If you are on vista and you can't get chams to work, then follow these steps:
1. Make sure you have a clean Combat Arms folder and nothing is edited.
2. Download the CA Public Hack.
3. Right Click the CA hack > Properties > Compatibility > Tick the "run this program in compatibility mode for" > select Windows XP Service Pack 2.
4. Start the hack and make sure to run as admin. Don't press OK yet.
5. Open the CA launcher.
6. Click okay, then game start.
7. An error saying something about Engine.exe and the memory stuff will pop up. Ignore it, and drag it to the bottom
8. Combat arms should now be running and able to connect.
9. Post any problems here.
NOTE: TURN USER ACCOUNT CONTROL OFF.
to turn it off, these are the steps:
Open Control Panel.
Under User Account and Family settings click on the "Add or remove user account".
Click on one of the user accounts, for example you can use the Guest account.
Under the user account click on the "Go to the main User Account page" link.
In the "Turn on User Account Control (UAC) to make your computer more secure" click to unselect the "Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer". Click on the Ok button.
Thank me if I helped you.
Last edited by AgentElmo; 09-01-2008 at 08:29 AM.
Geo, press cancel and try again. If that doesn't work, restart your comp. If all fails, uninstall and reinstall CA. Make sure you followed my directions carefully.
And pinoy my tut was more indepth and yours was vague, no offense.