Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    streakyevan777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    102
    Reputation
    15
    Thanks
    7
    My Mood
    Amused

    Question system requirements

    Hi, im saving for a new gaming computer. Im tired of putting games on med. to low settings so i want to be sure on what im getting before
    I make my purchase. Im probbly not going to spend more than $650. Im not as familiar with computer hardware and terminology but ill write down the specs to see if anyone has an idea on if these are good enough to play BF3 on high settings.

    cyberpowerPC gamer Ultra GUA880 Desktop.

    AMD fx_series_quad_core_fx_4100 Processor 3.6GHz (4MB Cache)

    8 GB DDR3 RAM

    1024GB 7200rpm Hard Drive

    Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit


    NVIDIA GeForce GT610

  2. #2
    iDennis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    176
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    27
    My Mood
    Bored
    if you build the PC yourself its 50-100 bucks cheaper

  3. #3
    Yangster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Morehead, KY
    Posts
    65
    Reputation
    13
    Thanks
    165
    My Mood
    Confused
    Why the fuck can't anyone get the idea that some people can't build their own PC? Seriously, stop recommending and actually answer the question...

    The NVIDIA GeForce GT 610M will not run BF3 at a high FPS rate...best you can get is 20 FPS. Sorry

  4. #4
    oiendoio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    female
    Posts
    60
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    4
    give a man a fish feed him for one day, teach a man to fish feed him for life.

    Anyways check this out, and think about your options.

    ************ part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: AMD FX-4170 4.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($119.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: MSI 970A-G46 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($74.98 @ NCIX US)
    Memory: Corsair 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($38.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: OCZ Agility 3 90GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($49.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($79.99 @ NCIX US)
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 6850 1GB Video Card ($134.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: PC Power & Cooling 600W ATX12V Power Supply ($49.99 @ Microcenter)
    Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($16.99 @ Newegg)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64-bit) ($91.06 @ Amazon)
    Total: $656.97
    (Prices include shipping and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by ************ 2012-08-23 12:55 EDT-0400)

    I promise you that you will not find a pc for under $900 with these specs on any site, this even has a 90gb SSD boot drive , 1tb storage drive , and windows 7 64bit factored into its price. I did not add a case as its really opinion based if your not overclocking.
    Last edited by oiendoio; 08-23-2012 at 01:01 PM.

  5. #5
    Stevenom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Summoner's Rift
    Posts
    17,746
    Reputation
    1087
    Thanks
    1,916
    My Mood
    Doubtful
    Quote Originally Posted by oiendoio View Post
    give a man a fish feed him for one day, teach a man to fish feed him for life.

    Anyways check this out, and think about your options.

    ************ part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: AMD FX-4170 4.2GHz Quad-Core Processor ($119.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: MSI 970A-G46 ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($74.98 @ NCIX US)
    Memory: Corsair 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($38.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: OCZ Agility 3 90GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($49.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($79.99 @ NCIX US)
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 6850 1GB Video Card ($134.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: PC Power & Cooling 600W ATX12V Power Supply ($49.99 @ Microcenter)
    Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer ($16.99 @ Newegg)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (64-bit) ($91.06 @ Amazon)
    Total: $656.97
    (Prices include shipping and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by ************ 2012-08-23 12:55 EDT-0400)

    I promise you that you will not find a pc for under $900 with these specs on any site, this even has a 90gb SSD boot drive , 1tb storage drive , and windows 7 64bit factored into its price. I did not add a case as its really opinion based if your not overclocking.
    I'd say don't worry about Windows 7, everyone would torrent it.
    Also there's no point for him to use SSD.

  6. #6
    oiendoio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    female
    Posts
    60
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevenom View Post


    I'd say don't worry about Windows 7, everyone would torrent it.
    Also there's no point for him to use SSD.
    Then noone has a reason for an SSD, its not mandatory for anything. Its just faster and better than a mechanical drive for boot and loads. Torrent all you want, im not nub enough to skimp out on windows. I have a problem of any sort, I dont have a problem my copy is legit. Now idc about the morality of it at all, free is nice but legit in this case is and always will be better.

    Any event you'd be heart pressed to find a boutique competitor, nothing in ibuypower/cyberpower etc $600~ will get you a video card meant for 1920x1080 web browsing, and certainly wont have an SSD and Mechanicaly storage drive.

    Also $1000+ spent on a pc and you'd put a hacked copy of windows on it, thats embarassing sometimes I buy new cars to piss in the gastanks and such too.
    Last edited by oiendoio; 08-24-2012 at 08:22 AM.

  7. #7
    Stevenom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Summoner's Rift
    Posts
    17,746
    Reputation
    1087
    Thanks
    1,916
    My Mood
    Doubtful
    Quote Originally Posted by oiendoio View Post
    Then noone has a reason for an SSD, its not mandatory for anything. Its just faster and better than a mechanical drive for boot and loads. Torrent all you want, im not nub enough to skimp out on windows. I have a problem of any sort, I dont have a problem my copy is legit. Now idc about the morality of it at all, free is nice but legit in this case is and always will be better.

    Any event you'd be heart pressed to find a boutique competitor, nothing in ibuypower/cyberpower etc $600~ will get you a video card meant for 1920x1080 web browsing, and certainly wont have an SSD and Mechanicaly storage drive.

    Also $1000+ spent on a pc and you'd put a hacked copy of windows on it, thats embarassing sometimes I buy new cars to piss in the gastanks and such too.
    Errr...
    If the PC purely for gaming, SSD's won't matter.
    If he does media rendering then I will say why not.
    And also he's on a budget.
    The money would be better to go to a better graphics card or something, same with the genuine windows 7.
    Right now, he said gaming computer he didn't specify anything that would really need an SSD.
    If he wants, he can get genuine Windows 7.

    But this is my opinion, OP doesn't have to see it my way.

  8. #8
    oiendoio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    female
    Posts
    60
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevenom View Post

    Errr...
    If the PC purely for gaming, SSD's won't matter.
    If he does media rendering then I will say why not.
    And also he's on a budget.
    The money would be better to go to a better graphics card or something, same with the genuine windows 7.
    Right now, he said gaming computer he didn't specify anything that would really need an SSD.
    If he wants, he can get genuine Windows 7.

    But this is my opinion, OP doesn't have to see it my way.
    Noone is going to render to an SSD, please speak with knowledge or do not speak. SSDs are flash based storage, they have a writing cap b4 they fail much lower than that of an HDD. SSDs are so great because of the READ speed, which boom your in game instantly no loading bars.

  9. #9
    Stevenom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Summoner's Rift
    Posts
    17,746
    Reputation
    1087
    Thanks
    1,916
    My Mood
    Doubtful
    Quote Originally Posted by oiendoio View Post
    Noone is going to render to an SSD, please speak with knowledge or do not speak. SSDs are flash based storage, they have a writing cap b4 they fail much lower than that of an HDD. SSDs are so great because of the READ speed, which boom your in game instantly no loading bars.
    You know, I do have myself.
    I have a Samsung 830 128GB.
    So you're saying that he should put games on his SSD?

  10. #10
    oiendoio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    female
    Posts
    60
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevenom View Post


    You know, I do have myself.
    I have a Samsung 830 128GB.
    So you're saying that he should put games on his SSD?
    You should put your most used applications GAMES included on your SSD, especially with windows 7 TRIMM support. You obviously won't have the space you would want so your limited, my crucial m4 has BF3 MW2 and Crysis wars on it just fine still 30gb of space.

  11. #11
    Stevenom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Summoner's Rift
    Posts
    17,746
    Reputation
    1087
    Thanks
    1,916
    My Mood
    Doubtful
    Quote Originally Posted by oiendoio View Post
    You should put your most used applications GAMES included on your SSD, especially with windows 7 TRIMM support. You obviously won't have the space you would want so your limited, my crucial m4 has BF3 MW2 and Crysis wars on it just fine still 30gb of space.
    Well, I do have BF3 but I don't play it very often.
    I play TF2 but I don't want my whole Steam folder on my SSD.
    Right now I got almost 68GB left.

  12. #12
    oiendoio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    female
    Posts
    60
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevenom View Post


    Well, I do have BF3 but I don't play it very often.
    I play TF2 but I don't want my whole Steam folder on my SSD.
    Right now I got almost 68GB left.
    Steam forums have a tut on how to move steam games etc. Completely fine etc, your SSD your decisions. Im just saying it in no way is limited to anyone at this point, id recommend an SSD on every build over an HDD, even your Grandmothers Email cruiser.

  13. #13
    Stevenom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Summoner's Rift
    Posts
    17,746
    Reputation
    1087
    Thanks
    1,916
    My Mood
    Doubtful
    Quote Originally Posted by oiendoio View Post
    Steam forums have a tut on how to move steam games etc. Completely fine etc, your SSD your decisions. Im just saying it in no way is limited to anyone at this point, id recommend an SSD on every build over an HDD, even your Grandmothers Email cruiser.
    What if they just want more space?
    SSD s are quite expensive per GB.

  14. #14
    oiendoio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    female
    Posts
    60
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevenom View Post


    What if they just want more space?
    SSD s are quite expensive per GB.
    Thats why the $656 build I linked has a 90gb SSD and 1tb 7200 RPM caviar blue. Again i'll point out $656 build w/ an SSD and all quality components.

  15. #15
    Stevenom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Summoner's Rift
    Posts
    17,746
    Reputation
    1087
    Thanks
    1,916
    My Mood
    Doubtful
    Quote Originally Posted by oiendoio View Post
    Thats why the $656 build I linked has a 90gb SSD and 1tb 7200 RPM caviar blue. Again i'll point out $656 build w/ an SSD and all quality components.
    That differs from country from country.
    And wouldn't a caviar green be a better choice since there's an SSD involved?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. System Requirements: Probem with CPU
    By iKiLLYouCro in forum Call of Duty Black Ops Discussions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-29-2010, 06:04 PM
  2. Minimum System Requirements
    By OneNineFour in forum Call of Duty Black Ops Discussions
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 10-28-2010, 08:09 AM
  3. [Info] Star Craft 2 System Requirements
    By eliteop in forum Starcraft 2 Hacks
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-06-2010, 11:46 PM
  4. Bad Company 2 - System Requirements
    By eliteop in forum Battlefield Bad Company 2 (BFBC2) Hacks
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-17-2010, 10:42 AM
  5. A question about system requirements
    By machinesinger in forum General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-16-2009, 04:47 PM