Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    jana1997's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    3
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    0

    Combat Arms wont download?

    Hello,

    My smaller brother deleted Combat Arms on my computer by mistake, and I have tried to download it back several times, but it keeps saying "An error occurred during installation. Please try again / [ERROR Code = -40]" or something like that when I download it directly, but when I download it from pressing "Play Game" the download goes on for a couple of minutes, and after finished all the "Combat Arms Cabs" it stops on something called, "Games\CHARS M BODY.rez (73 out of 102 files installed ) [Error Code = -40] Installation Failed.(11207,0)" Please can you guys help me? I've deleted it from my C Drive so there are no traces of Combat Arms on my computer, I have also ran CCleaner, I am running on a 64 bit Windows 8.1.

    Thanks and Regards,
    Jana
    Last edited by jana1997; 03-10-2014 at 11:26 AM.

  2. #2
    maddoggy00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    3,414
    Reputation
    637
    Thanks
    5,314
    Ignoring your troubleshooting already completed, as it appears you've already done most of it, it sounds like:

    -something still exists in C:\Nexon // solution: recheck and delete
    -the file you are downloading is corrupted (Nexon server issue) // solution: keep trying until it works
    -the download is being interrupted on your end of things, and the installation is trying to commence from an incomplete download // solution: check your firewall/AV/modem connectivity/try using an ethernet cable (instead of wifi). If the download ETA is 1 hour, and it begins installing after 30 minutes, then it's probably your connection somewhere.
    -the file is corrupted because you have a bad sector on your drive, or you don't have enough empty space on your drive // solution: get a new drive

    edit: it could also be a W8 issue. You could try checking to see if any system updates affect it by rolling the system back to the original install date.
    Last edited by maddoggy00; 03-10-2014 at 01:25 PM.

    As of 9/17, I will be away for a few days due to medical reasons. Should be back up soon. Please refer to a GM or other mods in whatever particular section you need help with.



    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    I'm playing legit with my hacks
    MSN/Email/Skype: maddoggy00@aol.com
    If you add me on skype without an explicit message stating who you are on MPGH, you will be denied and blocked.

    Feel free to donate if I helped you earn some $$

    Tutorials for consoles and hacks

    Woo.exe Oath Mode with Next Map option, Follow-Bot, Master map (runs any S1 map), Two Moons, Mining. Requires a .dll with hacks for full functionality.

  3. #3
    jana1997's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    3
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by maddoggy00 View Post
    Ignoring your troubleshooting already completed, as it appears you've already done most of it, it sounds like:

    -something still exists in C:\Nexon // solution: recheck and delete
    -the file you are downloading is corrupted (Nexon server issue) // solution: keep trying until it works
    -the download is being interrupted on your end of things, and the installation is trying to commence from an incomplete download // solution: check your firewall/AV/modem connectivity/try using an ethernet cable (instead of wifi). If the download ETA is 1 hour, and it begins installing after 30 minutes, then it's probably your connection somewhere.
    -the file is corrupted because you have a bad sector on your drive, or you don't have enough empty space on your drive // solution: get a new drive

    edit: it could also be a W8 issue. You could try checking to see if any system updates affect it by rolling the system back to the original install date.
    Thanks for your response, I am connected directly to the modem, hence no wifi connectivity, The download starts at once. I have checked and kept deleting the Nexon folder from my C Drive and tried reinstalling it, but still no luck, I have tried restoring my computer back to the last update I've had and tried download it, I've gotten past the RezCHAR error, and now I'm getting "Error Code -60." By the way, I have disabled my Firewall because in the beginning I would get a pop up saying, "Smartscreen has blocked your download for unwanted malware" but even after disabling it, I tried to download it, but still no use, as for my antivirus, Norton expired a couple of days ago, and I'm going to have to get it renewed, although I don't think that can cause the problem.

    Thanks and Regards,
    Jana
    Last edited by jana1997; 03-10-2014 at 08:56 PM.

  4. #4
    maddoggy00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    3,414
    Reputation
    637
    Thanks
    5,314
    Quote Originally Posted by jana1997 View Post
    Thanks for your response, I am connected directly to the modem, hence no wifi connectivity, The download starts at once. I have checked and kept deleting the Nexon folder from my C Drive and tried reinstalling it, but still no luck, I have tried restoring my computer back to the last update I've had and tried download it, I've gotten past the RezCHAR error, and now I'm getting "Error Code -60." By the way, I have disabled my Firewall because in the beginning I would get a pop up saying, "Smartscreen has blocked your download for unwanted malware" but even after disabling it, I tried to download it, but still no use, as for my antivirus, Norton expired a couple of days ago, and I'm going to have to get it renewed, although I don't think that can cause the problem.

    Thanks and Regards,
    Jana
    I'd uninstall Norton (completely...), but it sounds like something on your end is messing with the download. In any case, good luck!

    As of 9/17, I will be away for a few days due to medical reasons. Should be back up soon. Please refer to a GM or other mods in whatever particular section you need help with.



    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    I'm playing legit with my hacks
    MSN/Email/Skype: maddoggy00@aol.com
    If you add me on skype without an explicit message stating who you are on MPGH, you will be denied and blocked.

    Feel free to donate if I helped you earn some $$

    Tutorials for consoles and hacks

    Woo.exe Oath Mode with Next Map option, Follow-Bot, Master map (runs any S1 map), Two Moons, Mining. Requires a .dll with hacks for full functionality.

  5. #5
    jana1997's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    3
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by maddoggy00 View Post


    I'd uninstall Norton (completely...), but it sounds like something on your end is messing with the download. In any case, good luck!
    Thanks, I've tried uninstalling it, but still no use, thanks though, I guess I'll hold off for a bit and download it again some time next week. Thanks for your help! It's dearly appreciated.

  6. #6
    Egghead1019's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    441
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    169
    My Mood
    Amazed
    Quote Originally Posted by jana1997 View Post
    Thanks, I've tried uninstalling it, but still no use, thanks though, I guess I'll hold off for a bit and download it again some time next week. Thanks for your help! It's dearly appreciated.
    This seems like a silly question but is your C drive have enough space on it to fit the download.
    Epic

Similar Threads

  1. Combat arms wont download
    By Luukzorika in forum Suggestions, Requests & Help
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-28-2009, 10:11 AM
  2. [Release] USE OPK FOR COMBAT ARMS NO DOWNLOAD UNPATCHABLE AND UNDETECTABLE!!!
    By wetrichard in forum Combat Arms Hacks & Cheats
    Replies: 114
    Last Post: 05-24-2009, 10:40 AM
  3. How to Spam On Combat Arms No Download
    By Emmanuel in forum Combat Arms Hacks & Cheats
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-30-2009, 04:01 PM
  4. Combat Arms wont start
    By smellyjoe in forum Combat Arms Hacks & Cheats
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-03-2009, 09:38 PM
  5. Help Combat arms wont open
    By 95king in forum Combat Arms Hacks & Cheats
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-08-2008, 07:08 PM