Thread: Vectors

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21
  1. #1
    dariusgfx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    66
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    4

    Vectors

    A few vectors i made , these are NOT filters , it takes hours in illustrator , and even longer when you just use the pen tool in photoshop , like i did.






  2. #2
    Ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    7,924
    Reputation
    411
    Thanks
    998
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Post screenies of .psd.

  3. #3
    dariusgfx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    66
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    4
    ok , hold on. i may have to get my desktop for one .

    Last edited by dariusgfx; 06-05-2011 at 09:58 PM.



  4. #4
    apeguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    A box :)
    Posts
    3,384
    Reputation
    18
    Thanks
    328
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by dariusgfx View Post
    ok , hold on. i may have to get my desktop for one .

    Gotta say, those are pretty bad ass pictures you made.

  5. #5
    Scrcrw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    8,229
    Reputation
    95
    Thanks
    808
    My Mood
    Angelic
    ur pentool is really choppy, what makes a great vector is the smoothness
    the beard on the second one is really choppy, especially with the texture


    Shifty sexy shit


  6. #6
    dariusgfx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    66
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrcrw View Post
    ur pentool is really choppy, what makes a great vector is the smoothness
    the beard on the second one is really choppy, especially with the texture
    well have a vector battle ! :P

    But its a pen tool? most vectors are smooth because most vectors are made and supposed to be made in illustrator. Im not making an excuse , I could have done much better , but you cant expect it to be perfect.



  7. #7
    Scrcrw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    8,229
    Reputation
    95
    Thanks
    808
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by dariusgfx View Post
    well have a vector battle ! :P

    But its a pen tool? most vectors are smooth because most vectors are made and supposed to be made in illustrator. Im not making an excuse , I could have done much better , but you cant expect it to be perfect.
    i dont do vectors, im just telling u where you could improve


    Shifty sexy shit


  8. #8
    dariusgfx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    66
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrcrw View Post
    i dont do vectors, im just telling u where you could improve
    I understand , im just saying it wont be perfect in photoshop.

    thanks for comments.



  9. #9
    Mokou-Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Akihabara
    Posts
    9,808
    Reputation
    442
    Thanks
    663
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Its not bad, i dont do vectors aswell so I cant say anything to impove. aint my area yet.
    Formerly known as gamer4evere



     
    Participated on:
    MPGH GAMING NIGHT 08/03/2015 - Town of Salem



  10. #10
    Faux's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    Posts
    1,344
    Reputation
    33
    Thanks
    272
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Its done in photoshop. So its not a vector. Its called a "Vexel".

  11. #11
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,518
    Reputation
    1850
    Thanks
    3,160
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Faux View Post
    Its done in photoshop. So its not a vector. Its called a "Vexel".
    Not true.

    First of all, photoshop not capable of VECTORS is not true. True vectors are supposed to enlarge any size, and still not change any shape or form. They should not pixelize. So some people say that photoshop is a raster program, therefore the images that it makes (like vectoring in photoshop) makes it not a true vector, because it supposedly pixelizes. That, however, is invalid.

    Second of all, photoshop is still a raster program, no matter if it creates vectors or vexels. So if you enlarge something...ALL the pictures would come out pixelated, not just the vectors. If you go to Photoshop, Edit>Image Size, and instead of PIXELS, you change the percentage to let's say...800, then the results would be a larger image of a vector that is NOT pixelated.

    In fact, go to Illustrator, zoom in the vector you did in PHOTOSHOP, and you will not see something pixelated.

    Even in photoshop, if you save the file as .EPS, you will have an option as "Include Vector Data." If you cannot vector in photoshop, then why does it have that? It's as simple as it can be. You can vector in PS.
    Last edited by Ethereal; 06-06-2011 at 01:39 PM.

  12. #12
    Faux's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    Posts
    1,344
    Reputation
    33
    Thanks
    272
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post


    Not true.

    First of all, photoshop not capable of VECTORS is not true. True vectors are supposed to enlarge any size, and still not change any shape or form. They should not pixelize. So some people say that photoshop is a raster program, therefore the images that it makes (like vectoring in photoshop) makes it not a true vector, because it supposedly pixelizes. That, however, is invalid.

    Second of all, photoshop is still a raster program, no matter if it creates vectors or vexels. So if you enlarge something...ALL the pictures would come out pixelated, not just the vectors. If you go to Photoshop, Edit>Image Size, and instead of PIXELS, you change the percentage to let's say...800, then the results would be a larger image of a vector that is NOT pixelated.

    In fact, go to Illustrator, zoom in the vector you did in PHOTOSHOP, and you will not see something pixelated.

    Even in photoshop, if you save the file as .EPS, you will have an option as "Include Vector Data." If you cannot vector in photoshop, then why does it have that? It's as simple as it can be. You can vector in PS.
    Your argument is valid. I shall now shut the fuck up.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Faux For This Useful Post:

    Lucianberg (10-07-2011)

  14. #13
    Ethereal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    13,518
    Reputation
    1850
    Thanks
    3,160
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Faux View Post
    Your argument is valid. I shall now shut the fuck up.
    In all fairness to you it's a pretty common misconception amongst graphic artists.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Ethereal For This Useful Post:

    Lucianberg (10-07-2011)

  16. #14
    dariusgfx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    66
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Faux View Post
    Its done in photoshop. So its not a vector. Its called a "Vexel".
    not really , if you notice my .psd layers are shapes that can be enlarged and they wont become pixelated , which is the definition of a vector to my understanding?

    edit : nvm, thanks ethereal



  17. #15
    Keroaplt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,846
    Reputation
    150
    Thanks
    360
    My Mood
    Bored
    As Scr said really choppy you need to make it smooth it's not about what you used it's about how you made it
    If you make a vector square that doesn't mean it's gonna be smooth it's still gonna be a square

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast