This is an in-depth guide of how HS works, the antihack works very similar like PunkBuster. This is just a quick guide for those who does not what Hackshield does and how it protects hackers (poorly)
How does it detect?
It does this by scanning the memory contents of the local machine. A computer identified as using cheats may be banned from connecting to protected servers or in Combat Arms cases, removed the players and force crashes the game or banning the account.
Why is it so slow?
Simply, the antihack is a bot, unless the security company place the a dresses into the server files, the hack can't be 'detected' unless the bot changes the address/source coding.
* Real-time scanning of memory, a feature also prominent in many spyware programs, by placing a Hackshield Client on players' computers searching for known hacks/cheats using a built-in database.
* Throttled two-tiered background auto-update system using multiple Internet Master Servers to provide end-user security ensuring that no false or corrupted updates can be installed on players' computers.
* Frequent status reports (encrypted) are sent to the Hackshield Server by all players. When necessary, the server raises a violation which (depending upon settings) will cause the offending player to be removed from the game.
* Admins (GM) can also manually remove players from the game for a specified number of minutes or permanently ban if desired.
* Servers can optionally be configured to randomly check player settings looking for known exploits of the game engine.
*Servers can be configured to instruct clients to calculate partial MD5 hashes of files inside the game installation directory. The results are compared against a set configuration and differences logged, and optionally, the client removed from the server.
Admins can request actual screenshot samples from specific players and/or can configure the server to randomly grab screenshot samples from players during gameplay. However, it is possible for a game hack to block screenshots (producing a black screenshot) or remove all visual features of a hack (cleaning the screenshot) to remain undetected, leaving the effectiveness of this feature diminished.
An optional "bad name" facility is provided so that Admins can prevent players from using offensive player names containing unwanted profanity or racial slurs.
* Search functions are provided for Admins who wish to search player's keybindings and scripts for anything that may be known to exploit the game.
*Player Power facility (Elites) can be configured to allow players to self-administer game servers when the Server Administrator is not present entirely without the need for passwords, in which the players can call votes to have a player removed from the server for a certain amount of time.
*Servers have an optional built-in mini HTTP web server interface that allows the game server to be remotely administered via a web browser from anywhere over the Internet.
Admins can stream their server logs in real time to another location. Non-profit organizations like Anti-Cheat Inc, Community Ban List.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mouzie For This Useful Post:
If they can take screen shots of in-gameplay. Wouldnt that make it real easy for them to hand out bans.
Why not use that more often?
(I didn't read the whole guide but good info)
Yes and no.
Simple, if I makes three headshots in the row and it screenshotted me, they can't ban me because even thought it looks like I am hacking, I could be innocent or in cases not.
They do screenshots you, which is why you have GMs running around, the reason it takes a while because they are justifying your rights, they are making sure you're a legit player then randomly banning people, hints why this is taking a long time for a person with chams, they can't see what you're doing, only VAC and PB can do that, HS can't.