XpliCitt's mini-guide for your computers safety [v2]
Ok, it's sad that I even need to post this. But hey, some of you need help. So lets jump right into it.
Questions to ask yourself:
- We have an approval policy, should I click this link that avoids it?
- This guy has one post, should I really trust him?
- Everyone says it's a virus, should I see for myself?
- We at MPGH, have an APPROVAL policy for a reason. You wait for it to be approved. It they post a direct download link. DONT DOWNLOAD IT. It's simple.
Tbh, if you click a direct link that hasn't been approved. You deserved to be keylogged.
- Read the responses. If people are saying it's a virus, LISTEN to them.
- Read the responses(2). If a bunch of low post counted people are replying saying it works, its OBVIOUSLY a trap to get you to believe the original poster. Don't fall for it.
- If you wannabe the Hack daredevil. At least be smart about it. Run the program in a virtual sandbox environment without writing to the hard drive
- HOW?! (you may be asking yourself)
With this: Sandboxie - Sandbox software for application isolation and secure Web browsing[/url]
You're not the only one that uses your computer (presumably). Don't put your family/friend members at risk to some low-life scum that spends all day in his mother's basement eating cheez-itz keylogging people. Getting a virus isn't fun. Take it from me.
"I guarantee you won't be owning anyone when your family is living on the streets due to someone keylogging your mom's bank account."