Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 25 of 25
  1. #16
    Emeraldmine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    86
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    6
    My Mood
    Cool
    Tbh, anyone who doesn't build their own PC is a pussy. It's not that hard, if you just look up tuts on youtube you will be fine. Just triple or quadruple check everything to make sure everything is in place and hooked up properly.

  2. #17
    oiendoio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    female
    Posts
    60
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Emeraldmine View Post
    Tbh, anyone who doesn't build their own PC is a pussy. It's not that hard, if you just look up tuts on youtube you will be fine. Just triple or quadruple check everything to make sure everything is in place and hooked up properly.
    Now I am fine w/ people going to a boutique and such, if they know what they want and whats good, but those people can build too just choosing not to. I'd point out that building yourself is quite simply a very easy task now. Further more controlling ALL of your warranties seperately is a beautiful thing.

  3. #18
    Stevenom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Summoner's Rift
    Posts
    17,746
    Reputation
    1087
    Thanks
    1,916
    My Mood
    Doubtful
    Quote Originally Posted by poobear View Post
    if your gonna build your own make sure you ground yourself static electricity can kill your components. if you dont want to try it my first gaming rig was built by cyberpower and i still have it and it still works the prices are resonable. but there's nothing like building your own
    i7 990 extreme
    asus rampage 3 extreme
    12gb corsair dominator memory
    2x evga gtx580 hydrocopper 2
    2x kingston 128gb ssd in raid-o
    corsair obsidian 800d
    xspc rasa watercooling kit
    monsoon free center compression fittings
    phobya sli and fitting adapters
    permachill tubing and coolant
    ek mutioption 250 res
    Why are you telling him to get older 1366 and 500 series?
    Why would you even suggest getting a DOMINATOR RAM?

  4. #19
    oiendoio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    female
    Posts
    60
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevenom View Post


    Why are you telling him to get older 1366 and 500 series?
    Why would you even suggest getting a DOMINATOR RAM?
    1366 did very well w/ higher frequency triple channel Dominators and similar ram. Dead socket is dead, 5xx series is still worth the money especially the 580. i7-990x is out classed by the i5-2500k RAID 0 on SSD's does nothing in real world applications, waste of trim support.

  5. #20
    Stevenom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Summoner's Rift
    Posts
    17,746
    Reputation
    1087
    Thanks
    1,916
    My Mood
    Doubtful
    Quote Originally Posted by oiendoio View Post
    1366 did very well w/ higher frequency triple channel Dominators and similar ram. Dead socket is dead, 5xx series is still worth the money especially the 580. i7-990x is out classed by the i5-2500k RAID 0 on SSD's does nothing in real world applications, waste of trim support.
    Considering that 2011 was the replacement of 1366, I don't see why he would suggest it.
    i7 3930K is cheaper, and pretty much rapes the 990x in all tests.
    AnandTech - Bench - CPU
    Meh, the 580 is around the price of the 670.
    I'd rather go for that 670 as their 2GB models are cheaper than 580 3GB models afaik.

  6. #21
    poobear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    3
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    0
    I was talking about my build...
    Last edited by poobear; 08-28-2012 at 08:04 AM.

  7. #22
    scazzard1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    18
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    1
    I am 13 and I built my PC early this month
    Motherboard: ASUS Maximus IV GENE / Gen3 LGA 1155
    GPU: EVGA GTX 560 Fermi
    CPU: Intel I5 2400 Sandy Bridge Quad Core
    HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200 (1TB)
    RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws, 4x4gb (16gb)
    Power supply: forgot name, cooler master, 600W (modular)
    Optical: Generic RW drive
    CPU Cooler: Antec Kuhler H2O
    Case: Coolermaster Storm Enforcer
    Picture:

  8. #23
    oiendoio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    female
    Posts
    60
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by scazzard1 View Post
    I am 13 and I built my PC early this month
    Motherboard: ASUS Maximus IV GENE / Gen3 LGA 1155
    GPU: EVGA GTX 560 Fermi
    CPU: Intel I5 2400 Sandy Bridge Quad Core
    HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200 (1TB)
    RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws, 4x4gb (16gb)
    Power supply: forgot name, cooler master, 600W (modular)
    Optical: Generic RW drive
    CPU Cooler: Antec Kuhler H2O
    Case: Coolermaster Storm Enforcer
    Picture:
    Nice build then youngman, Id have not bought a i5-2400 as it as good as an i3-2120 at most things. The 560 non TI is a very poor choice atm when both the 7770Ghz 6870 and 460 are all within the price range and all a ton better. No SSD so 16Gb of ram does nothing for you, similar to the premium overclocking motherboard on a locked i5. Im very impressed you built yourself but Im not impressed people let you buy those specific parts.

  9. #24
    Stevenom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Summoner's Rift
    Posts
    17,746
    Reputation
    1087
    Thanks
    1,916
    My Mood
    Doubtful
    Quote Originally Posted by oiendoio View Post
    Nice build then youngman, Id have not bought a i5-2400 as it as good as an i3-2120 at most things. The 560 non TI is a very poor choice atm when both the 7770Ghz 6870 and 460 are all within the price range and all a ton better. No SSD so 16Gb of ram does nothing for you, similar to the premium overclocking motherboard on a locked i5. Im very impressed you built yourself but Im not impressed people let you buy those specific parts.
    Lol, I built a better computer when I was 13.
    Corsair AX750
    Storm Enforcer
    Antec Kuhler 620
    2x4GB RAM
    OCZ Vertex 3 60GB
    i7 2600k
    GTX 580
    Asus Sabertooth P67
    1TB Seagate Barracuda

  10. #25
    Jizzzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    156
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    7
    My Mood
    Angelic
    I built my first PC ages ago, but I'm still using it

    GigaByte 8I865GME-775-RH-AS
    2x 1 GB Ram DDR1
    ATA 80 GB HDD
    Celeron D 3.6 GHz
    Sapphire HD 4650 AGP 1 GB

    I can play MW3 on normal without lags

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. I'm not sure if this goes here or not...
    By flashfire132 in forum WarRock Discussions
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-06-2010, 04:32 AM
  2. Not sure if this has been answered, Player skins
    By Exceptionz in forum Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Coding / Programming / Source Code
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-14-2010, 11:32 AM
  3. not sure if this is the right place but
    By Chris 9 in forum Combat Arms Hack Coding / Programming / Source Code
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-13-2010, 04:34 PM
  4. Idk if this is right place buuuutt......
    By dmfxs in forum Combat Arms Help
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-26-2010, 09:30 AM
  5. this is gonna sound real chooby but i need help
    By fsdfgerd in forum Help & Requests
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-28-2009, 12:33 PM