Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 39 of 39
  1. #31
    Shakugan no Shana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    female
    Location
    ...
    Posts
    5,213
    Reputation
    176
    Thanks
    830
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Jew View Post
    It was your logic about the camping and game pace. I explained that wasn't totally true as Red Orchestra and other games which REQUIRED you to use sights are quite fast paced and simple. Yes there was camping, but it was pretty fair with someone using a sniper or a machine gun.
    Oh, I'm simply reiterating what the Nexon staff has said during iron sight discussion. If you think about it, it would slow the pace down. If you can ADS and have much less spread, why would you run up to a person to shoot them because your crosshairs are spreaded too far? It makes it easier to get distance kills and removes the run 'n' gun aspect of the game.

  2. #32
    Mouzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Saegertown
    Posts
    9,151
    Reputation
    520
    Thanks
    2,036
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by L View Post


    Oh, I'm simply reiterating what the Nexon staff has said during iron sight discussion. If you think about it, it would slow the pace down. If you can ADS and have much less spread, why would you run up to a person to shoot them because your crosshairs are spreaded too far? It makes it easier to get distance kills and removes the run 'n' gun aspect of the game.
    I can see where you're going at, but I still disagree with it. But don't want to keep discussing some boring stuff that you might not like. xD

  3. #33
    spidermanftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Superheros never tell there location
    Posts
    1,237
    Reputation
    21
    Thanks
    171
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by PID3RMAN View Post
    also yhu cant aim without firing
    im pretty sure you can aim down iron sight mod without firing, i would make that mod but i dont have the time to currently.
    Im your firendly neighborhood spiderman!

  4. #34
    spidermanftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Superheros never tell there location
    Posts
    1,237
    Reputation
    21
    Thanks
    171
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by L View Post


    I've seen that too. My idea for 'iron sights' that would work in the CA game engine was to create an invisible scope that is default for every gun. Since CA uses pictures for scopes, the scope would come up with a low zoom iron sight image when right clicked.

    The reason iron sights aren't ever going to be added to CA is because of the game speed. Iron sights would simply promote camping and slow down the pace of the game. CA is a run 'n' gun shooter and Nexon would like it to stay that way.



    PS: Thanks for a legitimate bump that actually contributed to the thread!
    well you can move scope off screen but it only works for one gun at a time as there is only 1 dtx file per scope for every gun.
    Im your firendly neighborhood spiderman!

  5. #35
    kolec94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Davenport,IA
    Posts
    1,784
    Reputation
    2
    Thanks
    104
    i like the iron sight mods


  6. #36
    Shakugan no Shana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    female
    Location
    ...
    Posts
    5,213
    Reputation
    176
    Thanks
    830
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by spidermanftw View Post
    well you can move scope off screen but it only works for one gun at a time as there is only 1 dtx file per scope for every gun.
    I have no clue what you're trying to say. My idea is for the Lithtech game engine and has to do with if Nexon decided to implement Iron Sights.

    Mouzie, please continue, it's nice to have an intellectual debate for once.

  7. #37
    aeronyx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    /210/
    Posts
    11,238
    Reputation
    1211
    Thanks
    4,972
    Quote Originally Posted by L View Post


    I have no clue what you're trying to say. My idea is for the Lithtech game engine and has to do with if Nexon decided to implement Iron Sights.

    Mouzie, please continue, it's nice to have an intellectual debate for once.
    I was gonna close this thread because of bumping, but it's nice to see a debate that's not full of 0M9 U N00BZ, Y U NO UND3RST4NDZ DAT I I5 RI9H7 & U I5 RONGS?

    And it hasn't gone so far off topic that it's like a derailed train. Quite the contrary, it's on topic.

    Continue, comrades.

    LOLOLOL.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to aeronyx For This Useful Post:

    Shakugan no Shana (11-29-2011)

  9. #38
    Mouzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Saegertown
    Posts
    9,151
    Reputation
    520
    Thanks
    2,036
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by L View Post


    I have no clue what you're trying to say. My idea is for the Lithtech game engine and has to do with if Nexon decided to implement Iron Sights.

    Mouzie, please continue, it's nice to have an intellectual debate for once.
    Like I said, saying adding iron-sights will slow down gamepace is wrong. As a modder for many FPS games. Iron-sights allowed gaining a sense of being 'there'. Crosshair are arcade gameplay, which I get your point about that. But at the same time, iron sights required some skills. Except in COD which is a massive clusterfuck of bullets going straight. Look at games like STALKER, which I highly recommend you should play. It got a fast-paced survival horror. Red Orchestra is another popular game that I suggest you should buy and play. The need of iron-sights is needed in both games. Does it slow down the gamepace? No! Does it promote camping? Not really, but Red Orchestra balanced it out. Instead of everyone being snipers and camping. Red Orchestra restrict the number of snipers. Around 2-3, they were support troops and many players saw them as thus. When you sniped from across the map, 99.9% of the players will not complain. It's your job. To balanced the bullshit like in CA, only a specific numbers of players are allowed to be in assault class. Again this is around.. 3-6 players who can use SMGs, ARs, etc. Yet the game flows smoothly, why? Red Orchestra encourages tactical gameplay. Buy Red Orchestra and play and you'll see that EVERYONE is during their roles to the best of their skills. Machine gunners is supported by light infantry, snipers are fighting snipers and picking off officers. Sorry for the huge post, but I figured I would make it easier for you to see my point.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Mouzie For This Useful Post:

    Shakugan no Shana (11-30-2011)

  11. #39
    hellocool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    in a nice, cozy house
    Posts
    19
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirvana View Post


    The closest thing to that is to make an iron sight for a specific gun,and then replace the texture for the scope with that,so whenever you have that scope, you can right click and instead of the scope it's the ironsight,some downsides though are that it doesn't feel that well since the scope is still visible on the gun, and it affects any gun you have with that scope.
    well then i guess another thing that could be done is rather than duplicating a scope and working on that, modify one of the 2 ACOGs to be iron sights. i've seen in the past people modify fire rates, reloads etc with .rez files (like the RPG mod i saw a while back, it could shoot as fast as an assault rifle) so based on that i assume same could be done for scopes. people have modded knifes and guns etc, so the scope could be modded to be nothing bigger than a needle tip, and the values could be modified to make reduce the zoom and make the scope dragging faster to make it feel like an iron sight. i realize that nexon will never legally put in iron sights, another reason for that is it would render some of their most profiting nx guns (such as the M4A1 sopmod) less profitable since other, basic NX guns could carry similar accuracy. maybe even modifying the itech reflex to have a better drag speed and remove the scoped in layer, it (i assume) would probably be less work since the zoom in itself is low enough to be used as iron sights, so only thing to be modified would be the drag speed while scoped in.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123