Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed

Lightbulb Confirmed: Battlefield 3 will NOT be on Steam

After months of wondering whether the whole debacle between Valve and EA would mean no Battlefield 3 on Steam, we’ve finally got it confirmed: EA has announced that BF3 will not be on Steam, and they’ve given their reason in a forum post to fans:

“Gamers can pre-order Battlefield 3 at Origin.com as well as over 100 digital retailers worldwide. EA offers games to all major download services. Unfortunately, Steam has adopted a set of restrictive terms of service which limit how developers interact with customers to deliver patches and other downloadable content. No other download service has adopted these practices.”

Steam’s terms of service were the reason why Crysis 2 was removed from the digital retailer earlier this year (later, more games were removed). Many speculated, including us, that it was simply EA trying to promote Origin, but this proved to be false, after Battlefield 3 was revealed to be available on many digital retailers across the globe.
    Many gamers were waiting to pre-order Battlefield 3 until it was available on Steam, but this looks to have been a waste of time. Despite the bleak news, EA says that they are hoping to work out an agreement with Steam.

Last week, game analyst predicted that the lack of Battlefield 3 on Steam would cost EA 100,000 BF3 copies less sold.

This blog post is written by David Nielsen, I take absolutely no credit for this.
    Last edited by Benjamin779; 11-01-2011 at 11:20 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    We all know why, EA is watchin you...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin779 View Post

Many speculated, including us, that it was simply EA trying to promote Origin, but this proved to be false, after Battlefield 3 was revealed to be available on many digital retailers across the globe.
    Which this is false. Sure they provide it digitally across the globe but still PC wise you're literally forced into using Origin regardless. You must still download and run your game from Origin on the PC platform regardless from where it is purchased.

Origin is nothing different from Steam except that EA now has their own version of this scandal.

Thanks
    And yet even running origin (roflmfao) there pride and joy was still fully hacked in less than four hours. when will they learn punkbuster is yet to be proven a unworthy anti-hack against all others. for example mw2 = hacks in one day, black ops hacks almost instantly, and then we have battlefield play4free which runs PB and is barely hacked. a free game has better hack protection than the last three cod titles to come out. does anybody else see an issue here?? im not saying there ARENT any hacks that work on PB however the comparitive numbers prove PB to be the top dogs when it come to anti-hack protection.

by the way i fully support hacking any anti-hack and games that come out.
    Last edited by freb; 11-16-2011 at 10:04 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    //Closed.

No need to comment on this or saying it will be on Steam.
    MPGH Member Since 10/17/2010
    Battlefield Minion Since 01/22/2014 till - 08/27/2014
    APB Minion since 11/12/2011 till 4/16/2012