Thread: approvals

Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    firebullet57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    98
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    5

    approvals

    how do the approvals work here?
    does a mod download the hacks and virus scans them themselves?

    i always wondered because i notice the virus scans people use is a link to a website saying certain file is clean. but what if someone were to use a clean file for a virus scan but put in a dirty (virus infested) file as the actual hack.

    anyway, thanks in advance for any answers.

  2. #2
    [SMA] Paradise`'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    NOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOB
    Posts
    8,929
    Reputation
    1727
    Thanks
    2,978
    My Mood
    Amused
    Basically once you release a Hack,REZ Mod, or Tools and Injectors you must scan the RAR file or the ZIP file using two different Malware Scan Providers like Jotti and VirusTotal, and once you upload the hack or w.e in the attachment and create the thread, it is the Minions job to check the files if it's clean and sometimes they will actually test it out, but if they find a virus it will automatically be deleted and the thread creator will be infracted or banned in some cases, but if the file is clean and nothing is wrong the Minion will approve it and you guys will be able to download.

    Here is a nice tutorial on how to post hacks correctly and etc.
    http://www.mpgh.net/forum/164-combat...correctly.html

    Solved?
    @.REZ
    @Polio
    Last edited by [SMA] Paradise`; 09-19-2012 at 11:50 PM.

    Refund Services Still RESUMED!

  3. #3
    firebullet57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    98
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Allen View Post
    Basically once you release a Hack,REZ Mod, or Tools and Injectors you must scan the RAR file or the ZIP file using two different Malware Scan Providers like Jotti and VirusTotal, and once you upload the hack or w.e in the attachment and create the thread, it is the Minions job to check the files if it's clean and sometimes they will actually test it out, but if they find a virus it will automatically be deleted and the thread creator will be infracted or banned in some cases, but if the file is clean and nothing is wrong the Minion will approve it and you guys will be able to download.

    Here is a nice tutorial on how to post hacks correctly and etc.
    http://www.mpgh.net/forum/164-combat...correctly.html

    Solved?
    @.REZ
    @Polio
    i understood that process.
    but what im curious about is, how do they check if its clean? from the virus scans alone? or do they actually download the file themselves and check it before approving?

    basically what im asking is, how do they know if someone isn't virus scanning a fake file so it comes in clean, and not putting a virus as a hack?
    Last edited by firebullet57; 09-19-2012 at 11:54 PM.

  4. #4
    [SMA] Paradise`'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    NOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOB
    Posts
    8,929
    Reputation
    1727
    Thanks
    2,978
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by firebullet57 View Post
    i understood that process.
    but what im curious about is, how do they check if its clean? from the virus scans alone? or do they actually download the file themselves and check it before approving?

    basically what im asking is, how do they know if someone isn't virus scanning a fake file so it comes in clean, and not putting a virus as a hack?
    They can't fake it, well they can but it's hard, and the Minions scan it also on there computers.
    Last edited by [SMA] Paradise`; 09-20-2012 at 12:36 AM.

    Refund Services Still RESUMED!

  5. #5
    firebullet57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    98
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Allen View Post

    They can't fake it, well they can but it's hard, and the Minions scan it also on there computers also.

    alright thats just what i wanted to know.

  6. #6
    .REZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Real life
    Posts
    10,389
    Reputation
    1110
    Thanks
    2,214
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    If you are worried about a file being unsafe, message a minion like myself. We check every file before it is approved, most of the "viruses" are false positives caused by packing that your anti-virus picks up.
    /solved
    /closed

Similar Threads

  1. posting pic without a approval
    By zlavik in forum Combat Arms Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-26-2009, 10:14 PM
  2. Pending approval?????
    By conory15 in forum Suggestions, Requests & Help
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-20-2009, 05:10 PM
  3. FREE IPOD TOUCH (CNN AND BBC APPROVED) 1st 8 PEOPLE REFFERED
    By ForeverInCombat in forum Spammers Corner
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-28-2009, 03:13 AM
  4. Mods don't approve.
    By Sjoerd in forum WarRock - International Hacks
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-24-2009, 03:20 AM