Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbrdd View Post
    God first off stop being completely biased. AMD is better for budget systems, intel/nvidia for performance. You are being completely biased.
    I use AMD Radeon 6850 HD and it runs excellent.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by caskinsro View Post
    This is coming from someone that spent 9 years in schooling for this...

No, no and NO.

If you are going to do anything for a bf3 setup and you are on a VERY tight budget, do not use Intel, Do not use Nvidia.

For about 500$ you could easily make a solid gaming PC (Not high end)...

Use the AMD APU's, make sure its one of the top ones out, sinc that with a so-so graphics card (Radeon HD6550~), Mobo does not need to be anything special, just an F1 socket, Go with 8gb of G-skill 1600MHz ram... Power supply... 450 Watts. Not pretty for the PSU, but it is cheap and it will run everything perfectly fine.

Oh, Western Green drives, get a TB, shitty disk drive, dont matter there...Thermaltake cases can be bought for 40-60 bucks...

All in all... Around 540$ and you could still cut corners.
    And it will play BF3 on Medium... Its not bad, but it will work, it plays, will still be quick...

For about 600 you could grab the AMD FX 6200 and an AM3+ Mobo (for 105$ you can get a solid one. Do not get any under it.) and the rest can be the same, maybe a smaller HDD and another SSD.

Boom.
    Fast, Cool, Quiet, and all for under 600$

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

Gotta stop you here.

I5 2500k. Thats fine. Good processor, but overpriced...

Now here is where I wanna smack you.
    GTX560?
    NO. Just fucking no.

Specs of these cards are just terrible and they are a waste of money. Mem clocks are terrible, poor design and cooling... For the same price you could grab a 7770 and run circles around it... 159$... And it blows it away.

People need to stop looking at names on these things. Read the specs, view the benchmarks. STUDY BEFORE YOU BUY.

Not mad, but it is annoying when people just talking about things they have no idea about...

---------- Post added at 04:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

If you have no idea how to build one yourself, you can go to newegg and hit DIY Combos... Amd based systems for around 530$ and almost what I said earlier...
    I use Intel and Nvidia on my monster gaming system and works exerlent on all games not just BF3

Oww and I have the Nvidia gtx 5690 ti hawx beats the crap out of some good cards.

Thanks
    I never said intel is junk guys.
    This whole discussion is based on a BUDGET SYSTEM.

Does it really look like I bash either? I sunk a few hundred in my NVIDIA card... HMMM

If you cannot stay on subject then do not post at all.

Rig Specs:
    Mobo: ASUS Crosshair V Formula/Thunderbolt AM3+
    CPU: AMD Fx- 8150 @ 4.6 GHz
    GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 580 Classified ULTRA 3GB 384-bit GDDR5
    PSU: RaidMax RX-1050SS
    Memory: 16GB G-Skill Sniper Series @ 1866 MHz
    Cooling: Swiftech H2O-X20 Edge HD Series
    Case: Corsair Carbide 500R

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by caskinsro View Post
    I never said intel is junk guys.
    This whole discussion is based on a BUDGET SYSTEM.

Does it really look like I bash either? I sunk a few hundred in my NVIDIA card... HMMM

If you cannot stay on subject then do not post at all.
    You do know that only 1 person disagreed with you.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    No way you can run Bf3 and enjoy the game with your specs. Get some good parts together and build a custom rig.

Thanks
    ^ True as it gets...

Even with my setup I have issues at times... Those 64 player metro battles have this thing screaming... Hard to hear over the case fans lmao

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Noovaa View Post
    You do know that only 1 person disagreed with you.
    I know :P
    Just saying it for the people that were probably thinking the same as him

Rig Specs:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    I personally don't recommend AMD for a serious build.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Doubtful
    If you can get 600 I can get you decent gaming computer on newegg.com
    You can't really upgrade your laptop you know

Lol, when the guy said that shitty 8 core FX runs on par with the i7 2600k, I facepalmed.
    You must be really fucked up in the head.
    Last edited by Stevenom; 03-22-2012 at 01:11 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lonely
    Nono hes right. HIS bulldozer runs on par with a STOCK 2600k.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Get atleast 4GB ram
    GPU : GTX 560 TI , GTX 560 , GTX 550 TI , AMD 6850, AMD 6870 or AMD 6950 these cards can be found for under 230€
    CPU: AMD phenom II series or buldozer because your on low budget dont get intel only if you have a high budget
    a quad core AMD CPU will give you the same amount of FPS during gaming as intel CPUs ( maybe 1/3 fps more on intel )

get atleast 500 watt PSU
    and get a motherboard with PCI-E 2.0

11. The Following User Says Thank You to blader123 For This Useful Post:

PasterOfMuppets (03-22-2012)

Thanks
    Thats not a budget for around 500...
    Its close, but the memory will not work. Its too low to handle the bf3 load properly.

Phenom II... Much better than the bulldozer, but can also have a bit more cost. But on the other side, the 960~ area of them are quite amazing (and REALLY HOT running) CPU's.

He does not need to worry about PCI-e 2.0, all mobo's come with them now if he is even looking at a cpu thats recent. What he needs to look at is the power phases...
    a 4-1 will be fine for the Phenom II series, but if he is going FX he will want at least 8 or 12 stepping. FX run so shitty on the 4-1, and the 6000+ series will not work at all on a 4-1 stepping.

---------- Post added at 12:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

~~~~ Another Note.

It is better to spend more on the motherboard and have a lower end GPU than the other way around. Board and CPU will determine how much you are going to get out of the graphics... Do not be a cheap ass when shopping. Make sure that the board will last, have the power to give you headroom, and can handle long hours of gaming with high stress & heat. Make sure that the northbridge is as good as you can get. Bad northbridge will just mean a shitty board and it will show every time you play.

Make sure it is a 990FX with 8-1 power stepping or better.

Asus Sabertooth is a very good place to start. It costs a bit more than other boards, but it will last and they are very well built. They also give you a lot of headroom for upgrades for years to come... Well until the AM4 chips comeout... whenever that is.

---------- Post added at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by blader123 View Post
    Get atleast 4GB ram
    GPU : GTX 560 TI , GTX 560 , GTX 550 TI , AMD 6850, AMD 6870 or AMD 6950 these cards can be found for under 230€
    CPU: AMD phenom II series or buldozer because your on low budget dont get intel only if you have a high budget
    a quad core AMD CPU will give you the same amount of FPS during gaming as intel CPUs ( maybe 1/3 fps more on intel )

get atleast 500 watt PSU
    Depending on the Intel & Nvidia setup you will get a lot more than 1/3 increase... But it will not happen on a budget. For the same performance & cost, you will get the same thing from AMD and have a little $ left over.

Ill post in about 35 minutes a good budget build. Keep in mind this is not going to be something to blow others away...

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

CASE: Fractal Design Define R3 Titanium Grey w/ USB 3.0 ATX Mid Tower Silent PC Computer Case $109.00

-Solid case, room for upgrades, built well, can be customized, and has very nice cable management, airflow and it is silent. $109.00 (Can find a lower end one, but I stand behind this and would not go lower. Case with proper airflow design with these features is a must in my book.)

Motherboard: ASRock 970 EXTREME4 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOS $104.99

- Lower end, but still packs all of the features that would ever be needed. It does have an 8-1 power phase so it will run the CPU perfectly. You can get a better board, but AsRock makes a very nice budget board. I used one while building my first system. Lasted 3 years with no problems.

- I would recommend spending the extra $50 and getting something such as the Sabertooth or AsRock Fatality. Both are extremely nice boards for around $180-$190

CPU: AMD FX-6200 Zambezi 3.8GHz (4.1GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor $169.99

- 6 cores, very nice stock clocks, has 6MB L2 cashe, and 8MB of L3. Decent processor for a very nice price.
    You can opt out of this and grab the 4170 for $139.99. Stock clocks of 4.2 GHz, but it only has 4MB of L2 cashe. Still a good processor, but in this case the 6200 is much better for gaming.

GPU: EVGA 01G-P3-1556-KR GeForce GTX 550 Ti (Fermi) FPB 1GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP $129.99

- Im really not the nvidia fan, but this is going to be hard to beat. It is a mid-range grahpics card but for the price it is almost impossible to beat.
    The clocks on it are pretty good, it does come with 1GB of GDDR5 memory, and you can grab another for SLI.

If you have the $ id get something better, but for the purpose it works perfectly fine.

PSU: RAIDMAX RX-630SS HYBRID SERIES $45.00

- It is cheap, its fully modular, it comes with a 130mm fan, and blue lit led. You can get a different one, but I love these psu's. Cheap, and they last.

SSD: OCZ Agility 3 AGT3-25SAT3-60G 2.5" 60GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) $89.00

This will only be used as a boot drive. It is plenty to have windows 7 ultimate, Battlefield 3, and a few other games if desired. DO NOT PACK THIS FULL OF JUNK.
    +
    HDD: Fine one... Dont need to be huge or brand new.. Its just for data...

MEMORY: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 $46.99

- 8GB @ 1600 MHz, 9-9-9-24 clocks. Solid, stable, and very good quality memory.

DISK DRIVE: SAMSUNG 22X DVD Burner 22X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 22X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 24X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM SATA Model SH-222BB/BEBE - OEM - $16.99

- Its cheap, will sound like a jet taking off. But for what we need it for it will be just fine.. Get better if you want, but there really is little point.

TOTAL COST: $712.94 plus shipping.

Now a lot of this can be downgraded, such as the case, you really dont NEED the SSD but they are a must have in my eyes... But I wouldnt change much. Everything is solid and some of it will need stepped up such as CPU cooling. Dont overclock and everything will be fine.

And no matter how you look at it... You will not beat this in the store. Just not possible.

If you want to go cheaper, and nearing 500$, get the AMD APU systems... And get a 6000 Series AMD GPU to pair it with. That will knock a nice chunk off, but do not go cheap on the APU bought... Make sure it is the A8 series and one of the better.

Rig Specs:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hot
    tbf you speak fucking complete BS the GTX560 is a great card. What you are doing is comparing it to some of the best cards out the like the 590 and 6990 thats why you think it is shit. In fact this card is fine for running bf3. Also i agree with you that the I5 and whole I series is overpriced and personally thing you should get the quad core black edition 665 because games don't have the engines to use any more than a 4 core processor and dont get the 6 core because you will not get any different apart from a different price.

further more nvidia is overpriced and would go for a amd graphics and process meaning that you will be able to use amd vision.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to day-out For This Useful Post:

blader123 (03-22-2012)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by blader123 View Post
    Get atleast 4GB ram

get atleast 500 watt PSU
    thanks man, a straight answer without reading paragraphs, thanks

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by PasterOfMuppets View Post
    I recommend you get an Intel quad core. Preferably a i5 or i7. This is no ghetto office build. Running a game like Bf3 takes the best of the best and AMD tends to cut corners. Save up and buy an Intel.

Thanks
    ^ Second that.

Amd is shit and they do cut corners... But they are still the best when it comes to working on a budget. Everything about AMD is cheap, including the motherboards.

For about 200$ more you could make a computer that would put the build I said to shame. complete shame.

And to the douche who wants to live up the 550ti. They are shit and always will be. Terrible bit interface, low memory clocks, high temps, and half ass performance.

And since when is the 6900~ series of AMD high end? 7900~ series and 590-680 GTX are "high" end.

Dont talk anymore kid. You have no idea what your talking about.

---------- Post added at 10:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by PasterOfMuppets View Post
    I wouldnt be thanking this kid...

Amd does not compare in turns of gaming. AMD Lacks hyperthreading and logical cores. They run on one core half of the time, whereas Intel will use all 4 and have a much smoother and cleaner running game.

The only good processors AMD made was the Phenom II 945+ series. The rest are total shit, and thats coming from an AMD fan... I love their shit but its just that most of the time... Its just cheap and why I buy it.

Rig Specs:

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast