Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 86
  1. #46
    Noovaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,611
    Reputation
    51
    Thanks
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by Fogest View Post



    After you got shot in the leg it's like WTF?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!? where did my lag go.
    The only moving you'll be doing after getting shot in the leg with a sniper is trying to breathe because your lungs collapsed due to the force the bullet hit you.

    That, and slight groaning, possibly even some slight movement in the hands trying to feel where his leg once was.

    Other then that, not much you can do.
    Last edited by Noovaa; 09-15-2011 at 07:46 PM.

  2. #47
    Sly Tendencies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    245
    Reputation
    -1
    Thanks
    19
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by Noovaa View Post
    Have you ever been shot in the leg with a high powered sniper rifle....
    Have you?

    And it's a video game. I have yet to see a game have people limping from wounds.

  3. #48
    Fogest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Canada, Ontario
    Posts
    3,094
    Reputation
    164
    Thanks
    8,228
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly Tendencies View Post


    Have you?

    And it's a video game. I have yet to see a game have people limping from wounds.
    That would be awesome being able to see enemies limping around from being shot and moving slower because of it,

  4. #49
    Sly Tendencies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    245
    Reputation
    -1
    Thanks
    19
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by Fogest View Post



    That would be awesome being able to see enemies limping around from being shot and moving slower because of it,
    Inb4BF4 .

  5. #50
    Noovaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,611
    Reputation
    51
    Thanks
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly Tendencies View Post


    Have you?

    And it's a video game. I have yet to see a game have people limping from wounds.
    There are plenty of games that have you limping or crawling due to injuries.

    Yes it is a video game, but the games objective is to imitate reality. And for snipers it fails miserably.

  6. #51
    Sly Tendencies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    245
    Reputation
    -1
    Thanks
    19
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by Noovaa View Post
    There are plenty of games that have you limping or crawling due to injuries.

    Yes it is a video game, but the games objective is to imitate reality. And for snipers it fails miserably.
    Name the game

    The game's objective isn't to be as realistic as possible . It'd use Kinect if they did want it to.

  7. #52
    Noovaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,611
    Reputation
    51
    Thanks
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly Tendencies View Post


    Name the game

    The game's objective isn't to be as realistic as possible . It'd use Kinect if they did want it to.
    GTA4 has people limping when hurt off the top of my head.

    And lmfao, xbox 360 is shit, so is every other console. BF was made for the PC, you console gamers just get a half assed version of what the PC gets so your not left out.

    Battlefield is made to endues teamwork and give it a sense of reality. They should make the snipers more realistic.

  8. #53
    Sly Tendencies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    245
    Reputation
    -1
    Thanks
    19
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by Noovaa View Post
    GTA4 has people limping when hurt off the top of my head.

    And lmfao, xbox 360 is shit, so is every other console. BF was made for the PC, you console gamers just get a half assed version of what the PC gets so your not left out.

    Battlefield is made to endues teamwork and give it a sense of reality. They should make the snipers more realistic.
    GTA4 only had people bending over. We're talking limping. I had GTA4 so I'd know.

    I hate people like you . Consoles were made to be inexpensive gaming computers, basically. Nobody wants to spend a shitload of money on a constantly upgrading system unless they have money.

    They made it for consoles because the majority of the world's gamers play on consoles. Derp.

    The only games that are half-assed are mobile games. Consoles get the same exact thing with less features/lower graphics.

    Fuck those PC fanatics that hate on anything that isn't PC. So close minded. It's annoying as fuck when people like you rip on something we like. Sorry I can't afford a $1000 gaming rig to play BF3. You're just an hyped up PC faggot that thinks he's superior to everyone else.

    BF is fine as it fucking is. Don't get why you think what you say now is gonna make a difference.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sly Tendencies For This Useful Post:

    Fogest (09-15-2011)

  10. #54
    Tick Me On's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
    Posts
    295
    Reputation
    9
    Thanks
    32
    Sniper rifles are underpowered in BF because if they weren't there would be even more shitty recon faggots doing even less for the team than they already do, which is honestly pretty hard to fathom. They already are about as useful as a blown up tank, except not even, because at least those can be used as cover. /raaagggeeee

    Sniping in BF is a skill, you want it to be easy and 1 shot to every body part? Too bad dude. No one would ever use anything but a sniper. It would be games of 32-32(or 12-12 for the console players) Recon Bush Wookies sniping back and forth slowly bringing down tickets until one team loses 6 hours later.

    You will always get a kill in BF with a bolt rifle if you just hit them in the head. Target leading and bullet drop are already more "realistic" than almost every game ever made, barring a few.

    I also can't believe you consider hardcore sniping in CoD to be the most realistic. It uses hit-scans, and therefore you can't even lead your target. Hardcore in BC2 is probably the most realistic, just for the fact it has Leading, Drop, and is always a one shot with the bolts.
    Last edited by Tick Me On; 09-15-2011 at 09:55 PM.

  11. #55
    Fogest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Canada, Ontario
    Posts
    3,094
    Reputation
    164
    Thanks
    8,228
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly Tendencies View Post
    GTA4 only had people bending over. We're talking limping. I had GTA4 so I'd know.

    I hate people like you . Consoles were made to be inexpensive gaming computers, basically. Nobody wants to spend a shitload of money on a constantly upgrading system unless they have money.

    They made it for consoles because the majority of the world's gamers play on consoles. Derp.

    The only games that are half-assed are mobile games. Consoles get the same exact thing with less features/lower graphics.

    Fuck those PC fanatics that hate on anything that isn't PC. So close minded. It's annoying as fuck when people like you rip on something we like. Sorry I can't afford a $1000 gaming rig to play BF3. You're just an hyped up PC faggot that thinks he's superior to everyone else.

    BF is fine as it fucking is. Don't get why you think what you say now is gonna make a difference.
    I don't have a paying job yet. And my parents are not going to buy me a beast pc rig they want me to do good in school.

    So instead there is a console. Way cheaper. So there are tons of people like me who wish they at the moment could have a good gaming pc but they can't

    Therefore what sly says is very good reason why consoles can be better.

  12. #56
    Tick Me On's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
    Posts
    295
    Reputation
    9
    Thanks
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by Fogest View Post



    I don't have a paying job yet. And my parents are not going to buy me a beast pc rig they want me to do good in school.

    So instead there is a console. Way cheaper. So there are tons of people like me who wish they at the moment could have a good gaming pc but they can't

    Therefore what sly says is very good reason why consoles can be better.
    Better is a bad choice of words. They will never be better.

    They are, however, far more realistic like you said. Not everyone can afford to lay down the cash needed for PC gaming.

    Edit: Also, for anyone in the midwest, (I don't really know about other states and whether or not they produce seed corn) next year look into detassling. It's horrible work, but it will get you the money you need to buy a PC in about a month. That's what I did this summer, and that's how I got my PC.
    Last edited by Tick Me On; 09-15-2011 at 11:45 PM.

  13. #57
    Noovaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,611
    Reputation
    51
    Thanks
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by Tick Me On View Post
    Sniper rifles are underpowered in BF because if they weren't there would be even more shitty recon faggots doing even less for the team than they already do, which is honestly pretty hard to fathom
    You need to learn what a sniper does. Snipers are trained in camouflage, infiltration, reconnaissance, observation, and assassination. All of which can be done better with a single person, which btw snipers do. That is there job, sometimes they might be allowed a partner but not often, usually they are completely and utterly alone.

    That's why BF should make snipers 1 hit kills, and more realistic because in real life they are alone, and BF tries to copy real life, which is why they should update the snipers to what they should be. Lone warriors.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tick Me On View Post
    Sniping in BF is a skill, you want it to be easy and 1 shot to every body part? Too bad dude. No one would ever use anything but a sniper. It would be games of 32-32(or 12-12 for the console players) Recon Bush Wookies sniping back and forth slowly bringing down tickets until one team loses 6 hours later.
    Which is why in real life it takes skill to use a sniper, not everybody can do it. It requires extreme patience. Sniping in BF is a handicap, not a skill. It's annoying playing with a handicap against players using assault rifles. As a sniper in bf2 I ended up using my pistol more then my sniper. So yes, I want BF to be one shot kill with a sniper, exactly like it is in real life. They can tweak it however they want, make the accuracy lower, fire rates slower, make the actual movement of the player slower when wielding the sniper. Whatever they want as long as the actual sniper is actually useful.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tick Me On View Post
    You will always get a kill in BF with a bolt rifle if you just hit them in the head. Target leading and bullet drop are already more "realistic" than almost every game ever made, barring a few.
    Totally wrong, I've watched my friends aim down directly on enemy player heads that are standing still, 6 times out of 10 the shot will either miss or hit the body, in which you have to unscope and rebolt then scope again and by that time they're already shooting at you or gone. Sniping in BF is just fucking stupid because in real life, if a target was standing still, from even farther then you shot in the game, the real sniper would miss maybe 1 out of 10.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tick Me On View Post
    I also can't believe you consider hardcore sniping in CoD to be the most realistic. It uses hit-scans, and therefore you can't even lead your target. Hardcore in BC2 is probably the most realistic, just for the fact it has Leading, Drop, and is always a one shot with the bolts.
    I said MW2 was the most realistic sniping I've played, not that existed. I've never got the opportunity to play Bfbc2 on multiplayer, and now that I have the chance theres no point with BF3 coming in october.


    Quote Originally Posted by Sly Tendencies View Post
    Consoles get the same exact thing with less features/lower graphics.
    Definition of half assed you fucking monkey.

  14. #58
    J Miliam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    8,287
    Reputation
    392
    Thanks
    432
    My Mood
    Tired
    Note his ignorance of my response .

  15. #59
    Tick Me On's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
    Posts
    295
    Reputation
    9
    Thanks
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by Noovaa View Post
    You need to learn what a sniper does. Snipers are trained in camouflage, infiltration, reconnaissance, observation, and assassination. All of which can be done better with a single person, which btw snipers do. That is there job, sometimes they might be allowed a partner but not often, usually they are completely and utterly alone.
    That's why BF should make snipers 1 hit kills, and more realistic because in real life they are alone, and BF tries to copy real life, which is why they should update the snipers to what they should be. Lone warriors.
    Which is why in real life it takes skill to use a sniper, not everybody can do it. It requires extreme patience. Sniping in BF is a handicap, not a skill. It's annoying playing with a handicap against players using assault rifles. As a sniper in bf2 I ended up using my pistol more then my sniper. So yes, I want BF to be one shot kill with a sniper, exactly like it is in real life. They can tweak it however they want, make the accuracy lower, fire rates slower, make the actual movement of the player slower when wielding the sniper. Whatever they want as long as the actual sniper is actually useful.
    Totally wrong, I've watched my friends aim down directly on enemy player heads that are standing still, 6 times out of 10 the shot will either miss or hit the body, in which you have to unscope and rebolt then scope again and by that time they're already shooting at you or gone. Sniping in BF is just fucking stupid because in real life, if a target was standing still, from even farther then you shot in the game, the real sniper would miss maybe 1 out of 10.
    I said MW2 was the most realistic sniping I've played, not that existed. I've never got the opportunity to play Bfbc2 on multiplayer, and now that I have the chance theres no point with BF3 coming in october.
    Definition of half assed you fucking monkey.
    You admit you've never even played BC2. You have no say in the matter. You don't even know what it's like.

    I'll put it this way. Sniping is not sniping in BC2, it is recon. Shitty bush-wookies turn it into sniping and do 0 for their team. Sniping is not underpowered at all and there is nothing for you to complain about.

    No one comes at you with an assault rifle if you're good because the best maps to use the recon class are at least 50X bigger than every Call of Duty map.

    Now please stop arguing, you don't even know what it's like, as you've said.

    Quote Originally Posted by Noovaa View Post
    Totally wrong, I've watched my friends aim down directly on enemy player heads that are standing still, 6 times out of 10 the shot will either miss or hit the body, in which you have to unscope and rebolt then scope again and by that time they're already shooting at you or gone. Sniping in BF is just fucking stupid because in real life, if a target was standing still, from even farther then you shot in the game, the real sniper would miss maybe 1 out of 10.
    Your friends suck and don't really know the game mechanics.You didn't really comprehend what I was talking about when I said "leading" and "drop"

    IT'S NOT COD. The bullets are real objects that are affected by gravity and time. If you want to hit someone in the head you can't just put the crosshairs on their head or else it will hit them in the foot. Tell your friends to aim higher and retry, because then they will get the kill + a nice little marksman headshot points bonus for their score.

    Tell them to try that, and then watch what happens. They will get a kill. That's why sniping is not underpowered. If you hit them in the head, then it's a kill. It's really not that hard. It's VERY easy to hit someone from across the map though, so it should NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER be a one shot kill.
    Last edited by Tick Me On; 09-16-2011 at 03:48 PM.

  16. #60
    J Miliam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    8,287
    Reputation
    392
    Thanks
    432
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by Tick Me On View Post
    You admit you've never even played BC2. You have no say in the matter. You don't even know what it's like.

    I'll put it this way. Sniping is not sniping in BC2, it is recon. Shitty bush-wookies turn it into sniping and do 0 for their team. Sniping is not underpowered at all and there is nothing for you to complain about.

    No one comes at you with an assault rifle if you're good because the best maps to use the recon class are at least 50X bigger than every Call of Duty map.

    Now please stop arguing, you don't even know what it's like, as you've said.



    Your friends suck and don't really know the game mechanics.You didn't really comprehend what I was talking about when I said "leading" and "drop"

    IT'S NOT COD. The bullets are real objects that are affected by gravity and time. If you want to hit someone in the head you can't just put the crosshairs on their head or else it will hit them in the foot. Tell your friends to aim higher and retry, because then they will get the kill + a nice little marksman headshot points bonus for their score.

    Tell them to try that, and then watch what happens. They will get a kill. That's why sniping is not underpowered. If you hit them in the head, then it's a kill. It's really not that hard. It's VERY easy to hit someone from across the map though, so it should NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER be a one shot kill.
    Thanks for reading and responding. It was too long for me

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast