Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 86
  1. #61
    Noovaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,611
    Reputation
    51
    Thanks
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by Tick Me On View Post
    You admit you've never even played BC2. You have no say in the matter. You don't even know what it's like.

    I'll put it this way. Sniping is not sniping in BC2, it is recon. Shitty bush-wookies turn it into sniping and do 0 for their team. Sniping is not underpowered at all and there is nothing for you to complain about.

    No one comes at you with an assault rifle if you're good because the best maps to use the recon class are at least 50X bigger than every Call of Duty map.

    Now please stop arguing, you don't even know what it's like, as you've said.



    Your friends suck and don't really know the game mechanics.You didn't really comprehend what I was talking about when I said "leading" and "drop"

    IT'S NOT COD. The bullets are real objects that are affected by gravity and time. If you want to hit someone in the head you can't just put the crosshairs on their head or else it will hit them in the foot. Tell your friends to aim higher and retry, because then they will get the kill + a nice little marksman headshot points bonus for their score.

    Tell them to try that, and then watch what happens. They will get a kill. That's why sniping is not underpowered. If you hit them in the head, then it's a kill. It's really not that hard. It's VERY easy to hit someone from across the map though, so it should NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER be a one shot kill.
    Wrong, wrong, wrong.

    You need to read my friend. Everything I've argued about was for BF2, not BFBC2, which by the way is still shit since sniping takes 2-3 hits per kill, again, unrealistic.

    You need to teach your mind to be more open. After reading I realized I can't argue with you. I had hoped you weren't a fan boy, but I was wrong and my hope in vain. Its like arguing god isn't real with a priest.

    All your doing is using facts, which clearly show the sniping is unrealistic, and using them to support your conclusions, which are wrong. Battlefield is about imitating reality, which the creators have said time and time again. If they didn't do that it would just be COD with tanks and bigger maps. They need to fix sniping to make it more realistic, put a different handicap on them, instead of using plastic bullets and toy snipers.

  2. #62
    Tick Me On's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Posts
    295
    Reputation
    9
    Thanks
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by Noovaa View Post
    Wrong, wrong, wrong.

    You need to read my friend. Everything I've argued about was for BF2, not BFBC2, which by the way is still shit since sniping takes 2-3 hits per kill, again, unrealistic.

    You need to teach your mind to be more open. After reading I realized I can't argue with you. I had hoped you weren't a fan boy, but I was wrong and my hope in vain. Its like arguing god isn't real with a priest.

    All your doing is using facts, which clearly show the sniping is unrealistic, and using them to support your conclusions, which are wrong. Battlefield is about imitating reality, which the creators have said time and time again. If they didn't do that it would just be COD with tanks and bigger maps. They need to fix sniping to make it more realistic, put a different handicap on them, instead of using plastic bullets and toy snipers.
    Battlefield is about imitating reality up to the point it stays balanced. BF2 is 6 years old, I don't even understand why would bring that game up.

    Abrahms tanks don't actually blow up in real life, there's also 0% chance an RPG would get through its' depleted uranium shell, but it does for the sake of game balance.

    War in real life isn't balanced. Video games HAVE to be or else it wouldn't be fun.

    All I'm saying is if you want 100% REAL LIFE SNIPING this game is not for you, and you should not buy it. Go play Ghost Sniper or ARMA 2.

  3. #63
    Noovaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,611
    Reputation
    51
    Thanks
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by Tick Me On View Post
    Battlefield is about imitating reality up to the point it stays balanced. BF2 is 6 years old, I don't even understand why would bring that game up.

    Abrahms tanks don't actually blow up in real life, there's also 0% chance an RPG would get through its' depleted uranium shell, but it does for the sake of game balance.

    War in real life isn't balanced. Video games HAVE to be or else it wouldn't be fun.

    All I'm saying is if you want 100% REAL LIFE SNIPING this game is not for you, and you should not buy it. Go play Ghost Sniper or ARMA 2.
    I do, and I'm very good at both.

    But I want BF3 to make snipers 1 hit kills, but make something else they do harder. Like to scope it takes a full 1.5-2 seconds just to get in scope, make them slower when running with the sniper, make them more noticeable when their ghillie's don't match the terrain.

    Anything they can think of to make it harder on the snipers, because I understand what your saying. There does need to be a balance. But this in itself is just to unrealistic.

  4. #64
    Tick Me On's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Posts
    295
    Reputation
    9
    Thanks
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by Noovaa View Post
    I do, and I'm very good at both.

    But I want BF3 to make snipers 1 hit kills, but make something else they do harder. Like to scope it takes a full 1.5-2 seconds just to get in scope, make them slower when running with the sniper, make them more noticeable when their ghillie's don't match the terrain.

    Anything they can think of to make it harder on the snipers, because I understand what your saying. There does need to be a balance. But this in itself is just to unrealistic.
    To each their own I guess.

    I think they're perfect. Terrible players don't get free kills for shooting someone in the leg, and great players can do still great by leading the target and accounting for drop. The headshots are very generous if you manage to even get relatively close on a moving target.

  5. #65
    Noovaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,611
    Reputation
    51
    Thanks
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by Tick Me On View Post
    To each their own I guess.

    I think they're perfect. Terrible players don't get free kills for shooting someone in the leg, and great players can do still great by leading the target and accounting for drop. The headshots are very generous if you manage to even get relatively close on a moving target.
    I heard a lot of people complaining about BFBC2 that if you shoot them in the head with a sniper it hits the chest and if you shoot the chest it headshots.

  6. #66
    Tick Me On's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Posts
    295
    Reputation
    9
    Thanks
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by Noovaa View Post
    I heard a lot of people complaining about BFBC2 that if you shoot them in the head with a sniper it hits the chest and if you shoot the chest it headshots.
    It just depends on the distance like I said.

    Complaints are in the eye of the beholder.

    If you shoot someone with the crosshairs on their head from across the map, gravity will pull the bullet down and will obviously not hit him in the head.

    Chest headshots are an exaggeration and are most likely caused by the players connection. Now if the player is running diagonal and you aim for the chest, there is a chance that with the right timing the bullet will indeed hit them in the head.

  7. #67
    J Miliam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    8,287
    Reputation
    392
    Thanks
    432
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by Noovaa View Post
    Wrong, wrong, wrong.

    You need to read my friend. Everything I've argued about was for BF2, not BFBC2, which by the way is still shit since sniping takes 2-3 hits per kill, again, unrealistic.

    You need to teach your mind to be more open. After reading I realized I can't argue with you. I had hoped you weren't a fan boy, but I was wrong and my hope in vain. Its like arguing god isn't real with a priest.

    All your doing is using facts, which clearly show the sniping is unrealistic, and using them to support your conclusions, which are wrong. Battlefield is about imitating reality, which the creators have said time and time again. If they didn't do that it would just be COD with tanks and bigger maps. They need to fix sniping to make it more realistic, put a different handicap on them, instead of using plastic bullets and toy snipers.
    He's not a fanboy. Derp. He came from CoD.

    And BF2 is ancient, not relevant worthy. BF3's gonna be more like BFBC2 than BF2, so you can't judge when you haven't played BFBC2.

    Not EVERYTHING about a game should be realistic. As I've said before, the game's focus isn't on realism. It's on quality. It'd be annoying as fuck to get killed in one shot OVER and OVER and OVER.

    Fuck you're dumb.

  8. #68
    Noovaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,611
    Reputation
    51
    Thanks
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by J Miliam View Post


    He's not a fanboy. Derp. He came from CoD.

    And BF2 is ancient, not relevant worthy. BF3's gonna be more like BFBC2 than BF2, so you can't judge when you haven't played BFBC2.

    Not EVERYTHING about a game should be realistic. As I've said before, the game's focus isn't on realism. It's on quality. It'd be annoying as fuck to get killed in one shot OVER and OVER and OVER.

    Fuck you're dumb.



    No, your right not everything about a game should be realistic. But when it comes to a game that tries to IMITATE reality, its probably a good idea to make it as real as possible, and the snipers are not.

    You need to start viewing other peoples opinions and not get angry when someone has a different opinion then you. Even worse you act out like a tiny child.

    Fuck you're an asshole.

  9. #69
    Fogest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Canada, Ontario
    Posts
    3,094
    Reputation
    164
    Thanks
    8,207
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Could we stop with the rude comments on each post please. I don't care if you guys have a angry conversation about things in the game just don't start name calling.

  10. #70
    J Miliam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    8,287
    Reputation
    392
    Thanks
    432
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by Noovaa View Post
    No, your right not everything about a game should be realistic. But when it comes to a game that tries to IMITATE reality, its probably a good idea to make it as real as possible, and the snipers are not.

    You need to start viewing other peoples opinions and not get angry when someone has a different opinion then you. Even worse you act out like a tiny child.

    Fuck you're an asshole.
    Who said I was angry?

    Video games are video games. They make the stuff that SHOULD be realistic realistic, sniping isn't one of those things (in some aspects). If it were COMPLETELY realistic, sniping would be borderline impossible.

    I do view other people's opinions, but when they don't make much sense or are just completely outlandish, I call them out. Hating on a game's mechanics and saying they need to improve this and improve that when most players already think they're good as is is just useless, and yet you call me childish?

    Not even gonna respond with an insult because I'm bigger than that, and @Fogest will probably delete my post if I do call you a faggot.

  11. #71
    Noovaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,611
    Reputation
    51
    Thanks
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by J Miliam View Post


    Who said I was angry?

    Video games are video games. They make the stuff that SHOULD be realistic realistic, sniping isn't one of those things (in some aspects). If it were COMPLETELY realistic, sniping would be borderline impossible.

    I do view other people's opinions, but when they don't make much sense or are just completely outlandish, I call them out. Hating on a game's mechanics and saying they need to improve this and improve that when most players already think they're good as is is just useless, and yet you call me childish?

    Not even gonna respond with an insult because I'm bigger than that, and @Fogest will probably delete my post if I do call you a faggot.
    Exactly, I could call you a dickface and a twat but I'm going to take the higher road see?

    I'm not hating on anything? I bought Bfbc2 today for $20 and the sniping is rather fun, to many people play as one though. I was even called a "noob" quite a bit for playing as a sniper even thought I was effectively killing the enemy.

    Most of the time had more kills and less deaths then the one who was calling me "noob" or "coward". I was never hating in the first place, I was just stating I would like it if they had made BF3 with the ability for snipers to be 1 hit shots to the body. I think that's more enjoyable because I love the force behind a sniper when you fire it, the sound is terrifying for a reason. That sound is suppose to mean somebody just died.

    That sound isn't so terrifying in BF2 and BFbc2 because the shots, unless the target had low health or it was a head shot, did not kill the target on impact.

    Which makes the loud noise from something that's terrifying to something that's rather annoying.

  12. #72
    Tick Me On's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Posts
    295
    Reputation
    9
    Thanks
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by Noovaa View Post
    I'm not hating on anything? I bought Bfbc2 today for $20 and the sniping is rather fun, to many people play as one though. I was even called a "noob" quite a bit for playing as a sniper even thought I was effectively killing the enemy.
    I told you that was the problem. If snipers were more powerful EVEN MORE players would go recon.

    Also, I know you're a newb to BC2, but just so you don't get flamed, don't talk about having a good K/D ratio. It doesn't matter in a game where bum-rushing an objective is kind of the point. Points and W/L ratio matter way way way more to the community as a whole than kills. Kills are a terrible judge of skill, because recon can just sit in the back. You SHOULD get more kills than deaths, unless you're just downright terrible.

    Just a warning for you to prevent being flamed in the future lol.

    Tl;dr: Don't think anyone cares about K/D. It's all about score and W/L in Battlefield.

  13. #73
    Hosav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    36
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    2
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by oleksx View Post
    No, you are just like running and shooting, that is the full description of CoD.
    In BF you play as a team, you have to make decisions, you can't run around like an one man army.
    And the maps are huge and you can use various types of vehicles, don't compare the effort put into BF3 to the one put into MW3.
    BF3 took 6 years to make, MW3 took 9 months.
    Whatever, your point just proves that you are childish.
    BF3 has not been worked on for 6 years. The concept was started 6 years ago but the project was long from even close to an alpha which was put down now in 2011.
    MW2 was a poorly made game yes and Infinity Ward did not care about details whatsoever, i would say that the work was more applying to maybe something you can make in 5 months.

    Quote Originally Posted by Moshos1 View Post


    Firstly, learn proper English.
    Secondly, are you retarded? How is he childish for stating the obvious? BF3 CLEARLY has better graphics, so don't try and denie it.
    The only bad english i detect is yours.

    Quote Originally Posted by dario354 View Post
    Where do you live?On the moon? MW didnt took 2 months it took 1 and a half to 2 years to make.How the hell did you come up whit 9 months?Black ops isnt by Infinity its by treyarch so the guys at infinity had 2 years to make a good game and they failed.

    My opinion BF3 will beat COD MW3
    In the later Call of Duty games the developers are getting lazier. Actually all projects starts with the concept. The concept from these guys where purely slow and the full project/concept was not started fully after Call of Duty 4's End. Infinity Ward took some time before choosing the game concept and path, so i would reckon about 9 months are fully correct.

    Quote Originally Posted by Noovaa View Post
    No, your right not everything about a game should be realistic. But when it comes to a game that tries to IMITATE reality, its probably a good idea to make it as real as possible, and the snipers are not.

    You need to start viewing other peoples opinions and not get angry when someone has a different opinion then you. Even worse you act out like a tiny child.

    Fuck you're an asshole.
    There is alot of people who thinks that Battlefield is played for the realism, this would be a very, very, very wrong fact.
    The hardcore Battlefield Fans has always been playing Battlefield for its Teamwork, Gameplay, Vehicles, Tactics, Good feel and soo on.
    But alot of people think that the Battlefield series are for the realism loving people, its not. Bad Company 2 got ruined becus they changed it to much from the original Battlefield 2/Bad Company (1).
    Bad Company 2 is very bad in comparison to Bad Company 1 or Battlefield 2 as i can not fully manage to see this as a Battlefield game,
    but if you look back at these BF games (BF Vietnam, BF2, BC1 and soo on)
    they did not feature realism as the main thing.
    For Example : In BF2 you have a 30-40% chance of insta-killing with the barret.. and the health is very high.. this is what is want back from battlefield, that damn awesome feeling... BF was never 'bout realism!
    Last edited by Hosav; 09-17-2011 at 07:26 PM.
    All everyday heroes are appreciated
    __________________________________
    __________________________________


  14. #74
    Noovaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,611
    Reputation
    51
    Thanks
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by Hosav View Post
    There is alot of people who thinks that Battlefield is played for the realism, this would be a very, very, very wrong fact.
    The hardcore Battlefield Fans has always been playing Battlefield for its Teamwork, Gameplay, Vehicles, Tactics, Good feel and soo on.
    But alot of people think that the Battlefield series are for the realism loving people, its not. Bad Company 2 got ruined becus they changed it to much from the original Battlefield 2/Bad Company (1).
    Bad Company 2 is very bad in comparison to Bad Company 1 or Battlefield 2 as i can not fully manage to see this as a Battlefield game,
    but if you look back at these BF games (BF Vietnam, BF2, BC1 and soo on)
    they did not feature realism as the main thing.
    For Example : In BF2 you have a 30-40% chance of insta-killing with the barret.. and the health is very high.. this is what is want back from battlefield, that damn awesome feeling... BF was never 'bout realism!
    Yup, lots of people think Battlefield is for realism, you know. Might have something to do with the fact the developers keep repeating that they try to make Battlefield, not necessarily a war simulator, but a FPS that "Tries to imitate life".

    So whatever you think everyone else thinks is just your opinion and not fact, and therefore, isn't really taken into consideration.

  15. #75
    J Miliam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    8,287
    Reputation
    392
    Thanks
    432
    My Mood
    Tired
    Quote Originally Posted by Noovaa View Post
    Exactly, I could call you a dickface and a twat but I'm going to take the higher road see?

    I'm not hating on anything? I bought Bfbc2 today for $20 and the sniping is rather fun, to many people play as one though. I was even called a "noob" quite a bit for playing as a sniper even thought I was effectively killing the enemy.

    Most of the time had more kills and less deaths then the one who was calling me "noob" or "coward". I was never hating in the first place, I was just stating I would like it if they had made BF3 with the ability for snipers to be 1 hit shots to the body. I think that's more enjoyable because I love the force behind a sniper when you fire it, the sound is terrifying for a reason. That sound is suppose to mean somebody just died.

    That sound isn't so terrifying in BF2 and BFbc2 because the shots, unless the target had low health or it was a head shot, did not kill the target on impact.

    Which makes the loud noise from something that's terrifying to something that's rather annoying.
    Players that play recon the whole game are annoying as fuck. Not necessarily helping the team, unless it's deathmatch, at all. Hence why you're called a noob, basically being a selfish player. Not necessarily hating on recon, but unless you actually move with the team through the objectives you're a camper.

    And btw, in case you haven't noticed, KD doesn't mean shit in Battlefield. PPM (points per minute) is what matters.


    Quote Originally Posted by Tick Me On View Post
    I told you that was the problem. If snipers were more powerful EVEN MORE players would go recon.

    Also, I know you're a newb to BC2, but just so you don't get flamed, don't talk about having a good K/D ratio. It doesn't matter in a game where bum-rushing an objective is kind of the point. Points and W/L ratio matter way way way more to the community as a whole than kills. Kills are a terrible judge of skill, because recon can just sit in the back. You SHOULD get more kills than deaths, unless you're just downright terrible.

    Just a warning for you to prevent being flamed in the future lol.

    Tl;dr: Don't think anyone cares about K/D. It's all about score and W/L in Battlefield.
    Points more than W/L though. Though W/L does matter a lot, sometimes you're stuck with a shitload of recons, none rushing.














    Am I the only one that actually rushes with recon? Shit is fun.


    Quote Originally Posted by Noovaa View Post
    Yup, lots of people think Battlefield is for realism, you know. Might have something to do with the fact the developers keep repeating that they try to make Battlefield, not necessarily a war simulator, but a FPS that "Tries to imitate life".

    So whatever you think everyone else thinks is just your opinion and not fact, and therefore, isn't really taken into consideration.
    Give me ONE statement where they fucking said it was based upon realism more than war .

    Derping hard as fuck right now.
    Last edited by J Miliam; 09-18-2011 at 09:26 AM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast