Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 37
  1. #1
    Sharpe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Dont worry about it
    Posts
    1,219
    Reputation
    15
    Thanks
    99

    [GUIDE] Sniper Rifles

    This is part 2 of my guide, sniper rifles.

    ENJOY AND DON'T FORGET TO THANK ME PLEASE!

    __________________________________________________ _

    Sharpeís LEGIT Combat Arms Guide
    Chapter 1: GP weapons
    Section 2: Snipers

    ***NOTE TO THE READER:*** This is a guide about the weapons themselves, not how to be pro with a sniper or how to master the sniper. Just about the strengths and weaknesses.

    M90: The only beginner sniper. This gun is a bolt-action 2 hit kill sniper. This sniper is VERY unpopular because it is the worst of 2/3 world. Those worlds are: power, accuracy and ROF. In my opinion, power is the most important factor with accuracy being second and ROF being third. This gun lacks both ROF and power, making it my least favorite. There is a two-hit-kill, bolt action sniper rifle, and then there is a two hit kill, semi-automatic sniper with an integrated silencer that is slightly less accurate. Because of the fact that the M90 is a two hit kill, bolt action rifle, you are bound to be spotted and taken out by the L96A1 before you make the kill. The only real use for this gun is taking out an enemy that is so far out there that you are trying to kill him by his name tag, which is 1 out of every 200 kills. I would rather have the L96A1, which gives me good accuracy for 1/2 kills, than getting that 1 kill out of 200 that you canít get with the L96A1. Not good for any map. Overall: 0.5/5.

    SR25: The best of the three semi-auto snipers in the game. The SR25 has an integrated scope and has pretty much the same accuracy of the MSG-90. Itís ROF is the highest in itís class, and the damage only comes in third (with an un-noticeable difference from the MSG-90). The recoil on all snipers does not matter, unless you are a very bad shot and it takes you 10 shots to kill someone, because after each shot, the crosshair goes back to where it was. Although all of the positives associated with this gun, it is still no match for the L96A1 on most maps. It only comes close if you master it. Good if you master it or in recruit server. Overall: 3.5/5.

    L96A1: The best sniper (in my opinion). This one-hit-kill, bolt action rifle is superb not only for itís power, but also for itís accuracy. Yes, I know that the L96A1 is the most inaccurate sniper in the game, but it still gets most shots on point. Right click, aim, shoot, kill. Itís that simple. No more tracking your targets with a semi-auto sniper while you are waiting for the crosshair to recover, on shot, one kill. Even with a silencer, one shot, one kill. Extended Magazine 2 gives you 7 bullets at your disposal that can be used to get about 6 or 7 kills. The SR-25 only gives you 16 (correct me if I am wrong). With those 16 bullets, you can only get about 3 or 4 kills. This gun is also great because since it is so strong, no need to worry about people spotting you and killing you first. They wonít even know what hit them. Good for all maps. Overall: 4.9/5 (itís not 1 hit kill automatic so I canít give it 5/5).

    MSG-90: Cheap version of the SR25, it has higher power, but that is not noticeable, it has higher accuracy, that is slightly noticeable, but where it looses all ground in the debate is that it does not come with an integrated silencer and the ROF is noticeably slower. Not recommended anywhere. Overall: 1.2/5.

    PSG-1: 2nd worst sniper. This semi-auto sniper only comes with a clip of 5!!! What are you thinking, Nexon! A SIMI-AUTO SNIPER WITH A CLIP OF 5! Youíve got to be kidding me! And the scope is like 1/2 times zoom than that of the other snipers. Only + is that itís mad accurate. If you get it, get an extended magazine and donít play on Snow Valley because of the scope problem. Overall: 1/5.

    Dragunav SVD: Cheap version of the SR25 with no silencer compatibility and a strange scope. Good for Fireteam and thatís it. Overall: 1.1/5.

    /discuss and THANK ME!
    Sexy sig ujelly?

  2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Sharpe For This Useful Post:

    (G)rapefruit (07-10-2009),3004161 (08-09-2009),Blupp (08-10-2009),clashbanger101 (07-05-2009),CrazyBish (07-28-2009),dennistagaloa (08-25-2011),Dome_Player (07-15-2009),Hardcore0wn (08-11-2009),jeff259 (01-19-2011),rikodou- (07-10-2009),[P]ro-Fanity (07-02-2009)

  3. #16
    (G)rapefruit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Not here
    Posts
    1,594
    Reputation
    9
    Thanks
    211
    My Mood
    Amused
    thanks nice guide

  4. #17
    ArchPure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Verona, Italy ..o.O
    Posts
    546
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    62
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    PSG-1 isnt 1 shot kill. Neither is Draganuv. The person was dammaged.

    And then you are good with Draganuv.

    Just because you are good with a gun dosn't mean that it is the best gun on earth.

    Stats of kills by each gun of top 100 players begs to differ with you.

    WTF THIS THREAD IS DYING WITH ONLY 1 POST!!!
    lol i wonder about that. i have mei as a merc, even with 100hp and ap, i get killed in 1 shot with all versions of the D'nuv. that happens to me like 4/10 deaths against a d'nuv user. 40% chance of 1 shot...

  5. #18
    rikodou-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    65
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    5
    My Mood
    Amused
    haha. i love the l96A1. if it could kill 1 shot every time(even hitting the leg) then every1 whos smart would use it. the black magnum L96A1 is amazing too. it is the powerfuless gun in the game. but still if u hit below the knee, they dont die :/

  6. #19
    whobansme??'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Gender
    female
    Location
    a
    Posts
    513
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    35
    My Mood
    Bitchy
    dragonNUB is the worst gun, it crap, wierd scope and loads of other stuff, sr 25 and l96 is good, and also what the hell is the M90?

  7. #20
    SnowyComet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    17
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    0
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Dragonuv is fkn not a one hit k.o gun, that other guy was right that when you do 1 hit ko someone with the dragonuv it is only because they were already hurt.

  8. #21
    Ghty82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Combat Arms Section, Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    1,451
    Reputation
    11
    Thanks
    128
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Pretty nice guide just fix some grammar and spelling here and there and it should be fine...



    "I dream of a world where people are not judged by their post count but by their content of character." Me
    "Ask not what MPGH can do for you, But what you can do for your MPGH!"

  9. #22
    A⁴'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    I want my minion back /fosho.
    Posts
    4,001
    Reputation
    67
    Thanks
    437
    My Mood
    Flirty
    Meh,no offense,but I like mine more cause mine has pictures.

  10. #23
    Sharpe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Dont worry about it
    Posts
    1,219
    Reputation
    15
    Thanks
    99
    Draganuv isnt 1 hit kill I do not care what you guys say because you are wrong Nexon would never make a scimi-auto, 1 hit kill sniper.

    L96 is good at snow valley and all other maps I do not know why you think that it is inacurate because if you have the crosshair on their body it will hit.

    Now stop flaming me because of my outlooks on a gun, if you think that I am wrong keep your thoghts to yourself because I am tired of people flaming me just because they are good with a certian gun.
    Sexy sig ujelly?

  11. #24
    Dome_Player's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    12
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    1
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    /discuss and THANK ME!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpe View Post
    Now stop flaming me because of my outlooks on a gun, if you think that I am wrong keep your thoghts to yourself because I am tired of people flaming me just because they are good with a certian gun.
    they are just discussing what guns work best for them, like when u made this thread to explain what were the diff types of strengths and weaknesses snipers had.. to tell u the truth i think u over Glorified both the SR25 & the L96A1.. don't get me wrong those are 2 really good rifles but it depends highly on ur ability to aim and anticipate a killing shot/s. (u should of been more thorough with the other snipers.)

    i do thank you for your post as it was helpful in many ways..
    & as it goes for my fav sniper i dnt have 1 mainly because i kill with any gun in my hands!

  12. #25
    mxshwarz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    sadas
    Posts
    202
    Reputation
    12
    Thanks
    5
    if u have a mei she wheres a light vest so you would be killed very easy

  13. #26
    ArchPure's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Verona, Italy ..o.O
    Posts
    546
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    62
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by mxshwarz View Post
    if u have a mei she wheres a light vest so you would be killed very easy
    lol,then i wonder why i can get scores like 50+kills and 10-15 deaths with mei, smiley mask, m416,and artic, and beanie. how you explain that? and no i dont play with nubs

  14. #27
    Mouzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Saegertown
    Posts
    9,151
    Reputation
    520
    Thanks
    2,036
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchPure View Post
    lol,then i wonder why i can get scores like 50+kills and 10-15 deaths with mei, smiley mask, m416,and artic, and beanie. how you explain that? and no i dont play with nubs
    You're are a LIER :O

  15. #28
    CrazyBish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    141
    Reputation
    9
    Thanks
    14
    I do strongly disagree with the Dragonuv SVD, it takes usually one hit to kill them (unless they had just respawned.) Has a nice ROF for a sniper, and has an AMAZING scope, best out of the SR's. The L96A1 Variants still are the best no matter what.

  16. #29
    poisonpower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    101
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    14
    My Mood
    Cynical
    man i really love msg-90 rather then sr! i find sr unplayable! unaccurate like the l96 and shitty scope ( that orange get me confusing) like the druganov! i rather use a msg-90 if i want a fun play, it is almost accurate like a 100% shot but semi-auto so it's basically superior to m24 cuz of it ( yeah m24 shot 1 hit 100% accurate but msg in the mean while shot 4 shots 99% accurate so....) and the ROF is high enough if u AIM before u shot... i never had the problem of ROF with msg-90 the time i click the second time the ROF permit me a second shot.... well l96 is too much a noob gun, i mean it is the "M32" of snipers.... spamming shotting with a l96 will lead in a kill for sure.... i hate that rifle even if i use it when i don't want fun, but just kill

    i see it that's way...

  17. #30
    xiiav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Lazy Anal Rats
    Posts
    449
    Reputation
    -7
    Thanks
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyBish View Post
    I do strongly disagree with the Dragonuv SVD, it takes usually one hit to kill them (unless they had just respawned.) Has a nice ROF for a sniper, and has an AMAZING scope, best out of the SR's. The L96A1 Variants still are the best no matter what.
    Quote Originally Posted by poisonpower View Post
    man i really love msg-90 rather then sr! i find sr unplayable! unaccurate like the l96 and shitty scope ( that orange get me confusing) like the druganov! i rather use a msg-90 if i want a fun play, it is almost accurate like a 100% shot but semi-auto so it's basically superior to m24 cuz of it ( yeah m24 shot 1 hit 100% accurate but msg in the mean while shot 4 shots 99% accurate so....) and the ROF is high enough if u AIM before u shot... i never had the problem of ROF with msg-90 the time i click the second time the ROF permit me a second shot.... well l96 is too much a noob gun, i mean it is the "M32" of snipers.... spamming shotting with a l96 will lead in a kill for sure.... i hate that rifle even if i use it when i don't want fun, but just kill

    i see it that's way...
    Grats, you both found out how to bump.......you should both get banned.
    smoke bongs cause its my dayjob

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Guide: Sniper Rifles
    By ponkox in forum Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Tutorials
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-08-2010, 01:40 AM
  2. Mouze's Sniper Rifle Guide
    By Mouzie in forum Combat Arms Discussions
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-10-2010, 01:36 AM
  3. The REAL sniper rifle guide.
    By Mouzie in forum Combat Arms Hacks & Cheats
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-19-2009, 11:51 PM
  4. AWM (AI_AW Sniper Rifle) retail code for sale on EBay.
    By bambell in forum Trade Accounts/Keys/Items
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-21-2007, 03:06 AM
  5. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-20-2007, 09:00 PM

Tags for this Thread