Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28
  1. #1
    Visurient's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    89
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    9

    So my Volkswagen Passat....

    I've been driving my 2013 Volkwagen Passat for about a year now and I've always driven it in Drive mode ever since but I've always seen the Sport mode and I've never dared to try it.

    Why you may ask?

    Mainly because I was not sure about it. However, I became so curious that I went online and read up on it and this is what I found:

    "When accelerating in Sport mode, the vehicle will tend to shift to the next higher gear later than normal, revving the engine to a higher rpm. This can be useful for passing cars on the highway or just for when you want a sportier driving experience. Normally, the engine would shift earlier when accelerating in order to conserve fuel. Decelerating in Sport mode will have the opposite effect, causing the vehicle to shift into lower gears earlier than normal in order to keep the engine rpms high."

    http://www.douglasvw.com/blog/what-d...sport-mode-do/

    It is a fu*king blast driving around, sitting at red lights and blasting off when the light turns green. Is it the most efficient way to get around? No. But it makes my driving experience a hell of a lot better now and my wallet (for gas money) will have to suffer for now.


    *Do you guys have something similar like this with your car? Your parents?

  2. #2
    Psychotic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    @root
    Posts
    9,426
    Reputation
    2645
    Thanks
    4,702
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Friend had a car with sport mode. He also had turbo. I think he had an '01 9-5 Saab. That was a ton of fun.

    God of Marketplace

    If you have questions, concerns or simply need help you can leave me a message. I am more than happy to assist you.
    Any spam/stupid messages sent to me will be ignored. Infringements upon the rules may result in an infraction or ban.
    In an effort to combat imposters you can directly add me using the Skype button below.



    Private Message | Visitor Message
    Report a Scammer






    Moderator Since 09.01.2016
    Minion+ Since 07.22.2016

    Marketplace Minion Since 06.09.2016
    Trove Minion Since 06.06.2016
    Middleman Since 04.21.2016
    Social Engineering Minion Since 02.03.2016
    News FO Freelancer From 11.08.2015 to 07.23.2016
    News FO Head Editor From 08.23.2015 to 11.08.2015
    News FO Head Editor From 07.19.2012 to 08.11.2014
    MPGH News and News FO Founder
    Programming Minion From Unknown to 04.23.2013
    Minecraft Minion From 09.19.2012 to 04.23.2013
    Member Since 05.13.2012



  3. #3
    Visurient's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    89
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Friend had a car with sport mode. He also had turbo. I think he had an '01 9-5 Saab. That was a ton of fun.
    That sounds super dope although I've only ever seen one Saab around my city. Now that I've experienced sports mode I can only imagine how much better it could be with turbo....

  4. #4
    Harry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    On the Fucking Moon
    Posts
    403
    Reputation
    38
    Thanks
    32
    My Mood
    Amused
    Just something random but,
    From what you've said, I think your cars sports mode is gears 4,5 & 6 on a standard manual UK car. Sports mode will carry the car along and gain speed quicker where as drive mode is probably for driving up hills and other hard to climb areas. Though the only difference between your sports mode and gears 4,5 & 6 is that you can pull away in sports mode where as in a UK manual you have to transition back down to first in order to pull off or else the car doesn't really move.

    I'm probably wrong but just taking a guess since I'm learning to drive currently so I don't really understand cars that well.
    Contact
    Skype

    Steam


    Activity
    Join date - July 15th 2012
    Premium - August 2nd 2016
    fuck all else currently lmao

    Purchases
    Number of successful purchases on the marketplace: 7
    Times I've been scammed: 2 (both over 3 years ago)

     
    CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k @stock
    Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
    Motherboard: ASROCK Z170 Pro4
    GPU: MSI GTX 1070 ARMOR
    Power Supply: Corsair Builder Series CX700M 80PLUS Bronze
    RAM: 16GB Corsair Dominator DDR4

  5. #5
    Schuba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Music
    Posts
    3,441
    Reputation
    488
    Thanks
    770
    My sister's Jetta has sport mode and my friend's 2013 Altima has sports mode. It's pretty cool, kinda like a bump shift type thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hova View Post
    When schuba speaks, people listen




     

     
    Joined: November 27th, 2012
    Donator: September 24th, 2014
    News Force: October 17th, 2015 - Current

     


  6. #6
    Visurient's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    89
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Just something random but,
    From what you've said, I think your cars sports mode is gears 4,5 & 6 on a standard manual UK car. Sports mode will carry the car along and gain speed quicker where as drive mode is probably for driving up hills and other hard to climb areas. Though the only difference between your sports mode and gears 4,5 & 6 is that you can pull away in sports mode where as in a UK manual you have to transition back down to first in order to pull off or else the car doesn't really move.

    I'm probably wrong but just taking a guess since I'm learning to drive currently so I don't really understand cars that well.
    I'm not strong with cars either, I know a thing here and there. It is a Volkswagen Passat. German car and it is automatic, so it shifts automatically even in sports mode.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Schuba View Post
    My sister's Jetta has sport mode and my friend's 2013 Altima has sports mode. It's pretty cool, kinda like a bump shift type thing.
    Schuba! Nice to see you again my friend. My parents and I dread Jetta users (little side note). But yeah I really love when the car downshifts it kind of bumps or does something around those lines and it feels great.

  7. #7
    Lucifer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    ✘✘✘✘✘™
    Posts
    3,334
    Reputation
    851
    Thanks
    868
    My Mood
    Dead
    taking my moms 2015 jetta se tsi out for a drive right now. and yes it does have sport move which i use all the time.

  8. #8
    Thescruu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Night Time Forest Chill
    Posts
    681
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    72
    My Mood
    Inspired
    Drove 2010 passat tdi with sport aswell, goes to higher rpm. Skoda Octavia has it aswell and so do audis, bmws... My old 2,4 tdi Volvo was the best car I've had so far when it comes to fun, 4wd, 200 hp, didnt have a sport mod but It's not like you need it.
    ~ High up and we're floating

  9. #9
    Snake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Dead-end
    Posts
    5,090
    Reputation
    527
    Thanks
    920
    Drive a manual, that's why it's so much more fun, you can choose to rev it up and get alot more performance out of every shift or drive like a slow granny.
    Sports mode according to some is bad for your car, but that's nonsense. You will get closer to having to change your automatic transmission oil faster driving like that.

    I have an e-class, if that's interesting for anyone.
    Need a custom image title? Check out my thread





  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Snake For This Useful Post:

    _NightWare (09-08-2016)

  11. #10
    jonkel52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    360
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Visurient View Post
    I've been driving my 2013 Volkwagen Passat for about a year now and I've always driven it in Drive mode ever since but I've always seen the Sport mode and I've never dared to try it.

    Why you may ask?

    Mainly because I was not sure about it. However, I became so curious that I went online and read up on it and this is what I found:

    "When accelerating in Sport mode, the vehicle will tend to shift to the next higher gear later than normal, revving the engine to a higher rpm. This can be useful for passing cars on the highway or just for when you want a sportier driving experience. Normally, the engine would shift earlier when accelerating in order to conserve fuel. Decelerating in Sport mode will have the opposite effect, causing the vehicle to shift into lower gears earlier than normal in order to keep the engine rpms high."

    http://www.douglasvw.com/blog/what-d...sport-mode-do/

    It is a fu*king blast driving around, sitting at red lights and blasting off when the light turns green. Is it the most efficient way to get around? No. But it makes my driving experience a hell of a lot better now and my wallet (for gas money) will have to suffer for now.


    *Do you guys have something similar like this with your car? Your parents?
    My dad's AMG has an S+ mode, it responds a LOT faster and Nervous if it's set to S+. I Love it

    I'm always amazed how advanced todays cars/engines are. I mean it's insane to imagine that by the split second it took you to completely floor the gas, the car is already moving and there's several explosions going on in the engine.
    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Snake View Post

    I have an e-class, if that's interesting for anyone.
    Too E63 S Wagon
    Last edited by jonkel52; 09-08-2016 at 02:36 PM.
    i7 5820K | GTX 780ti | 4x4GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 | Corsair Air 240 | watercooled | Logitech G933 | Corsair K70 | Roccat Kone Pure
    -- interested in social engineering, games, cheating, modding, money and free stuff :P --




  12. #11
    Arenamed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Gender
    female
    Posts
    2,204
    Reputation
    445
    Thanks
    1,760
    My Mood
    In Love
    Manual Volkswagon Golf with Turbo on it. Diesel though, so doesn't hurt my wallet.
    Please press +Rep and/or Thanks if I assisted you or was of service in any way.



    "Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."

    -Buddha

  13. #12
    ♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Uterus
    Posts
    8,782
    Reputation
    769
    Thanks
    1,846
    My Mood
    Doh
    Yes it's called a stick shift. I use it to keep revs high, heck I use it to brake too.

    #ManualBoooiiiii


    BTW how can you fuckers afford these kinds of cars? A 2007 E-Class here can be sold for ~10k euros, HOW THE FUCK DO YOU AFFORD THAT!!!
    Last edited by ♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ; 09-08-2016 at 06:49 PM.


  14. #13
    Visurient's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    89
    Reputation
    10
    Thanks
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucifer View Post
    taking my moms 2015 jetta se tsi out for a drive right now. and yes it does have sport move which i use all the time.
    Man I'm not a Jetta fan but a newer model SE just sounds so tempting man....

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Thescruu View Post
    Drove 2010 passat tdi with sport aswell, goes to higher rpm. Skoda Octavia has it aswell and so do audis, bmws... My old 2,4 tdi Volvo was the best car I've had so far when it comes to fun, 4wd, 200 hp, didnt have a sport mod but It's not like you need it.
    Damn bro, lowkey jealous over here haha

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Snake View Post
    Drive a manual, that's why it's so much more fun, you can choose to rev it up and get alot more performance out of every shift or drive like a slow granny.
    Sports mode according to some is bad for your car, but that's nonsense. You will get closer to having to change your automatic transmission oil faster driving like that.

    I have an e-class, if that's interesting for anyone.
    I wouldn't have turned down the opportunity to learn to drive manual but it was never impressed upon me. I can only imagine what it would be like with a manual car!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by jonkel52 View Post
    My dad's AMG has an S+ mode, it responds a LOT faster and Nervous if it's set to S+. I Love it

    I'm always amazed how advanced todays cars/engines are. I mean it's insane to imagine that by the split second it took you to completely floor the gas, the car is already moving and there's several explosions going on in the engine.
    - - - Updated - - -



    Too E63 S Wagon
    It is crazy I can't believe it myself just how much the car can change with the shift of the stick man....insane.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by A View Post
    Manual Volkswagon Golf with Turbo on it. Diesel though, so doesn't hurt my wallet.
    Turbo....diesel......everything I could ask for.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by ♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ View Post
    Yes it's called a stick shift. I use it to keep revs high, heck I use it to brake too.

    #ManualBoooiiiii


    BTW how can you fuckers afford these kinds of cars? A 2007 E-Class here can be sold for ~10k euros, HOW THE FUCK DO YOU AFFORD THAT!!!
    My mom gave it to me to use whenever I need it so it is essentially mine but I'm going to get my car soon which will be either a 2014/2015 Audi A4 or a 2012/2013 Audi A6, I'm super pumped to see if they have those capabilities too!

  15. #14
    ♪~ ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Uterus
    Posts
    8,782
    Reputation
    769
    Thanks
    1,846
    My Mood
    Doh
    Quote Originally Posted by Visurient View Post
    Man I'm not a Jetta fan but a newer model SE just sounds so tempting man....

    - - - Updated - - -



    Damn bro, lowkey jealous over here haha

    - - - Updated - - -



    I wouldn't have turned down the opportunity to learn to drive manual but it was never impressed upon me. I can only imagine what it would be like with a manual car!

    - - - Updated - - -



    It is crazy I can't believe it myself just how much the car can change with the shift of the stick man....insane.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Turbo....diesel......everything I could ask for.

    - - - Updated - - -



    My mom gave it to me to use whenever I need it so it is essentially mine but I'm going to get my car soon which will be either a 2014/2015 Audi A4 or a 2012/2013 Audi A6, I'm super pumped to see if they have those capabilities too!
    Buy a manual transmission one dude, you'll get addicted to it


  16. #15
    Arenamed's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Gender
    female
    Posts
    2,204
    Reputation
    445
    Thanks
    1,760
    My Mood
    In Love
    Quote Originally Posted by Visurient View Post
    Man I'm not a Jetta fan but a newer model SE just sounds so tempting man....

    - - - Updated - - -



    Damn bro, lowkey jealous over here haha

    - - - Updated - - -



    I wouldn't have turned down the opportunity to learn to drive manual but it was never impressed upon me. I can only imagine what it would be like with a manual car!

    - - - Updated - - -



    It is crazy I can't believe it myself just how much the car can change with the shift of the stick man....insane.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Turbo....diesel......everything I could ask for.

    - - - Updated - - -



    My mom gave it to me to use whenever I need it so it is essentially mine but I'm going to get my car soon which will be either a 2014/2015 Audi A4 or a 2012/2013 Audi A6, I'm super pumped to see if they have those capabilities too!
    It's a beauty.
    Please press +Rep and/or Thanks if I assisted you or was of service in any way.



    "Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."

    -Buddha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast