clouds and there are plenty of other small parts that were poorly erased. Not sure what happened, maybe lack of time or effort? You're lighting isn't too bad though but it could be better.

Another thing I'd like to point out to you is your placement. If you are unaware of the rule of thirds I would advise you to look it up on google, I'm sure you will find plenty of information on it there. Basically you don't want a focal point of your piece to be centered or way off center. Assuming you know what it is, I will just tell you that your text should be moved and your render should be moved slightly closer to the center. Also because of the way the castle in the background is portrayed it is a little eye catching and may also want to be moved off center but seeing as how that shouldn't catch ones eye you may want to fix that in other ways.

Besides all that it's not bad, good idea just needs a little fixing up.
    here are a few poor examples

Pro is Pro
    Go read a fking tut
    I hate it
    There is NO reason to be so negative when you offer CNC, it doesn't help & leads to negative arguments for no reason. Which leads me to my next rule.

3. (again) As a rule of MPGH and therefor a rule of this section, there is never a good reason to troll.

~ If you can only be disrespectful, or hateful towards another member then Do not post. I can also count this as harassment and as mentioned in the first part of this rule post, I will ban / warn / infract members for doing being hateful / trolling.

Final Rule

4. Do not rip anyone else's hard work (or any work for that matter).

~ Designers work very hard on their sigs/avas/art etc. and no one want's that work stolen from them, infraction / ban will follow .

~ If you follow a tutorial , then offer credits to the author of that tutorial, If even a small part is someone elses PSD that you copied into your own, offer credits to the author.

Minion(s) &/Or mods of your section along with upper staff & members of the GFX Team can request a PSD of your artwork, if you cannot provide one, and/or they locate the original one somewhere else, then proper action WILL be taken

Finally note:

There are many types of styles in design, It seems that this section finds that signatures should only be C4D , Grunge or any other common (current) & popular contemp. design, Artwork is protrayed by the artist and meant to be interpreted by the viewers , NO art is "wrong" , A signature does NOT have to have bright lights to be "good art" .

Signatures have no real life application, but in REAL world design, to much of something (like c4d concept) would never get you any where, so don't assume because it isn't "your style" that it is "bad"

Example

Go read a tutorial
    You are suggesting someone reads a Signature tutorial? Think about that, you are telling someone (essentially) that, unless they do it JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE then they did it wrong, when I say (even in digital art) there is no WRONG way, it's art...., They may need some styling / tactics tips, but they do NOT need to be like everyone else, just individuals.
    Last edited by Ryguy; 03-17-2011 at 01:51 PM.

The Most complete application MPGH will ever offer - 68%

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NextGen1 For This Useful Post:

Archangel (03-17-2011),[MPGH]Insane (03-18-2011),Lucianberg (09-29-2011),Super Martin (03-17-2011)

Cloud and thunder, storm and rain, I will summon these elements to bring you the most intense pain.
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Well said, brother.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Super Martin For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]NextGen1 (03-17-2011)

Thanks
    All of this has been said before but now it's all in one place I guess haha.

Glad to see that you really want to become part of this section. Fixed a spelling mistake that was bothering me and i lold when i saw my quote.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryguy View Post
    All of this has been said before but now it's all in one place I guess haha.

Glad to see that you really want to become part of this section. Fixed a spelling mistake that was bothering me and i lold when i saw my quote.
    @Ryguy

A. I do want to be a part of this section , so thank you. However, Irrelevant, this was made because I legit feel bad for the ppl who try to come into this section and get flamed , I'm basically telling everyone this section belongs to the members of MPGH, not to a specific "circle".

B. I know there is some mention of some of these things in somewhat less detail, however, This whole section still flames & ignore the rules So I am letting everyone know that I am going to make sure these rules are enforced (with leniency of course, I am not a hard ass, just want others to feel ok with coming in here)

I would do the same thing for any section where ppl get treated as bad as some of the posts by a few members ( a couple in specific)

BUT , this is about me wanting the best for this section, we can make rules and guidelines all day long, but if we don't enforce them and let everyone do what they want, then what's the point?

Finally @ your quote, I used it because it seems that the only members who know how to properly CNC is the few on the GFX team, everyone else ....not so much.

@ Spelling mistake C did't go down on catches

Last edited by NextGen1; 03-17-2011 at 03:27 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to NextGen1 For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Ryguy (03-17-2011)

Cloud and thunder, storm and rain, I will summon these elements to bring you the most intense pain.
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by NextGen1 View Post

@Ryguy

A. I do want to be a part of this section , so thank you. However, Irrelevant, this was made because I legit feel bad for the ppl who try to come into this section and get flamed , I'm basically telling everyone this section belongs to the members of MPGH, not to a specific "circle".

B. I know there is some mention of some of these things in somewhat less detail, however, This whole section still flames & ignore the rules So I am letting everyone know that I am going to make sure these rules are enforced (with leniency of course, I am not a hard ass, just want others to feel ok with coming in here)

I would do the same thing for any section where ppl get treated as bad as some of the posts by a few members ( a couple in specific)

BUT , this is about me wanting the best for this section, we can make rules and guidelines all day long, but if we don't enforce them and let everyone do what they want, then what's the point?

Finally @ your quote, I used it because it seems that the only members who know how to properly CNC is the few on the GFX team, everyone else ....not so much.

@ Spelling mistake C did't go down on catches

@NextGen1
    My CnC is gewd, yet, it doesn't get appreciated by the majority of people, so I'm not even trying to do it /.
    If I do it great, people'll just say ''kthxbai'' or shit like that - which is what I don't want.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Super Martin For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]NextGen1 (03-18-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    @DickLicker , Which is what needs to change. "kthanxbai" is both Spam & not helpful at all, there will almost never be a "perfect" piece, but what is perfect really ?
    So, everyone should expect and except criticism, but that criticism should be helpful, & when it is if someone responds "kthnx" then report it as spam

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Tbh I feel like I've seen this thread at MPGH at least 4-5 times.

I mean the effort is much appreciated, but it's been said and done already in the past..
    Also, I suggest warning people if they say stupid shit rather then going straight to a ban.
    If we're trying to get more activity here, then we might have to put up with some dummies, we're all mature I think we can handle some insecure douche talking shit on the net.
    If you go straight to a ban chances are you're gonna just lose people,
    I've seen it happen here already.

Also it's not so bad to have some fun in this section.
    It doesn't have to be run like everything done here is serious bizness.
    Yes, let the blatant flamers know they won't be tolerated,
    but at least have some leniancy torwards the regulars here if they aren't being complete assholes.
    That's about all I have to contribute to this thread.
    Last edited by Ethereal; 03-18-2011 at 11:28 AM.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ethereal For This Useful Post:

[MPGH]Ryguy (03-18-2011),Super Martin (03-18-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    @Ethereal
    but at least have some leniancy torwards the regulars here if they aren't being complete assholes.
    @NextGen
    So I am letting everyone know that I am going to make sure these rules are enforced (with leniency of course, I am not a hard ass, just want others to feel ok with coming in here)

I mean the effort is much appreciated, but it's been said and done already in the past..
    It's not just about this section, problem is, the regular members of this section (so far) think they deserve special treatment.

I am VERY lenient and let a lot go, but MPGH still has rules....The reason your section is so dead is because everyone feels they can do what they want. . . .

Also it's not so bad to have some fun in this section.
    Every section should be fun, but stop and think about that statement for a second.

When I hang out with my friends, or spend time with a group of ppl IRL (if I know them or not) we don't have fun by:

Retarded is Retarded
    Who are all these special ppl
    Go read a tut noob
    That looks like shit
    I can keep going if you like?

How is that by any means fun? All it is , is the action of a few individuals arrogance, like a horrible photographer who thinks he/she is a god so he/she bombards individuals who attempt photography with negative/hateful comments, and that can be considered fun? For who?

I know a professional photographer, pretty famous photographer, doesn't live far from me, he is even on IMDB for his video work with major companies.

I have been sat with him when he was showing me the music videos for a band that he was working on, and I pointed out some dislikes (granted , he does great work) and we had a blast just sitting there and going over the video by frames, a lot of FUN! But if I said

That fking sucks, Go read a tutorial
    The fun would have ended there, at least for him, it would have been extremely offensive, so why should this section be any different?

I wonder how many ppl here actually realize why this section is so dead.........

If you go straight to a ban chances are you're gonna just lose people,
    I've seen it happen here already.
    Where did that even come from?
    The Original Post clearly states.

I will ban / warn / infract members for being hateful / trolling.
    This is a set of guidlines that will be enforced in this section , please follow these rules at all times as well as the rules found here (Graphic Design - MPGH - MultiPlayer Game Hacking ) and here (MPGH - MultiPlayer Game Hacking - Rules). If a Minion / Upper Staff catches any in violation of these rules you may recieve a short ban or a warning / Infraction depending on the extent of the offense or how often you do it after being warned (consider this list of rules your first warning) it is your responsibility to abide by these rules, it is not up to the Minion's or any staff member to continously remind you.
    Can't make it any more clearer then that, that's in accordance with MPGH - MultiPlayer Game Hacking - Rules

finally

Yes, let the blatant flamers know they won't be tolerated,
    Agree, But obviously they are, seems some specific individuals here have been allowed to do whatever they want with not one single warning/infraction/ban.

Many members in this section have reported small things like spam in general, but no one from this section can manage to click the report button for flame / trolling?

Seem to miss how that can happen.

(mean no disrespect or offense, simply offering a explanation)

Last edited by NextGen1; 03-18-2011 at 02:02 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to NextGen1 For This Useful Post:

Super Martin (03-18-2011)

Thanks
    Sounds so dry and overused, nothing really new to the section.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    been there done that... G/L though Rich.

Click Here to Become a MPGH Premium Member by Donating $25 or More.

If anyone claims to be me via MSN/Skype/Email or any other source outside of MPGH private or visitor messages, IT'S NOT ME!
    They are trying to trick or scam you. Report them immediately and PM me here for verification.
    "Don’t confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are." — Frank Ocean
    Moderator: 5/2009-10/2009 | GMod: 10/2009-10/2010 | Staff Administrator: 10/2010-Present

Stupid/Pointless Private messages = SPAM, SPAM = BAN.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Liz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    Seems there's a different variable this time around.

EDIT:

Actually, there's two or three.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    @Ryan , Which?
    @Liz, Thanks, Hope I don't need it though
    @Czar, you should know me well enough by now to know that nothing I say is "dry".
    I do what I say I will. Never anything else.

Promised Programming section more attention, I gave them wannacode
    Promised Sections more attention cause there is no minion/mod , I did it.
    Promised Cleaner sections for the less kept after section, and I have started.

Now I promise I will do everything in my power to help members feel comfortable enough to come in here and join this part of the community , and I will also do w/e I can (including passing ideas to GFX Team) to enhance this sections activity and get it back to the way I remember it, I don't break a single promise.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Why must you write gigantic responses..?

So basically you pretty much assume that my idea of fun around here is
    just flaming people for no reason, or insulting them..considering the examples you gave me.

Not what I meant at all..

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by NextGen1 View Post
    @Ryan , Which?
    @Liz, Thanks, Hope I don't need it though
    @Czar, you should know me well enough by now to know that nothing I say is "dry".
    I do what I say I will. Never anything else.

Promised Programming section more attention, I gave them wannacode
    Promised Sections more attention cause there is no minion/mod , I did it.
    Promised Cleaner sections for the less kept after section, and I have started.

Now I promise I will do everything in my power to help members feel comfortable enough to come in here and join this part of the community , and I will also do w/e I can (including passing ideas to GFX Team) to enhance this sections activity and get it back to the way I remember it, I don't break a single promise.
    Well, it consists of a few things.
    (with all due respect to Liz...)

1. You're not taking the section by storm and taking nearly all control of activities.
    2. You're not placing fun-turned-to-work expectations on us.
    3. You're not forming the team to your preference.
    4. We have a reason to respect you from the git-go.

As long as none of those things change, you're on the right track, based on the events of the past.

You have the automatic favor of most of the regulars here, and ultimately, it was the regulars that made the section into something, as well as into nothing, both happenings dependent on who held the spot of authority at the time.

I like how you're taking into account the opinions of the section, and I hope that in the future, we'll be able to consult with each other in a democratic fashion to liven this place up again.
    This is a good time to start too, considering American summer vacation is coming, which is when activity here has fluctuated in the past.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Ryan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    so true, but at least u understood the section

this is gonna fail, its never worked before, but its nice to see u trying, i give u a 5 outa 10 for effort
    ++latest++

Quote Originally Posted by shaheenster View Post
    Until i googled it, i though bokeh was a type of jap porn

sums up wat i though

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast