Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 63
  1. #1
    Moshos9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    102
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    1
    My Mood
    Happy

    PC Update help :)

    Okay so my computer is very old and I am in need of an update. These are my current specs:

    Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+ 2.61 GHz

    32-bit

    Installed RAM: 4.00 GB (3.00 GB usable)

    Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT

    So, as you can see, it's very old.

    I am thinking of buying a Quad core + ATI Radeon 6850.

    Any suggestions?

  2. #2
    dadowns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    53
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    8
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Get I5 2500k with 8 GB of ram,
    IDK about the graphics card :S
    <------What Are You Looking At???

  3. #3
    Occidi de Pax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Back To The Drum!
    Posts
    3,069
    Reputation
    102
    Thanks
    180
    My Mood
    Bored
    @Moshos9
    Wrong place to post go to the hardware support
    @dadowns
    What are you even talking about he isnt going to oc the core better spent more money in the mobo/ram then just a unblocked core :|
    Music historian here to please and displease,learning to teach all you peeps,so stop by the music part of the forum,and ask the question to your needs.

  4. #4
    Gervino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    176
    Reputation
    32
    Thanks
    23
    My Mood
    Hungover
    It would be better if you would just build a 64-bit computer, and at least 6gb RAM. Vid card should handle it fine on halfway, though ATI will sometimes f*ck up.

  5. #5
    Snowbrdd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    814
    Reputation
    26
    Thanks
    116
    My Mood
    Lonely
    did you seriously just say a 64 bit computer

  6. #6
    Noovaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,611
    Reputation
    51
    Thanks
    143
    Ugh, I hate dual cores.

  7. #7
    blader123's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Syria,The Netherlands
    Posts
    155
    Reputation
    -6
    Thanks
    35
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Instal windows 7 64 Bit to enable 4GB+ and buy 4GB more
    For low budget buy AMD Phenom II CPU's
    high budget buy the intel i5 2500(K)
    for the GPU idk what ur main purpose is but if your planing on playing most games in ultra get a GTX 560 TI or 6950( or higher ofcourse )
    if not just get a GTx 560 ( non TI version ) or 6850/70

  8. #8
    Gervino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    176
    Reputation
    32
    Thanks
    23
    My Mood
    Hungover
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbrdd View Post
    did you seriously just say a 64 bit computer
    smoke 'erb everyday

  9. #9
    Azathᴏth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    49°51′S 128°34′W
    Posts
    13,526
    Reputation
    1136
    Thanks
    1,683
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Get a new computer. You need a new quad core CPU, preferably intel, that means new mobo. New video card anyway. Just get a new build.

  10. #10
    Moshos9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    102
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    1
    My Mood
    Happy
    I'm not good with building PC's and my price range is about $500..I really only want a PC that can run BF3 smoothly at med settings or if possible, high.

  11. #11
    Azathᴏth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    49°51′S 128°34′W
    Posts
    13,526
    Reputation
    1136
    Thanks
    1,683
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshos9 View Post
    I'm not good with building PC's and my price range is about $500..I really only want a PC that can run BF3 smoothly at med settings or if possible, high.
    Nope. Your not running Bf3 smoothly with 500 dollars. That's the main issue with PC gaming. You want smooth performance? Better have the coin to pay for it.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Azathᴏth For This Useful Post:

    pera21 (04-05-2012)

  13. #12
    Snowbrdd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    814
    Reputation
    26
    Thanks
    116
    My Mood
    Lonely
    You're best off buying a 360 and the game. It'll be easier and run it smoothly.

  14. #13
    Noovaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,611
    Reputation
    51
    Thanks
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post


    Nope. Your not running Bf3 smoothly with 500 dollars. That's the main issue with PC gaming. You want smooth performance? Better have the coin to pay for it.
    Or the guns to rob future shop.

  15. #14
    caskinsro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Lamar, PA
    Posts
    48
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by blader123 View Post
    Instal windows 7 64 Bit to enable 4GB+ and buy 4GB more
    For low budget buy AMD Phenom II CPU's
    high budget buy the intel i5 2500(K)
    for the GPU idk what ur main purpose is but if your planing on playing most games in ultra get a GTX 560 TI or 6950( or higher ofcourse )
    if not just get a GTx 560 ( non TI version ) or 6850/70
    You sir are a total moron.
    Its a 32 bit system. It dont MATTER what version of Windows he is running. NO version of Windows supports more than 4gb of memory while running 32 bit.
    You need to get some smarts before you try and help people out.

    Back on topic... Just get a newer AMD Apu system. Seems like it would be everything you just asked for... Quad core with built in HD6000 series grahpics... F1 Board, A8 APU, and 8GB Ram will run right around $400~ USD.

    Might be your best bet. You can definitely get better if you have the money.

    ---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post


    Nope. Your not running Bf3 smoothly with 500 dollars. That's the main issue with PC gaming. You want smooth performance? Better have the coin to pay for it.
    Hate to step on your toes, but for a LITTLE bit over 500 he can... Thats counting a new case, HDD, Processor, Vid Card, PSU, Memory...
    He wont be playing on high, but Medium is easily reachable...

    Rig Specs:
    Mobo: ASUS Crosshair V Formula/Thunderbolt AM3+
    CPU: AMD Fx- 8150 @ 4.6 GHz
    GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 580 Classified ULTRA 3GB 384-bit GDDR5
    PSU: RaidMax RX-1050SS
    Memory: 16GB G-Skill Sniper Series @ 1866 MHz
    Cooling: Swiftech H2O-X20 Edge HD Series
    Case: Corsair Carbide 500R

  16. #15
    blader123's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Syria,The Netherlands
    Posts
    155
    Reputation
    -6
    Thanks
    35
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Quote Originally Posted by caskinsro View Post
    You sir are a total moron.
    Its a 32 bit system. It dont MATTER what version of Windows he is running. NO version of Windows supports more than 4gb of memory while running 32 bit.
    You need to get some smarts before you try and help people out.

    Back on topic... Just get a newer AMD Apu system. Seems like it would be everything you just asked for... Quad core with built in HD6000 series grahpics... F1 Board, A8 APU, and 8GB Ram will run right around $400~ USD.

    Might be your best bet. You can definitely get better if you have the money.

    ---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------



    Hate to step on your toes, but for a LITTLE bit over 500 he can... Thats counting a new case, HDD, Processor, Vid Card, PSU, Memory...
    He wont be playing on high, but Medium is easily reachable...

    dont get mad braaah
    if you read what i said you would know that i said that he needs a 64 bit version of windows 7 because if hes gonna upgrade his GPU he will probably ( 99,99% sure ) to a GPU with dx 11 and only vista and 7 support dx 11
    and also the 64bit version of windows will support more than 4GB ram instead of the 3,25GB ram

    YOU SIR are a moron also

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Help Request] Help to update
    By miladkingpro in forum Combat Arms Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-11-2011, 04:12 AM
  2. [Updated] Help Section Rules, Info, & Help Layout
    By Jabuuty671 in forum Combat Arms Help
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-10-2010, 02:11 AM
  3. War rock update HELP
    By Fatslimjr in forum WarRock Discussions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-27-2010, 11:40 PM
  4. [Discussion] Rez deletion Update -Help-
    By madarauchiha in forum CrossFire Hacks & Cheats
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-25-2010, 11:51 AM
  5. I Can't get the .180 update..HELP please
    By ShadowMan30 in forum Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Help
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-03-2010, 08:19 PM