Hey everyone, first off i'd like to say i haven't played combat arms in just over a year, but before that, i loved it. I loved everything about it. It was a very big part of my life. But like most of the players of today will tell you, its just not the same as it use to be. Hacks, lag, crashing and inadequate support has lead this game into the ground. My goal, is to create a first person shooter , not only an enjoyable fps, but one based off of combat arms, how it was for the first few years of release.
Ive been working on this project for the last 4 months and i have made good progress, the only problem is im starting to lose motivation as none of my friends or family really care for combat arms. What im looking for on this forum is motivation and support.
What features do i have so far?
- Basic features of an fps character (walk/run/jump/sprint/crouch/Semi-operational Prone)
- One click aim down sights
- Working guns ( Automatic, Semi, Burst, Explosive)
- Early stages of multiplayer
- Basic working minimap
- Basic HUD
- Working on AI's for Fireteam/Campaign style games ( Smooth aiming enemy's that chase you )
- Recoil/Spread system
- Dynamic Crosshair (Increases when firing/jumping etc)
- Working ladders
- Also a few more things i cant quite remember
I hope you can all support me on my progress, in the next few days i will update with pictures, but until then stay tuned!
[Note] The reason i posted this here, and not the game development section is that it is dead, 3 months ago i posted there and its had hardly any views and no comments. I wish to share my project with the Combat arms players, the people i can connect with.
This is some nice work. Looks like an fps everyone would like. ( If you like combat arms , you should like this ) . Great work.