MODS/MINIONS if you find this post unnecessary then lock it.
Do you have problems playing Combat Arms? Do you want more FPS? Then look no further
Alright fooks, i realize there are people out there that can play combat arms, but not efficiently, or perhaps they cant play at all!
NOT because of errors, but because they dont have enough RAM or a good enough processor, or even a decent video card.
Well, for those of you who cant afford to make an upgrade to your PC im gonna give you a few tips on how to possible speed up your game play, and make it a bit more enjoyable.
NOTE: These may not work for everyone. Results may vary.
Ok, lets start with some key steps on boosting that game play speed:
1. Make sure you dont have a lot of programs/anything going. Music players,movies, all that good stuff can slow down those FPS! (Frame rates per second)
2. If you can, then try to close your anti virus software while playing. Dont just disable or turn it off either, actually close/exit it out.
3. DO NOT DO VIRUS SCANNING WHILE PLAYING. This can very easily take down FPS big time, especially if you arent running Dual-core.
4. Download and then run CCleaner. I will not provide a link due to forum rules, but you can very easily find it by using Google. This program removes old download history, cach, cookies, etc. I have deleted over 2 gigs of space before after running it.
5. Close other unnecessary programs. Programs such as AIM, MSN, Yahoo, etc, dont need to be open. Internet is also one of them. For instance, Mozilla takes up 135k for me in memory. No big deal for me though
6. Get Gamebooster. Google it. For some people this works great, for others its a complete waste of time. Dont ask how to use it either, because it is VERY self explanatory.
7. Defragment your system. This can help a lot. Defraging puts files in a nice little order so your system can find and use them a little easier.
8. Run disk cleanup. Disk cleanup will remove all the un-needed things on your computer such as old downloads etc. I would just recommend using CCleaner.
9. There is a way to make everything in combat arms including walls and people white. You have to delete some texture files. If anyone knows what files, please post and i will add them in here. Names of them that is.
10. CHAM. Chamming makes everyone about 2 different colors. The parts of them you can see, and the parts you cant. Therefore your system dosnt have to load 50 different colors of a person, now about 2 main colors.
11. Processes. Make sure that there are no processes going that shouldnt be. If there are, end them. Only do this if you really know what you are doing. Also, try running Engine.exe on high priority. NOT RECOMENDED AS IT MAY SLOW OTHER THINGS WAY DOWN.
Thats about all i can think of right now. If this guide helped you, then please hit that little blue "Thanks" button at the bottom of the post. \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/