Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Welcome Back to MPGH.

Thanks
    thank you :3

For every dark night, there's a brighter day.
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Welcome back to MPGH.
    BY REAP

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by dakr54 View Post
    Lol you are clearly blinded by your own ignorance. Your writing is full of fluff and no content. You don't communicate your ideas effectively and try to impress with big words. What's the difference between what I am writing and what you wrote? I said what I wanted to say without the reader requiring a Ph.D. in English. Intelligence does not depend on one factor moron, a person can suck at communicating ideas but be a genius at math. See what I'm saying? Now stop pretending to be an English teacher because based on what you wrote you suck at it. By the way, read this Strunk, William, Jr. 1918. The Elements of Style if you want to impress your e-friends with your "command" of the English language. You need to get this idea through your head: this is a forum where people can communicate as they like, and you don't set a precedent for others in this matter.

PS: do you even know what pretentious means? You fit the definition more than I.
    I think you mean arrogance, not ignorance, don't mix up words. That's silly and stupid. Secondly, I fail to see how my words ring empty. If you can understand them, then you should have no problem understanding what I am trying to convey. So, so far the primary difference between you and me that I can spot clearly is that my vocabulary, and my level comprehension, comes naturally to me while you seem to have the comprehension skills, grammar, attitude, and vernacular of 12 year old who thinks he's on top of the world, because he knows his ABCs better than the rest of his class mates. If you are not, than you might want to work on those.

Thirdly, you are correct. Intelligence is dependent on a variety of phenotypes and genotypes such as social upbringing, formality and quality of education, social class, peers, and of course, your genetic disposition. I for example, excel in English and understanding a variety of advanced scientific concepts, but do relatively worse comprehending the mathematical mechanics behind them. However, the rift isn't so large for me not to excel in mathematics anyway. If the rift is truly significant, this is usually due to a poor education, and not mental potential. Or worse, you can have a learning disability or a rare mental disorder such as savant syndrome.

Fourth, don't insult my intelligence by directing me to a guide on proper grammar, a guide I actually took the time to skim through, when you don't even follow basic grammatical rules. Practice what you preach. If you're going to dictate me to follow grammatical rules that every high school student is should be familiar with, follow them yourself. That makes you not only dull, but also a hypocrite, bravo.

Fifth. The definition of pretentious, as defined by Merriam Webster.

You are a great example as you pretend to be intelligent and literate, when in fact you have shown yourself to be pretty dumb and too big for your britches.

But I digress. The core of my argument, which seems to have gone sailing over your head, is that you're right. This is not a college board, proper grammar is not mandatory. But is sure as hell speaks volumes about who you are. If you go out of your way to use formal English instead of bootlegged leetspeak, than you are more than likely to be an individual of some intelligence. It's not the grammar, it's the intelligence required to possess it. You don't want to, then don't. But you will not gain the same degree of respect from the community. Good sentence structure is recommended, not dictated. Despite that, you'll see many members here that use good grammar. I am morbid, cynical, grammar nazi. My grammar isn't perfect, but it sure as hell is better than yours. And I am sure as hell smarter than you.

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love
    Damn Cthulhu went ham on your ass @dakr54

GF
    When you take dicks instead of jokes

#Royce4PermaBan2013

How liz feels about all of this

Troll for a troll and a flame for a flame.
    [/CENTER]

The tongue weighs practically nothing, but so few people can hold it.
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    Welcome back to MPGH
    Rep/Thank me if I helped you

“Trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if it's broken, but you can still see the crack in that motherfucker's reflection.”
    - Lady Gaga
    NFS World id: MCM4U (APEX)

Battlefield Play4Free id: midhcm

Thanks
    Dat date, Glad to have you back

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    I'll be damned. Welcome back.

Thanks
    lol 4 years nice to be here

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sad
    same as me
    welcome back
    m i rite?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    welcome to MPGH
    give thanks/rep if i helped you

NFS World id: Lotey13 (APEX) / 919501177370 (CHICANE)

Leecher: 0 (√)
    Choob: 25 (√)
    Newbie: 50 (√)
    Member: 100 (√)
    Advanced Member: 150 (√)
    Dual-Keyboard Member: 250 (X)
    Expert Member: 500 (X)
    Bobo's Trainer: 750 (X)
    MPGH Expert: 1000 (X)
    Synthetic Hacker: 1250 (X)
    Blackhat Hacker: 1500 (X)
    Whitehat Hacker: 2000 (X)
    Bobo's Guardian: 2500 (X)
    Upcoming MPGHiean: 3000 (X)
    MPGH Addict: 3500 (X)
    MPGHiean: 4000 (X)
    MPGH Knight: 4500 (X)
    MPGH Lord: 5000 (X)
    MPGH Champion: 5500 (X)
    MPGH King: 6000 (X)
    MPGH Legend: 6500 (X)
    MPGH God: 7000 (X)
    MPGH God II: 7500 (X)
    MPGH God III: 8000 (X)
    MPGH God IV: 8500 (X)
    MPGH God V: 9000 (X)
    Arun's Slave: 9500 (X)
    Dave's Slave: 10000 (X)

In the immortal words of Clark Whatsisname -- up, up and away!
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Goofy
    Quote Originally Posted by Poison View Post
    id be at 4 years also if i had my old account ill try and remember the pass
    hahahaha forget the password retrieve it?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Azathᴏth View Post

I think you mean arrogance, not ignorance, don't mix up words. That's silly and stupid. Secondly, I fail to see how my words ring empty. If you can understand them, then you should have no problem understanding what I am trying to convey. So, so far the primary difference between you and me that I can spot clearly is that my vocabulary, and my level comprehension, comes naturally to me while you seem to have the comprehension skills, grammar, attitude, and vernacular of 12 year old who thinks he's on top of the world, because he knows his ABCs better than the rest of his class mates. If you are not, than you might want to work on those.

Thirdly, you are correct. Intelligence is dependent on a variety of phenotypes and genotypes such as social upbringing, formality and quality of education, social class, peers, and of course, your genetic disposition. I for example, excel in English and understanding a variety of advanced scientific concepts, but do relatively worse comprehending the mathematical mechanics behind them. However, the rift isn't so large for me not to excel in mathematics anyway. If the rift is truly significant, this is usually due to a poor education, and not mental potential. Or worse, you can have a learning disability or a rare mental disorder such as savant syndrome.

Fourth, don't insult my intelligence by directing me to a guide on proper grammar, a guide I actually took the time to skim through, when you don't even follow basic grammatical rules. Practice what you preach. If you're going to dictate me to follow grammatical rules that every high school student is should be familiar with, follow them yourself. That makes you not only dull, but also a hypocrite, bravo.

Fifth. The definition of pretentious, as defined by Merriam Webster.

You are a great example as you pretend to be intelligent and literate, when in fact you have shown yourself to be pretty dumb and too big for your britches.

But I digress. The core of my argument, which seems to have gone sailing over your head, is that you're right. This is not a college board, proper grammar is not mandatory. But is sure as hell speaks volumes about who you are. If you go out of your way to use formal English instead of bootlegged leetspeak, than you are more than likely to be an individual of some intelligence. It's not the grammar, it's the intelligence required to possess it. You don't want to, then don't. But you will not gain the same degree of respect from the community. Good sentence structure is recommended, not dictated. Despite that, you'll see many members here that use good grammar. I am morbid, cynical, grammar nazi. My grammar isn't perfect, but it sure as hell is better than yours. And I am sure as hell smarter than you.
    Look, I know what you are saying. Yea, you "look" smarter when you use bigger words and complex sentence structure, but does that really make you smart? Trust me, there is more demand in jobs that require math and science (and it's good that you excel in science ) What are you really going to do with your degree in english or language or whatever? Make a newspaper? lol at best you are going to become a teacher, which there is nothing wrong in that but still...you could be better paying jobs out there for you. and no I didn't mean arrogance, I seriously think that you presented your argument without any intelligence behind it. Seriously, this wasn't even about you; I was just sticking up for the guy that you so "pretentiously" attacked, and yes I know what that means no need for a dictionary. You're asking me to practice what I preach, but look I'm not preaching anything am i? I never told you to use bootlegged leetspeak or whatever jargon you have for that, I just said people can communicate in any way they choose; which you sort of understand. no? I'm not trying to be mean here, you seem like a nice person but when you go out and call me stupid for not using perfect grammar when your grammar clearly sucks from what I just read; that's what I call a hypocrite, not what you called me. By the way you probably are smarter than me, I admit it? But you're trying to tell me that people who don't know all the grammatical rules in a language are stupid? Yea, like i said, language is important but it doesn't power the world on its own. Language is just a means for people to communicate, and that's awesome. When I go to a forum or text or email my friends or facebook or whatever it is I don't have in mind that this is an assignment or some paper I'm doing, I'm just enjoying the moment communicating. You have 1 point that i will agree with; first impressions are everything. I steered clear of insulting you in my arguments but you didn't. That showed me something too. I hope you can see that I'm not here to attack you. PS: I already gained all the respect i wanted from this community and trust me its not worth it even if it was a little bit.

The point here is that I was only defending OP because he didn't have it in his mind that this was a paper, as you choose to tackle it. He just wanted to get a message across I'm sorry if I came off as a 12 year old who is too big for his britches. But seriously, what's wrong with being 12? You were there once, we aren't all the same (not saying im 12 lol). I didn't want to refute everything that you wrote because naturally that's impossible and you did have some good points, but also out of lack of time. Peace and i hope however you respond, you don't do with the intent of getting revenge on me or whatever.
    Last edited by dakr54; 11-04-2012 at 06:46 AM.

In the immortal words of Clark Whatsisname -- up, up and away!
    MPGH Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Goofy
    flame war going on here or what

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Praxeus View Post
    flame war going on here or what
    I don't know because I'm not flaming anyone here. Just defending OP.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast