Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 36
  1. #16
    iAngeIiK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    In my room.
    Posts
    284
    Reputation
    11
    Thanks
    156
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    I'd check Newegg and wait for their deals on DIY/Special Combos. Saw a $302.00 combo with a 6550D, Llano quad core 3.3(?) I think it was, 4GB of DDR3 1333 RAM, and a 2TB HDD, and a badass orange case. Probably will be higher now due to the Thailand flooding issue.

  2. #17
    Mouzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Saegertown
    Posts
    9,151
    Reputation
    520
    Thanks
    2,036
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimateon View Post
    Advice build desktop pc...
    Get AMD because it has the most powerfull CPU/APU and GPU combinations and they are more stable...
    Besides any radeon from 68xx up is alot cheaper and is alot more powerfull then nvidia gpus...
    Really? When AMD lags severely behind 3D viewing and other important and popular things. So you're saying the AMD is cheaper? Wrong, AMD tend to be more expensive. Why pay more when Nvidia is more commonly used? In fact, most games support the Nividia cards and not AMD. If you're going to talk shit about Nvidia, then I suggests you do some research on cards.

    Quote Originally Posted by burgesSr View Post
    Not two video cards, depending on what it is.
    But crossfiring/SLing cheap cards ain't worth it.
    Not worth it? Sorry, have you ever used the SLI? I do, I run two 9800s with a Quad Core proccesser and yet I can play modern and graphic demanding games with ultra setting. I can play Crysis 2 with DX11, High Res Pack, and the newly upgraded HDR bloom system that causes a lot of people some problems. You can use the SLI for two cards (I used to use two 8800s which still could run GTA4 very well).
    Last edited by Mouzie; 11-17-2011 at 05:02 PM.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mouzie For This Useful Post:

    [MPGH]AVGN (11-18-2011)

  4. #18
    elcamu987's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    705
    Reputation
    1
    Thanks
    42
    My Mood
    Angelic
    i got a lenovo t61p it works great for combat arms and for pfp4f i get 100 fps

  5. #19
    ChimiBang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    South California
    Posts
    5,870
    Reputation
    152
    Thanks
    441
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by flameswor10 View Post
    A Desktop is more preferred for gaming though.
    Laptops tend to overheat easily.
    Nope. i bought a laptop just so i can game on the go for BF3 when i stay at hotels and such.
    I found it to never overheat and it stays under 70C when gaming. Can run Mw3 almost all high settings.
    And BF3 Medium settings. I can even Frap gameplay with 30-45 FPS in mw3 and bf3. In combat arms i can easily frap withing 125 fps or more. and get 800 fps ingame


    Multi

  6. #20
    Poison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    california
    Posts
    11,460
    Reputation
    524
    Thanks
    1,112
    buy a 700$ asus there all good

  7. #21
    remixdvd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Nowhere
    Posts
    848
    Reputation
    18
    Thanks
    321
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Go to CyberPower PC. - Custom Built Gaming PC and Gaming Laptops or iBUYPOWER Gaming PC: Custom Gaming Computers and Laptops and custom your laptop and you say your max is $800 well you can easily customize a Laptop that runs new games like Call of Duty (on Extra at more than 50 FPS) or Battlefield 3 (Low-Medium [Low and High has not that much difference in BF3] and at 30-45 FPS and Crysis 2 (1280x720 at High/Advance at more than 30 FPS and if you are scared about overheating buy a $5-$15 Laptop cooler.

    And I don't get it first of you can't upgrade laptop easily because of parts that are super huge and won't fit and he is talking about a Laptop not a Desktop.
    I am one of the founder of Fail Sause Prodution and Project Recon
    Call Of Duty - Modern Warfare inside of Combat Arms Click in the link below.(WIP)(DEAD)
    http://www.mpgh.net/forum/211-combat...mbat-arms.html



    The Biggest Project that I am currently doing:
    MODERN WARFARE 2 Into COMBAT ARMS

  8. #22
    burgesSr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    44
    Reputation
    26
    Thanks
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Jew View Post
    Really? When AMD lags severely behind 3D viewing and other important and popular things. So you're saying the AMD is cheaper? Wrong, AMD tend to be more expensive. Why pay more when Nvidia is more commonly used? In fact, most games support the Nividia cards and not AMD. If you're going to talk shit about Nvidia, then I suggests you do some research on cards.



    Not worth it? Sorry, have you ever used the SLI? I do, I run two 9800s with a Quad Core proccesser and yet I can play modern and graphic demanding games with ultra setting. I can play Crysis 2 with DX11, High Res Pack, and the newly upgraded HDR bloom system that causes a lot of people some problems. You can use the SLI for two cards (I used to use two 8800s which still could run GTA4 very well).
    I could play Crysis 2 with DX 11, High Res Pack using my old GTX 460 SE.
    I'm just saying you should get the best single card you can afford.

    Quote Originally Posted by ultimateon View Post
    Advice build desktop pc...
    Get AMD because it has the most powerfull CPU/APU and GPU combinations and they are more stable...
    Besides any radeon from 68xx up is alot cheaper and is alot more powerfull then nvidia gpus...
    Stop bullshitting.
    Nvidia has better cards than AMD.
    It's just that AMD is bang for your buck.
    But when you compare the best card of each brand, Nvidia would be better.
    Last edited by burgesSr; 11-17-2011 at 11:02 PM.

  9. #23
    Alen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Liquid Generator
    Posts
    27,930
    Reputation
    2539
    Thanks
    4,216
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Jew View Post
    Really? When AMD lags severely behind 3D viewing and other important and popular things. So you're saying the AMD is cheaper? Wrong, AMD tend to be more expensive. Why pay more when Nvidia is more commonly used? In fact, most games support the Nividia cards and not AMD. If you're going to talk shit about Nvidia, then I suggests you do some research on cards.
    v

    Quote Originally Posted by burgesSr View Post
    Stop bullshitting.
    Nvidia has better cards than AMD.
    It's just that AMD is bang for your buck.
    But when you compare the best card of each brand, Nvidia would be better.
    Exactly what BurgesSr said. Although Nvidia has some quasi user-friendliness and easily accessible feature-full control panels and programs, AMD doesn't lag behind it, if anything AMD generally tends to have far more raw power (bitcoin mining with Nvidia ... what a joke) and a bit more gaming power for the same price. Also don't just spew out BS which "most games" don't support AMD? Only those that rely solely on Physx could do so and the only one I know of is BridgeIt.

  10. #24
    Mouzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Saegertown
    Posts
    9,151
    Reputation
    520
    Thanks
    2,036
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post
    v



    Exactly what BurgesSr said. Although Nvidia has some quasi user-friendliness and easily accessible feature-full control panels and programs, AMD doesn't lag behind it, if anything AMD generally tends to have far more raw power (bitcoin mining with Nvidia ... what a joke) and a bit more gaming power for the same price. Also don't just spew out BS which "most games" don't support AMD? Only those that rely solely on Physx could do so and the only one I know of is BridgeIt.
    "Display Support
    On the AMD side, the Radeon HD 6000 line of graphics chips continues to support a minimum of three displays with a single card, just as the older HD 5000 series did. However, all HD 6000 cards have DisplayPort 1.2 built in. What that means is that monitors with DisplayPort 1.2 support can be daisy-chained, so that one card can drive up to six LCD panels. Nvidia’s support for DisplayPort has been lukewarm on consumer graphics cards, but individual card manufacturers have occasionally added DisplayPort connectors. Almost all monitors still ship with DVI connectors, though, so if you’re running one or two monitors, you’re in good shape with a single Nvidia card."

    "AMD has just begun adding stereoscopic 3D capability; the new Radeon HD 6000 series cards support stereoscopic 3D. In both games and Blu-ray movies, though, glasses must be obtained from third parties. Nvidia’s 3DVision offers robust stereoscopic 3D support, provided you’ve also got a PC monitor capable of running at the required 120Hz refresh rate. In addition, if you’re running an SLI setup, you can use 3DVision across three monitors, and the effect can be pretty startling. A system with an Nvidia card can connect to an HDTV and allow that TV’s native stereoscopic capability to work with the PC."

    "GPU Compute
    If you’re into GPU-compute applications, Nvidia still has the edge here. While newer applications are moving toward multi-vendor standards like DirectCompute and OpenCL, a large library of applications exists for Nvidia’s proprietary CUDA GPU-compute architecture, including the recently released Adobe Premiere Pro CS5’s Mercury Playback Engine. "

    Like I said AMD lags behind on some things. BS? Sir, do you even know what I mean with 'support'. A game company generally support one card more over the other. It has nothing to do with the card JUST being supported and has nothing to do with restriction. For example, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series and DirT 3 tend to lean toward AMD cards compare to Nvidia, but you can play it fine with Nvidia. You know this when they have a splash screen showing which card they approved of. This is the signature to know which card it is. If you're going to try and scold me try and have more knowledge. Right? It it also not JUST a video card, you need a good processor as well.


    Beside, lets stop arguing, I don't give a fuck if you like AMD more or whatever. Both cards are almost equal, I have a computer that got AMD, but I lean toward Nvidia because of it being flexible and more popular. We're all gaming in the end, that's all it matters.
    Last edited by Mouzie; 11-18-2011 at 11:00 AM.

  11. #25
    Alen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Liquid Generator
    Posts
    27,930
    Reputation
    2539
    Thanks
    4,216
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Jew View Post
    "Display Support
    On the AMD side, the Radeon HD 6000 line of graphics chips continues to support a minimum of three displays with a single card, just as the older HD 5000 series did. However, all HD 6000 cards have DisplayPort 1.2 built in. What that means is that monitors with DisplayPort 1.2 support can be daisy-chained, so that one card can drive up to six LCD panels. Nvidia’s support for DisplayPort has been lukewarm on consumer graphics cards, but individual card manufacturers have occasionally added DisplayPort connectors. Almost all monitors still ship with DVI connectors, though, so if you’re running one or two monitors, you’re in good shape with a single Nvidia card."
    > AMD > Nvidia

    lol? Helping me prove my point?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Jew View Post
    "AMD has just begun adding stereoscopic 3D capability; the new Radeon HD 6000 series cards support stereoscopic 3D. In both games and Blu-ray movies, though, glasses must be obtained from third parties. Nvidia’s 3DVision offers robust stereoscopic 3D support, provided you’ve also got a PC monitor capable of running at the required 120Hz refresh rate. In addition, if you’re running an SLI setup, you can use 3DVision across three monitors, and the effect can be pretty startling. A system with an Nvidia card can connect to an HDTV and allow that TV’s native stereoscopic capability to work with the PC."
    I have Nvidia's S3D, it isn't that great. Actually it's next to useless given the fact that most games fuck up, most screens aren't that great and they can't even include the drivers required in the download. AMD on the other hand can be used with a shitload of 3rd party tools that work great. No doubt that once games actually start supporting S3D properly AMD will have it's S3D capabilities on par with Nvidia.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Jew View Post
    "GPU Compute
    If you’re into GPU-compute applications, Nvidia still has the edge here. While newer applications are moving toward multi-vendor standards like DirectCompute and OpenCL, a large library of applications exists for Nvidia’s proprietary CUDA GPU-compute architecture, including the recently released Adobe Premiere Pro CS5’s Mercury Playback Engine. "
    Nope.avi. As said, AMD > Nvidia in terms of raw power. Although CUDA is fancy, if you really need power AMD is the way to go. Also this is completely irrelevant to gam

    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Jew View Post
    Like I said AMD lags behind on some things. BS? Sir, do you even know what I mean with 'support'. A game company generally support one card more over the other. It has nothing to do with the card JUST being supported and has nothing to do with restriction. For example, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series and DirT 3 tend to lean toward AMD cards compare to Nvidia, but you can play it fine with Nvidia. You know this when they have a splash screen showing which card they approved of. This is the signature to know which card it is. If you're going to try and scold me try and have more knowledge. Right? It it also not JUST a video card, you need a good processor as well.
    Any decent CPU will be able to handle most modern games, the bottlenecks nowadays are nearly always formed by GPUs. Also the only two popular games that I know that tend to have better performance with Nvidia are CoD & FC. Neither works bad with AMD though, still not making up for the performance/price ratio difference.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Jew View Post
    Beside, lets stop arguing, I don't give a fuck if you like AMD more or whatever. Both cards are almost equal, I have a computer that got AMD, but I lean toward Nvidia because of it being flexible and more popular. We're all gaming in the end, that's all it matters.
    I love Nvidia, I hate AMD. I am trying to be objective though, which seems to be a quality lost in nowadays arguments. And not to mention that none of your arguments relate to CA.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Alen For This Useful Post:

    Polo™ (11-18-2011)

  13. #26
    Polo™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Im awsome and i fuck dolphins. Shwag Shwag Shwagg
    Posts
    10,120
    Reputation
    612
    Thanks
    861
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post
    > AMD > Nvidia

    lol? Helping me prove my point?



    I have Nvidia's S3D, it isn't that great. Actually it's next to useless given the fact that most games fuck up, most screens aren't that great and they can't even include the drivers required in the download. AMD on the other hand can be used with a shitload of 3rd party tools that work great. No doubt that once games actually start supporting S3D properly AMD will have it's S3D capabilities on par with Nvidia.



    Nope.avi. As said, AMD > Nvidia in terms of raw power. Although CUDA is fancy, if you really need power AMD is the way to go. Also this is completely irrelevant to gam



    Any decent CPU will be able to handle most modern games, the bottlenecks nowadays are nearly always formed by GPUs. Also the only two popular games that I know that tend to have better performance with Nvidia are CoD & FC. Neither works bad with AMD though, still not making up for the performance/price ratio difference.



    I love Nvidia, I hate AMD. I am trying to be objective though, which seems to be a quality lost in nowadays arguments. And not to mention that none of your arguments relate to CA.
    Do u own nvidia or amd?

  14. #27
    Stevenom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Summoner's Rift
    Posts
    17,746
    Reputation
    1087
    Thanks
    1,916
    My Mood
    Doubtful
    Quote Originally Posted by Polo™ View Post


    Do u own nvidia or amd?
    In fact, he does.

  15. #28
    Polo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    /197/ or /335/
    Posts
    12,265
    Reputation
    723
    Thanks
    13,318
    My Mood
    Sleepy
    How are you guise so good with computers

  16. #29
    Stevenom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Summoner's Rift
    Posts
    17,746
    Reputation
    1087
    Thanks
    1,916
    My Mood
    Doubtful
    Quote Originally Posted by Polo View Post
    How are you guise so good with computers
    I'm not really good.
    It's Shayne Ravi and Alen.
    But they're like at least 17+.
    I'm only 14.

  17. #30
    HaloGunner977th's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Gender
    male
    Location
    All up in dis place.
    Posts
    180
    Reputation
    9
    Thanks
    21
    My Mood
    Dead
    Go with a desktop. Laptops SUCK.
    Quad Core 3.0 GHz+ CPU
    6-8GB RAM
    1GB VRAM GFX Card with around 800 MHz Core Clock
    500W+ PSU (Power Supply)

    Those are like the basic stuff-items.
    Battlefield 4 <3

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Laptop for Combat Arms
    By SmartAlley in forum Combat Arms Discussions
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 03-21-2011, 09:11 AM
  2. whick hack do you like the best for combat arms?
    By godzilla587 in forum Hack Requests
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-21-2009, 11:23 PM
  3. What is the best C++ reading tool for Combat Arms?
    By gunman353 in forum C++/C Programming
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-19-2009, 04:23 PM
  4. this is the best website for combat arms
    By dave0801 in forum General
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-17-2008, 04:01 PM
  5. Best place to get hacks for Combat Arms?
    By Callousone in forum Combat Arms Hacks & Cheats
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-08-2008, 03:23 PM