when i choose a prestige and level it changes but when i close the game it doesn't save. (lv70 prestige 10 to level 70 prestige 9)
i tried to play a game first and then close the game but that doesn't help.
deleting the save files and disable and re-enable steam cloud sync worked for me.
i'll explain in detail:
1. Right click MW2 in your Steam library > Properties > Update tab > Untick Cloud Sync.
2. Navigate to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\call of duty modern warfare 2\players
3. Delete every single .stat file you see.
4. Then navigate to: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata
There may be one or more folders here that consist of random numbers.
I recommend using the search feature in Windows explorer. You are looking for a folder called 10190.
5. After you have found the '10190' folder, enter it and go into the 'remote' folder.
6. Delete everything inside the 'remote' folder.
7. Open MW2 Multiplayer to see your new rank. use the stats hack.
8. Play and rank up to Level 5 and then close the game.
9. Re-enable Steam Cloud Sync as shown in Step 1.
10. open mw2 now steam asks for syncing your files from the cloud to your pc (your old stats) or to sync from pc (new stats) to the cloud. choose the last one and your new stats are saved on your pc and in the steam cloud.