Thread: Molecular Array

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20
  1. #1
    MC²'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    somewhere between here and there
    Posts
    2,792
    Reputation
    174
    Thanks
    314
    My Mood
    Brooding

    Molecular Array



    its actually animated, but this is just a still frame
    cnc

  2. #2
    Spanky McNaughty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    35
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Most of the stuff you have posted lately are quite hard to criticize. Mainly because I don't think digital 3D modelling is an art form.

    Sure it looks pretty but that's all there is to it; 'pretty'.

  3. #3
    MC²'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    somewhere between here and there
    Posts
    2,792
    Reputation
    174
    Thanks
    314
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky McNaughty View Post
    Most of the stuff you have posted lately are quite hard to criticize. Mainly because I don't think digital 3D modelling is an art form.

    Sure it looks pretty but that's all there is to it; 'pretty'.
    thats where i have to disagree, just because its hard to criticize doesnt mean that its not an art form; theirs have never been any real art form in the first place, everything can be an art form depending on perspective

  4. #4
    Spanky McNaughty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    35
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MC² View Post


    thats where i have to disagree, just because its hard to criticize doesnt mean that its not an art form; theirs have never been any real art form in the first place, everything can be an art form depending on perspective
    I can respect that.
    Good job though, it looks great. I just don't know what it is.

  5. #5
    Keroaplt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,846
    Reputation
    150
    Thanks
    360
    My Mood
    Bored
    I'm really interested in seeing the animation

  6. #6
    MC²'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    somewhere between here and there
    Posts
    2,792
    Reputation
    174
    Thanks
    314
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Quote Originally Posted by Keroaplt View Post
    I'm really interested in seeing the animation
    wanna render it out for me then? lol, my computer is to slow to render it out in high quality

    anyway it kinda moves like the bottom halve of my current tag in a random 3d shape but then it shrinks down various polygonal shapes before it slowly zooms out to a 2d triangle
    Last edited by MC²; 08-26-2012 at 09:46 PM.

  7. #7
    Da Kurlzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    No Other Place Like Los Angeles
    Posts
    4,811
    Reputation
    306
    Thanks
    398
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by MC² View Post


    thats where i have to disagree, just because its hard to criticize doesnt mean that its not an art form; theirs have never been any real art form in the first place, everything can be an art form depending on perspective
    3d stuff caught my eye. Where do I get started?
    I see what you did there.

  8. #8
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,560
    Reputation
    2912
    Thanks
    5,336
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky McNaughty View Post
    Most of the stuff you have posted lately are quite hard to criticize. Mainly because I don't think digital 3D modelling is an art form.

    Sure it looks pretty but that's all there is to it; 'pretty'.
    Wow. That's all I have to say, just wow.

    Quote Originally Posted by MC² View Post


    wanna render it out for me then? lol, my computer is to slow to render it out in high quality

    anyway it kinda moves like the bottom halve of my current tag in a random 3d shape but then it shrinks down various polygonal shapes before it slowly zooms out to a 2d triangle
    I'll render it for you if you like.
    Last edited by Doc; 08-28-2012 at 07:40 AM.

  9. #9
    Spanky McNaughty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    35
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc View Post


    Wow. That's all I have to say, just wow.
    .
    Personal opinion buddy. Don't see you giving any input on this piece of work.

  10. #10
    Doc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    In your meatus
    Posts
    23,560
    Reputation
    2912
    Thanks
    5,336
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky McNaughty View Post
    Personal opinion buddy. Don't see you giving any input on this piece of work.
    An opinion I disagree with. As will most people. Also you didn't give any input either. You just degraded his work completely because it is not "art".

    I'm going to reserve my opinion until it's animated. I don't think a movie can be judged on a single frame nor should this.

  11. #11
    Ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    7,924
    Reputation
    411
    Thanks
    998
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Spanky McNaughty View Post
    Most of the stuff you have posted lately are quite hard to criticize. Mainly because I don't think digital 3D modelling is an art form.

    Sure it looks pretty but that's all there is to it; 'pretty'.
    The amount of ignorance in this post is remarkable.

  12. #12
    [SMA] Paradise`'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    NOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOB
    Posts
    8,932
    Reputation
    1727
    Thanks
    2,978
    My Mood
    Amused
    This could be integrated into a video intro.

    Refund Services Still RESUMED!

  13. #13
    Rhysis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    231
    Reputation
    21
    Thanks
    22
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Agreeing like I usually do with doc; can't just a book by it's cover. Even though this "cover" looks interesting enough, I want to know how it looks like fully rendered out before I perchance in giving misguided criticism.

  14. #14
    MC²'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    somewhere between here and there
    Posts
    2,792
    Reputation
    174
    Thanks
    314
    My Mood
    Brooding


  15. #15
    Broderick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Basement.
    Posts
    100
    Reputation
    42
    Thanks
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by MC² View Post

    Would be amazeballs if you reversed the sequence again so it loops flawlessly and it's constantly unbuilding/rebuilding itself :3
    The fish trap exists because of the fish.
    Once you've gotten the fish you can forget the trap.
    The rabbit snare exists because of the rabbit.
    Once you've gotten the rabbit, you can forget the snare.
    Words exist because of meaning.
    Once you've gotten the meaning, you can forget the words.
    Where can I find a man who has forgotten words so I can talk with him?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Help] Help with arrays
    By kronus980 in forum Java
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-23-2010, 02:43 PM
  2. Questions on arrays
    By origami7795 in forum C++/C Programming
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-11-2010, 07:57 PM
  3. MultiLevel Arrays and Pointers
    By zeco in forum C++/C Programming
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-07-2009, 09:31 PM
  4. Strings and chracter arrays
    By zeco in forum C++/C Programming
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-04-2009, 04:14 PM
  5. [Tutorials]Array of Bytes
    By Str8Soulja00 in forum Visual Basic Programming
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-02-2008, 02:52 AM