Life is short and we have never too much time for gladdening the hearts of those who are travelling the dark journey with us. Oh be swift to love, make haste to be kind. Henri Frederic Amiel
Our life is like a puzzle, until the whole puzzle is fixed together, you cannot get the true picture. Everyone lives once only. Though all of us have plenty of dreams and goals, it usually ends up with nothing done. And a number of us end up just fulfilling what others want, but not what we truly enjoy. 50 is a critical age that we’re only left with half of the time, if we’re fortunate enough to live to 100. So why not do what you want and what can make you happy as soon as possible?
Here are 30 inspiring things that worth a try before you turn 50.
1. Make something from scratch. It feels amazing to create something beautiful by yourself.
2. Find a phrase or quote that moves you and make it your personal mantra. Say it to yourself every day whenever you feel stressed or nervous.
3. Conquer a fear that you have struggled with for a long time. Fear only holds you back!
4. Treat yourself to something you really want, like a pair of expensive shoes. It is okay once in a while – you deserve to own something that makes you feel happy!
5. Send your parents flowers and tell them that you love them.
6. Write a letter to your partner or child to tell them how much you love and care for them. Everyone deserves to feel loved sometimes, and they will keep the letter for years to come.
7. Visit all of your country’s historical landmarks. It will help you to learn more about your country, and you will be inspired by the beautiful things you see.
8. Apply for your dream job. You never know what will happen!
9. Go without technology for a week. You will enjoy a very peaceful and tranquil week.
10. Do something that you may regret later. Sometimes the best things happen when we decide to take a risk.
11. Spend a night camping under the stars.
12. Live somewhere that is totally different to your home town. This will broaden your horizons and help you to understand alternative perspectives.
13. Quit a bad habit, e.g. eating too much at a time.
14. Email your hero to let them know how much they mean to you. Even if they never read it, you will feel better for writing it.
15. Make a fool of yourself without feeling embarrassed.
16. Go for a picnic on your own. You’ll learn to enjoy yourself.
17. Read jokes and laugh until your ribs hurt.
18. Learn something you’ve never imagined before.
19. Forgive yourself, for what you’ve regretted doing.
20. Forgive someone from your past. Holding on to bitterness is like buying poison and taking it yourself, so forgive them – even if it is only for your benefit.
21. Cut out any toxic friends you have. They will never change, and you don’t need that negativity.
22. Go on holiday with your best friends. Even if it is just one night away in the country it will be memorable, hilarious and fun.
23. Travel by yourself. You can spend the day doing exactly what you want, and you will fall in love with being alone all over again.
24. Forgive your parents for any mistakes they made while raising you. No-one is perfect, and everyone makes mistakes.
25. Read the books that everyone is always talking about.
26. Go out for a meal by yourself. Wear an outfit you love, order your favorite meal and leave whenever you are ready – bliss.
27. Volunteer for a good cause that is close to your heart.
28. Watch your favorite movie once again.
29. Watch the sunset. It may be a cliché, but it really is beautiful and awe-inspiring.
30. Learn a foreign language. It will make traveling easier, and it will expand your world perspective.