Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed

soo battlefiled 3 IS coming to steam?

One of the most controversial reports in the gamingsphere last June was the decision of Valve to ban majority of products that donít adhere with Steamís new policy. To summarize the issue, its all about Steam not accepting titles from publishers who are distributing it on other download channels (e.g: Amazon) which is the sole reason why EA made action and release Origin a few months later for its premium games like: Crysis 2, Dragon Age 2 and Battlefield 3, affected by this policy.

battlefield 3 steam dlc release Battlefield 3 on Steam: DLC Release Possibility Along With Origin (Analysis)

Battlefield 3 on Steam Renegotiation

Last week, it was reported the two companies are in a re-negotiation phase and plan to make an exception for Battlefield 3 to become available on Steam. For today, eagled-eyed players have spotted two sources confirming this rumor might be real.

The first proof was spotted by xCowY from Steam forums in which he highlighted the BF3 PC installation folder along Punkbuster that shows

C:Program Files (x86)SteamSteamAppscommonbattlefield 3ÖC:Program FilesSteamSteamAppscommonbattlefield 3

Hinting EA has already prepared for the gameís release on Steam just in case their negotiation turned out well.

The Sapphire Select Club (video-card distributor) is also running a contest and the prize for the winning contestants will be: 1 PC Game code for BF3 which you can redeem on steampowered.com with an SRP of 59.99.

So does it mean EA has already hinted its internal division to communicate BF3ís release on Steam?

Analysis and DLC Release Possibility

Thereís a reason why EA still prefer Steam despite the creation of Origin. Obviously, one is the ginormous amount of players who are already registered on Steam and have run its client. Origin is only in the starting phase and in fact, we received several reports on the gamingsphere on how the client canít handle the demand from PC gamers running BF3. Not to mention that some of its requirement like downloading a 50mb worth of file may come as a nuisance for other players who already have Steam on their machines.

Naturally, this doesnít mean EA will abandon Origin and shift all of its games to Steam. As you can see from the report, Battlefield 3 is the only title being renegotiated. Looking at the situation, Valve views this as an opportunity as well since EA already confirmed Battlefield 3 shipped 10 million units in USA and sold more than five million copies to gamers worldwide on its first week. With that demand, Iím sure Steam can loosen some of its policy to pave way for the new king in town.

From what we can recall, the argument was Valve wants all DLC release to be launched on Steam. Well, since Karkandís pre-order phase is already finished, we wonít be surprise if the future DLC release of BF3 will happen on Steam (or combined with Origin) depending on the outcome of this negotiation.

Battlefield 3 on Steam: DLC Release Possibility Along With Origin (Analysis) | Pinoytutorial Techtorial

damn i already got it on origin

Thanks
    I really hope they offer us someway to move our games from origin to steam if it does happen.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by hamguy View Post
    I really hope they offer us someway to move our games from origin to steam if it does happen.
    Although I haven't purchased the game yet (through Origin) I would hope EA Allow people on origin a choice whether or not they would like Origin or Steam to run the game through. If they do not allow people who have purchased the game already to move to Steam I think there will be a lot of trouble.

Ontopic:

I seriously hope this is true, the sole reason I haven't purchased Battlefield 3 yet! is because of Origin! I simply don't like the look and feel of the client enough to play and purchase the game.

Thanks
    i hate steam and origin i like the old school way just install the game and play without having to register!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    I don't know why they thought to have it only on orgin in the first place. Who wants to switch to some client that they will use for one game where they have none of the friends from steam and can't get to all there games at once.

Thanks
    1UP same hear dude
    lol just think abort it man
    bf3 without origin, steam, battlelog and just for fun dedicated lan servers throw gamespy arcade what else like the good old days of halo 1

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Doubt it, Steam missed out on the Battlefield 3 Pre-Orders already

MSN: woutervvelsen@live.nl
    Timezone: GMT +1

Middleman since: April 13th, 2011
    Marketplace minion since: April 18th, 2011
    Runescape minion since: June 6th, 2011
    Moderator since: September 28th, 2011
    General Moderator since: November 2nd, 2011
    Global Moderator since: April 29th, 2012
    Super User since: November 1st, 2013

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravallo View Post
    Doubt it, Steam missed out on the Battlefield 3 Pre-Orders already
    Ravallo Whatcha doin here?

On topic: I highly doubt that BF3 will be on steam.
    MPGH Member Since 10/17/2010
    Battlefield Minion Since 01/22/2014 till - 08/27/2014
    APB Minion since 11/12/2011 till 4/16/2012

Thanks
    I really prefer non-steam games. . . i dont know why. steam is really convenient, but thats the only good thing in my opinion

If ℜul℮s doηt b℮ηd, th℮y ฿r℮αk.
    Donator
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    No it's not coming out on Steam.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Battlefield 3 will come to steam the same day Activision gives away free DLC.