Here are some ways:
1.Set all CA settings to low set to 16 bit color and 800x600 resolution.
2. Make sure your computer is clear of junk files.
examples: clear internet browsing history, run disk cleanup every once in a while. Defragment often! If you dont want to do that a better way is to get a program called Tuneup Utilities.It's a great program for perfect maintenance and it makes your computer run like new every day! visit TuneUp America - TuneUp Utilities 2009
for more info...
3. close all programs running in background including anti virus, firewall, antispyware, windows defender(doesn't work anyway lol),windows firewall(also pretty bad program) and anything else.
4. turn off all of your effects especially in vista.
5. Get Gamebooster! it closes all unnecessary processes that you dont need for your game! visit Game Booster | Faster Play, Free Download | Free Game Accelerator Download to get it...
6. If your lagg is so terrible and you dont care how the game looks you can go to your ca folder and remove the textures.rez this will remove the texutures from the map and should give better performance.
7.Upgrade hardware duh. or better yet get a current computer around $600-$700. you wont have lagg. well unless your internet connection is really bad.
Thats it. im pretty sure thats all the thing you can do! thank me if helped!
To stop my lag I just created a simple .bat(later I turned it into a .exe) it has these commands in CMD:
del "C:\Program Files\Xfire\screenshots\*.png"
del "C:\Program Files\Xfire\videos\*.avi"
del "C:\Program Files\Xfire\videos\*.png"
del "C:\Nexon\Combat Arms\*.jpg"
del "C:\Nexon\Combat Arms\CAV.exe"
del "C:\Nexon\Combat Arms\EndingBanner.exe"
del "C:\Nexon\Combat Arms\rwdata2.bin"
del "C:\Nexon\Combat Arms\*.dmp"
del "C:\Nexon\Combat Arms\*.txt"
del "C:\Nexon\Combat Arms\HShield\ahnrpt.exe"
del "C:\Nexon\Combat Arms\HShield\ahnrpt.ini"
del "C:\Nexon\Combat Arms\HShield\hslogmgr.exe"
del "C:\Nexon\Combat Arms\HShield\v3warpds.v3d"
del "C:\Nexon\Combat Arms\HShield\v3warpns.v3d"
%SystemRoot%\explorer.exe "C:\Program Files\Xfire\screenshots"
%SystemRoot%\explorer.exe "C:\Program Files\Xfire\videos"
%SystemRoot%\explorer.exe "C:\Nexon\Combat Arms"
Ignore the Xfire crap, that's only useful for me(maybe for some of you) because it deletes the pictures and videos I take by mistake. Everything else helps stop lag besides the 2 lines at the top(which are just an IP Changer, or renewer which doesn't work for static IP's), and the 3 lines at the bottom(just open the file directory to check if they were deleted, or not). Also setting Engine.exe to Highest priority(not real-time) help out if you have yet not noticed.
EDIT: O and yea TuneUp Utilities 2009 is great I've been using it since 2008 and it really helps out.
Originally Posted by oanator
hey does this give a viris? if so i will tell an admin and u will be band