Yes. I am a choob (by the forum ranking) but I can be helpful. I have seen many people on this forum who download a hack, and it works for XP Users and has worked on some systems.
I myself had the issue of Engine.exe crashing when I ran a hack, but the solution was very simple if I had paid attention to my task bar and the prompt it gave me.
Data Execution Prevention. This program here is the problem, and you will have to disable DEP for Engine.exe to remove many errors and crashes for Vista.
1. Open your Star Bar. Click on Control Panel and Open it
2. Press S and Find your System Icon. Double Click it to open the System Control Folder
3. Click Advanced System Properties. Press Continue if you have UAC Turned on.
4. Under the Advanced Tab, Click Settings for "Performance"
5. Click on the Data Execution Prevention Tab. If the lower option of the two settings is not filled, click it
6. Click the Add Button, go to Nexon/Combat Arms and double click your Engine
7. You should now see Combat Arms listed in the previous window.
Try running your hack that you had problems crashing with, and see the results. If it doesnt work, then that sucks. The problem must not be DEP closing Combat Arms. I havent seen any mention of disabling DEP for Combat Arms in the "How to make hacks work for Vista" tutorials
If this tutorial was actually able to help you in any way, be sure to click that little Thank You button beneath and the R+ in the very bottom, left hand corner to give me +Reputation