My Guide to less lagg in your game:
Here are some ways:
1.Set all CA settings to low set to 16 bit color and 800x600 resolution.
2. Make sure your computer is clear of junk files.
examples: clear internet browsing history, run disk cleanup every once in a while. Defragment often! If you dont want to do that a better way is to get a program called Tuneup Utilities.It's a great program for perfect maintenance and it makes your computer run like new every day! visit TuneUp America - TuneUp Utilities 2009
for more info...
3. close all programs running in background including anti virus, firewall, antispyware, windows defender(doesn't work anyway lol),windows firewall(also pretty bad program) and anything else.
4. turn off all of your effects especially in vista.
5. Get Gamebooster! it closes all unnecessary processes that you dont need for your game! visit Game Booster | Faster Play, Free Download | Free Game Accelerator Download to get it...
6. If your lagg is so terrible and you dont care how the game looks you can go to your ca folder and remove the textures.rez this will remove the texutures from the map and should give better performance.
7.Upgrade hardware duh. or better yet get a current computer around $600-$700. you wont have lagg. well unless your internet connection is really bad.
Thats it. im pretty sure thats all the thing you can do! thank me if helped!