Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed

Getting this error for 3 weeks now

So it has been 3 weeks and I still can't start up CA... The error is "-2, 10060" and yes, I know it means either my Firewall is blocking it or the servers itself are down but those 2 aren't the case.
    How am I so sure that the servers aren't down? Well, I was Skyping with my friend and we decided to play CA together but when starting up CA, I keep getting that error but my friend just started up normally. I re-installed CA 3 times and still no fixes.
    Now, how am I so sure that my Firewall isn't blocking the game? I checked my Firewall settings and it isn't blocking it. And what's more? I've been playing CA for 2 years now and I never had this error.
    I know, you must be thinking "why not start up CA in the website itself?" Well, when I try to log on into the CA website itself, which is combatarms.nexon.net, it always take a long time to load to the next page and when it does, I get this "Nexon is taking too long to respond."
    Please help. :/

---------- Post added at 08:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:24 PM ----------

Oh yeah, and I've forgotten to include this. My PC system or whatever you call it is Windows 7 x32-bit
    Last edited by OMG1OMG; 11-16-2012 at 07:19 AM. Reason: Made it look neater. XD

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Maybe it's due to your location?

Donator Since: 12/08/2011
    Minion Since: 04/10/2012

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy
    According to this its maintenance http://www.mpgh.net/forum/186-combat...des-fixes.html

Try re-installing the game

Since you said it worked for you before.

I Read All Of My PM's & VM's
    If you need help with anything, just let me know.

VM | PM

Publicist Since 04.04.2015
    Middleman Since Unknown - Unknown
    Global Moderator Since 08.01.2013
    Donator Since 05.29.2013

Minion+ Since 04.18.2013

District 187 Minion Since 04.04.2013
    Steam Minion Since 02.26.2013
    WarRock Minion Since 02.19.2013
    A.V.A Minion Since 02.13.2013
    DayZ Minion Since 01.21.2013
    Combat Arms Minion Since 12.26.2012
    Contributor Since 11.16.2012
    Member Since 05.11.2010

NOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOBNOOB
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    Try to flush your DNS Cache.
    Open the Start menu.
    Go to Run.
    If you do not see the Run command in Vista, search for "run" in the Search bar.
    In the Run text box, type: ipconfig /flushdns
    Press Enter or Return, and your cache will be flushed.

Refund Services Still RESUMED!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Apeiron View Post
    Maybe it's due to your location?
    Can't be, since I've been playing CA for 2 years now and this never happened before.

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Flengo View Post
    According to this its maintenance http://www.mpgh.net/forum/186-combat...des-fixes.html

Try re-installing the game

Since you said it worked for you before.
    It's definitely not the servers being in the middle of a maintenance 'cause my friends were able to play CA without problems except me. And it was happening at the same time.

---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Allen View Post
    Try to flush your DNS Cache.
    Open the Start menu.
    Go to Run.
    If you do not see the Run command in Vista, search for "run" in the Search bar.
    In the Run text box, type: ipconfig /flushdns
    Press Enter or Return, and your cache will be flushed.
    I've tried it and nope, still getting that error. And just to "double-check", you said to type in ""ipconfig /flushdns" (without quotation marks obviously), does the slash (/) refers to "or"? Or do I just copy/paste "ipconfig /flushdns" (without the quotation marks)?
    I know you must be wondering "Why not just 'trial-on-error'?" But I'm afraid I might have did something wrong, hehe...
    Last edited by OMG1OMG; 11-17-2012 at 02:03 AM. Reason: Added in a few more words

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by OMG1OMG View Post
    Can't be, since I've been playing CA for 2 years now and this never happened before.

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

It's definitely not the servers being in the middle of a maintenance 'cause my friends were able to play CA without problems except me. And it was happening at the same time.

---------- Post added at 03:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:51 PM ----------

I've tried it and nope, still getting that error. And just to "double-check", you said to type in ""ipconfig /flushdns" (without quotation marks obviously), does the slash (/) refers to "or"? Or do I just copy/paste "ipconfig /flushdns" (without the quotation marks)?
    I know you must be wondering "Why not just 'trial-on-error'?" But I'm afraid I might have did something wrong, hehe...
    It's the entire phrase "ipconfig/flushdns"

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed

It's the entire phrase "ipconfig/flushdns"
    I typed in "ipconfig/flushdns" and it said it couldn't find it.
    Just in case you're wondering for whatever reason, haha, here's what's going on.
    If I type in "ipconfig /flushdns" (with space) in the Run Window, a Command Prompt Window will appear for like... A split second? And then it closes automatically. It's very short, I couldn't see what was written in it.
    But if I type in ipconfig/flushdns (without space) in the Run Window, it gives me some sort of Error Window saying it couldn't be found and asked to see if I have typed in anything wrongly...
    But either way, I still can't start up CA and neither can I log in into the CA website. (Thanks for the suggestions though )

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Quote Originally Posted by OMG1OMG View Post
    I typed in "ipconfig/flushdns" and it said it couldn't find it.
    Just in case you're wondering for whatever reason, haha, here's what's going on.
    If I type in "ipconfig /flushdns" (with space) in the Run Window, a Command Prompt Window will appear for like... A split second? And then it closes automatically. It's very short, I couldn't see what was written in it.
    But if I type in ipconfig/flushdns (without space) in the Run Window, it gives me some sort of Error Window saying it couldn't be found and asked to see if I have typed in anything wrongly...
    But either way, I still can't start up CA and neither can I log in into the CA website. (Thanks for the suggestions though )
    1. Search for "cmd"
    2. Run "cmd" as admin.
    3. Type in "ipconfig/flushdns" without spaces.

You don't type it in the "Run" window.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed

1. Search for "cmd"
    2. Run "cmd" as admin.
    3. Type in "ipconfig/flushdns" without spaces.

You don't type it in the "Run" window.
    Nope, didn't work. But in the "cmd" Window, it did say that the whatever DNS Cache has been flushed. I've tried this while being an Admin and not being an Admin. (still getting the same error)