Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking
    Quote Originally Posted by FroggeReborn View Post
    Watever Nexon is doing to fix the servers that arent doing a good job, there to lazy of fuck asses to even tell us when it will be back up
    How about you try it before flaming them... It's not just a walk in the park especially if they got DDOS'd like Dave says. You probably wouldn't even understand 99% of the shit they're doing. And those "lazy fuck asses" have been working this whole day to bring the servers back online and don't have the ETA because they don't know it themselves. Now don't you feel like an asshole?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Unicow For This Useful Post:

spidermanftw (08-07-2011)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed
    ok people yes nexon fails but atleast they care to get the game back up to be able to play

ITS A FREE GAME...what do you expect? really stop bitchin what they do or dont do...
    they'll fix it when ever they want...whatcha going to do? -_-
    Question ALL statements! ?
    You're in denial that you're in denial. ?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused
    I, being a network administrator had 2 of the following theories on why things were down. I know this much, everytime I would access the page , I would recieve a 324 error on the page, which usually, not always but usually is evident in most DDOS attacks as listed by some of the responses on this site already. However, one thing I noticed was that it wasn't just NA that was hit, it was EU and JP as well. Connecting to Proxies in JP and EU to test this was how i found out. Also a couple of things which lead me to believe it's more than just a DDOS attack was that when i did a sequential lookup using ARIN and Whois of the iCANN Registry, I found statuses on the domains registered under Godaddy with outside DNS to UltraDNS which i believe is based in VA. Nonetheless the SRV records were returning Status:ServerResponseProhibited. most of the time that i have seen this is when someone has access to the Root DN of the DNS entry for the host and site and they remove the SRV records and information files linking to it, even worse, a Simple Fix of replacing these DNS records could take alot of time. PTR's CNAMES, A Records and such. Just think on the global scale, all the DNS records for all the servers, all the Hosted spaces. Just to name a few....This is my theory that it was more of a DNS Attack moreso, as it shows way more evidence of that than just simple DDOS. Just my .02

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    Quote Originally Posted by osiruskillz View Post
    I, being a network administrator had 2 of the following theories on why things were down. I know this much, everytime I would access the page , I would recieve a 324 error on the page, which usually, not always but usually is evident in most DDOS attacks as listed by some of the responses on this site already. However, one thing I noticed was that it wasn't just NA that was hit, it was EU and JP as well. Connecting to Proxies in JP and EU to test this was how i found out. Also a couple of things which lead me to believe it's more than just a DDOS attack was that when i did a sequential lookup using ARIN and Whois of the iCANN Registry, I found statuses on the domains registered under Godaddy with outside DNS to UltraDNS which i believe is based in VA. Nonetheless the SRV records were returning Status:ServerResponseProhibited. most of the time that i have seen this is when someone has access to the Root DN of the DNS entry for the host and site and they remove the SRV records and information files linking to it, even worse, a Simple Fix of replacing these DNS records could take alot of time. PTR's CNAMES, A Records and such. Just think on the global scale, all the DNS records for all the servers, all the Hosted spaces. Just to name a few....This is my theory that it was more of a DNS Attack moreso, as it shows way more evidence of that than just simple DDOS. Just my .02

That was one hell of a wall of text, but very informative. Use the enter button more often, and people won't tl;dr you.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic
    I just want Combat Arms to work today since it is my last day of Summer Vacation.
    Thats all I ever wanted when I came back from work.
    ~My Goals~
    1.Get 50 Posts[Not Done]

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    sucks for you.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Paranoid
    Combat Arms is up!

Edit:
    Gay nexon is gay they tricked me.
    Last edited by FrogIsHam; 08-07-2011 at 08:39 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool
    HELL FUKING YES1!1!

Unable to connect to server at logon screen?

Quote Originally Posted by FrogIsHam View Post
    Combat Arms is up!

Edit:
    Gay nexon is gay they tricked me.
    lol ......
    Last edited by Wone; 08-07-2011 at 08:41 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    Last I heard and checked it was only NA.

+ I heard about a power outage in Los Angeles today... seems more likely than a DDoS attack which they would usually make sure is known.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    They DDOSED nexon.net not the game website's when nexon.net went down all the game server's would end up crashing due to the fact there all interlinked so there site's would work but the games wouldn't xD
    User CP -> Edit Signature -> Make less then one line.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345