In the air, rising higher and higher as I watch you crash.
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical

Just a little thing.

Alright guys, well for those who know me, I'm sorta back, and the rest probably don't care, but HEY TO YOU TOO! Well, I've been working a bit more with photoshop, and decided to try something I've never really worked well with.

1. Gradients
    2. Multiple blurs
    3. No renders in the sig

So, I've tried a few times, and here's what I've come up with. It's not perfect, or the best, but I tried, so let me know what you think. All CnC is appreciated.

Just realised, I lost a lot of quality when uploading to a site, then to here...
    Last edited by DylanOwnsYou; 09-03-2011 at 07:06 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to DylanOwnsYou For This Useful Post:

Tyraell101 (09-03-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    All you did was a dd a granite layer, then put some text on it, then blurred it.

so we cant CnC this, look up some tuts, u have alot to learn.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    If you'd like, I'll send you the psd, I did a lot more than what you think...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    You did a good job man nevermind what SouLesstells you you did a good job with stuff your not too familliar with

You did a good job man nevermind what SouLess tells you you did a good job with stuff your not too familliar with

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Tyraell101 For This Useful Post:

DylanOwnsYou (09-03-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    Contrary to what SouLess says, I don't believe that tuts will really help you. I mean, by now you should have a grasp of the tools and their functions already. x_x No sense following step by step every click an artist does. _ In vectoring, gfxing (whatever) you need creativity. And that's not going to be taught by reading tutorials, although it may inspire creativity. If you're going to use renders in the future, some stuff you might want to read up on is lighting, composition (use of lighting and positioning to create a balance), and of course, how to compliment different elements of your work, linking them all together. An understanding of color, first and foremost is important. :0 Here's a tutorial that helped me a lot when I was starting out. Once you understand color, composing a pleasing artwork/siggie will be no problem. Quick and Dirty Color Theory by =DarlingMionette on deviantART

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by sllyther1 View Post
    Contrary to what SouLess says, I don't believe that tuts will really help you. I mean, by now you should have a grasp of the tools and their functions already. x_x No sense following step by step every click an artist does. _ In vectoring, gfxing (whatever) you need creativity. And that's not going to be taught by reading tutorials, although it may inspire creativity. If you're going to use renders in the future, some stuff you might want to read up on is lighting, composition (use of lighting and positioning to create a balance), and of course, how to compliment different elements of your work, linking them all together. An understanding of color, first and foremost is important. :0 Here's a tutorial that helped me a lot when I was starting out. Once you understand color, composing a pleasing artwork/siggie will be no problem. Quick and Dirty Color Theory by =DarlingMionette on deviantART
    Thats legendary stupidity right there, i cant believe that i just herd u say that "tuts wont help"

if tuts wont help, nothing will. /fp

Thanks
    First you say art classes are useless,
    now you're saying tutorials won't help you with PS..
    Pretty much everyone I know that is good in PS got there by reading tutorials. No you don't have to follow every single aspect of the tut,
    but saying they won't help you is just stupid, and really shows your own lack of knowledge pertaining to this subject.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Bawls View Post
    First you say art classes are useless,
    now you're saying tutorials won't help you with PS..
    Pretty much everyone I know that is good in PS got there by reading tutorials. No you don't have to follow every single aspect of the tut,
    but saying they won't help you is just stupid, and really shows your own lack of knowledge pertaining to this subject.
    Hmm, well, I like the idea of tuts for learning how others get their things, but when it comes to making my own, and then I think to what I've seen, and how to do my own, they all resemble the tuts, just with my variation on renders and colors. I prefer to learn on my own by trying new things, testing them out, and getting cnc on how to improve on my own, but I do use tuts for a few things, such as when I first started with ps, and was clueless. But nonetheless, tuts are not useless, but it's also hard for people who aren't too good to not copy them.

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    I was assuming by context of SouLess's statement here :
    "All you did was a dd a granite layer, then put some text on it, then blurred it.

so we cant CnC this, look up some tuts, u have alot to learn."
    That the tuts he referred to were tuts showing how to make a sig, (e.g., blahblah's grayscale sig tutorial, blahblah's ultimate noise sig tutorial, etc.)
    In my head, I was imagining something like this :
    1. So first you take this image, and this other image
    2. Then you cut this part out and paste it into this masking layer
    3. Download the photoshop brush pack here and use this brush and create strokes in a striped pattern
    4. Do some adjustments and done
    in this sense of a tutorial, I guess it teaches a certain way to do one style. Well, I don't know. ;=; I was thinking what I would suggest if I were in thread poster's shoes (bleeh, me and my ideas). I feel that there's a certain creative constraint when following tutorials like this. Certainly while I phrased "will [not] really help" I was taking a too biased approach based on my opinion. Though everyone interprets and uses information differently, I believe that every artist strives to explore art and create something by himself - from their mind, without having to constrain to directions, to perfectly doing something one way.

Bleeh, it's probably my lack of explanation. ;3; At any rate, if it helps the thread starter, that'll be great. :0

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    I was assuming by context of SouLess's statement here :
    "All you did was a dd a granite layer, then put some text on it, then blurred it.

so we cant CnC this, look up some tuts, u have alot to learn."
    That the tuts he referred to were tuts showing how to make a sig, (e.g., blahblah's grayscale sig tutorial, blahblah's ultimate noise sig tutorial, etc.)
    In my head, I was imagining something like this :
    1. So first you take this image, and this other image
    2. Then you cut this part out and paste it into this masking layer
    3. Download the photoshop brush pack here and use this brush and create strokes in a striped pattern
    4. Do some adjustments and done
    in this sense of a tutorial, I guess it teaches a certain way to do one style. Well, I don't know. ;=; I was thinking what I would suggest if I were in thread poster's shoes (bleeh, me and my ideas). I feel that there's a certain creative constraint when following tutorials like this. Certainly while I phrased "will [not] really help" I was taking a too biased approach based on my opinion. Though everyone interprets and uses information differently, I believe that every artist strives to explore art and create something by himself - from their mind, without having to constrain to directions, to perfectly doing something one way.

Bleeh, it's probably my lack of explanation. ;3; At any rate, if it helps the thread starter, that'll be great. :0

Well, I'm not understanding why people think I don't know anything. If you'd all like, I've posted threads before, and I can re-upload all my sigs to this thread. As I've stated before, I was testing concepts I didn't fully know how to use, hence I was asking for cnc so I could learn. Take the sig I have now, very basic, yet you get what it's about, and it gets it's meaning right there, to the point. The focal points are close to being exact, blah blah blah. Back to the topic, I am not new, nor have I been working with ps for a short amount of time. I've been using it for close to 2 years now, but I haven't been fully using it, and I wanted to fully grasp it, and hopefully make my pictures better from it, not to be told to restart everything by attempting it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    Quote Originally Posted by DylanOwnsYou View Post
    Well, I'm not understanding why people think I don't know anything. If you'd all like, I've posted threads before, and I can re-upload all my sigs to this thread. As I've stated before, I was testing concepts I didn't fully know how to use, hence I was asking for cnc so I could learn. Take the sig I have now, very basic, yet you get what it's about, and it gets it's meaning right there, to the point. The focal points are close to being exact, blah blah blah. Back to the topic, I am not new, nor have I been working with ps for a short amount of time. I've been using it for close to 2 years now, but I haven't been fully using it, and I wanted to fully grasp it, and hopefully make my pictures better from it, not to be told to restart everything by attempting it.
    oh bleh, by posting that you didn't use renders, I was assuming that was the next step you wanted

Can I ask what you were attempting here? Are you perhaps trying to create entirely a sig by yourself? :0

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    I have created all my sigs by myself, however, I have used tutorials to learn the functions of tools, such as the pen tool, and others. This was an attempt at trying to get better with blurs, and gradients, because I barely use them, if I use them at all. As said in the first post, I don't use them, and wanted to get better with them, so it was more a tester, and to get opinions on where to improve, but seeing how the quality was lowered, and you can't see the details in it well, I suppose it's hard to actually give a good cnc as soul had pointed out. That being said, you still can see quite a bit in there, and it's not just 1 or two layers, it took more layers than looks, or probably was needed for it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    Oh, well, the music text blur looks awesome enough. but the gradients in the back just don't match with it, and in a way it sort of clashes. But while you're just testing the stuff it's fine. :0 Though because you're testing, there's not much to cnc you with. _

16. The Following User Says Thank You to sllyther1 For This Useful Post:

DylanOwnsYou (09-04-2011)