Thread: Server files?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Quote Originally Posted by Status View Post
    Tell you what, since you don't have any idea what you're talking about how about you stop throwing around the word skid and actually do some research before you throw around terms YOU have no idea about. I don't give a fuck about Domo because he probably knows what a DOX is. You on the other hand, hear the word once, think you're some kind of Ub3r L33t H4x0r, and start calling people skids when you're making yourself look stupid to the people who actually know what a DOX is.

Doxed does not equal how EA found him. It equals a collective source of information on an individual usually including their real names, SSN, CC#'s, etc. Someone either dropped a DOX on him and EA found it or EA did their own research.

So maybe next time you should stop acting like a dick while spouting off your ignorance and just stick to spouting off ignorance.
    Doxed is something that is talked about every day on The Defaced teamspeak. WE have constant discussions on how to prevent it. We seem to have our own definition of what it is on our teamspeak server. Sorry for the the confusion. Either way, your ability to use google does not make you anything special.

No one asked you to come in here and give us your definition of what YOU think doxing is. Different hackers have different definitions. The term is used very lightly and falls under a wide pyramid of deviations to most of the People on the DF. I should have stated that in my prior post before you go off cussing people out.

Do I think i'm some uber hacker? NO, i'm far from it. Is there a reason i'm trying to prevent people from hosting servers? Yes people that really want to host would have been able to go and fine the location of where the server files were and get them. Sadly Almost a day after people started talking about The defaced website on this forum, it gets taken down. Did the defaced website getting taken down having anything to do with MPGH? Probably not.

There was/is currently only a very small loophole that allows people to host. The more people that exploit this loophole, the morelikely it is to get patched. When the loophole gets patched no one wins.
    Last edited by boxman13; 11-15-2011 at 02:58 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Quote Originally Posted by boxman13 View Post
    Doxed is something that is talked about every day on The Defaced teamspeak. WE have constant discussions on how to prevent it. We seem to have our own definition of what it is on our teamspeak server. Sorry for the the confusion. Either way, your ability to use google does not make you anything special.

No one asked you to come in here and give us your definition of what YOU think doxing is. Different hackers have different definitions. The term is used very lightly and falls under a wide pyramid of deviations to most of the People on the DF. I should have stated that in my prior post before you go off cussing people out.

Do I think i'm some uber hacker? NO, i'm far from it. Is there a reason i'm trying to prevent people from hosting servers? Yes people that really want to host would have been able to go and fine the location of where the server files were and get them. Sadly Almost a day after people started talking about The defaced website on this forum, it gets taken down. Did the defaced website getting taken down having anything to do with MPGH? Probably not.

There was/is currently only a very small loophole that allows people to host. The more people that exploit this loophole, the morelikely it is to get patched. When the loophole gets patched no one wins.
    Dude will you be putting ur server up anymore? or u retired from that for a while now?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cynical
    Well, I just took a look at the leaderboards today and diced banned most of thoes people who had 1trilltion points, i'm not banned(yet) so I think it might be safe. I migh host a server later today. Will keep people posted.

@simon I know its late were your at so i'm going to host one ASAP

ETA should be up in 15 min, I will PM you the name
    Last edited by boxman13; 11-15-2011 at 03:19 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to boxman13 For This Useful Post:

simonstaton (11-15-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Well, I just took a look at the leaderboards today and diced banned most of thoes people who had 1trilltion points, i'm not banned(yet) so I think it might be safe. I migh host a server later today. Will keep people posted.

Thanks man let me know when its live

- will be off in an hour so let me know if u wont have it up by then and ill be hitting the sack early.
    Last edited by simonstaton; 11-15-2011 at 04:08 PM.

Thanks

If it's still up and running, please PM me

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Quote Originally Posted by simonstaton View Post
    Thanks man let me know when its live

- will be off in an hour so let me know if u wont have it up by then and ill be hitting the sack early.
    I guess your not putting it up as you logged off -.-
    Last edited by simonstaton; 11-15-2011 at 04:54 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony32 View Post
    If it's still up and running, please PM me
    And me too!!!!!

Thanks
    I guess my post post count isnt high enough to send pm's. So would you mind pm'ing your server info? Thanks

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Quote Originally Posted by mustang1886 View Post
    I guess my post post count isnt high enough to send pm's. So would you mind pm'ing your server info? Thanks
    People can strict their PM's, so guys that isn't on their friendlist can't send PM's to them.
    MPGH Member Since 10/17/2010
    Battlefield Minion Since 01/22/2014 till - 08/27/2014
    APB Minion since 11/12/2011 till 4/16/2012

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    When i tried to host on R8 the console just crashed ... Any explanations of this ?
    Galaxy S Darky's v10.2 Extreme Edition / Vodoo Lagfix / 8GB Micro SDHC Class 4
    Core2Quad Q9550 @ 3.8GHz; Kingston 2x2 Hyper X DDR3 1600mhz & Corsair 2x2GB DDR3 1600mhz; ATI HD 5870 1GB GDDR5 DX 11 CLOCKED TO 950mhz and 1350 memory; Antec 1000W; 1TB + 640gb portable HDD ~ Acer GD245HQ 3D Vision 120hz ; Win 7 Ultimate x64

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doh
    Quote Originally Posted by pyshing View Post
    When i tried to host on R8 the console just crashed ... Any explanations of this ?
    Did you get a copy of the R1 with this? You need to overwrite the R1 files with the R8.

Thanks

me 2 ???

Hello to all of you.

I'm new to this place but am also craving to start my own server for BF3.

So is there a chance to get my hands on the server files ?

Thanks from Germany,

Chris

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    //Closed.

There aren't any server files YET.

Some dude will probalby leech em when they are found.
    MPGH Member Since 10/17/2010
    Battlefield Minion Since 01/22/2014 till - 08/27/2014
    APB Minion since 11/12/2011 till 4/16/2012

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123