Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 35
  1. #16
    Copperhorse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    2,308
    Reputation
    761
    Thanks
    2,405
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake View Post


    It doesn't, but then again, what does?
    Our entire existence has no point.
    How do atheists know there is no god? There is no evidence that supports there is a god, and there is no evidence that supports there is not a god. Therefore atheists are just as radical as theists. I'm agnostic, just admit you don't know if there is a god, because there is no evidence for/against such a thing. Also, how do you know our existence has no point? It may be true we have no point in this universe, but it also may be true that we just don't know what the point of us being here is. You can't assume things are true without having evidence to back these statements up. Literally just as ignorant as religious people.
    Last edited by Copperhorse; 09-08-2016 at 10:18 AM.

  2. #17
    Snake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Dead-end
    Posts
    5,253
    Reputation
    546
    Thanks
    983
    Quote Originally Posted by Copperhorse View Post
    How do atheists know there is no god? There is no evidence that supports there is a god, and there is no evidence that supports there is not a god. Therefore atheists are just as radical as theists. I'm agnostic, just admit you don't know if there is a god, because there is no evidence for/against such a thing. Also, how do you know our existence has no point? It may be true we have no point in this universe, but it also may be true that we just don't know what the point of us being here is. You can't assume things are true without having evidence to back these statements up. Literally just as ignorant as religious people.
    Right now being agnostic is the only way that proves you've thought it through.
    I'm like 80% agnostic 20% atheistic myself.


    Both parties have a good unanswerable question (for now).
    Atheists: if God exists, where does God come from? He can't have popped into existence knowing his purpose eternally.
    Religious people: if God does not exist, where do we come from? Even if you explain the Big bang, even if you explain that what came before the Big bang and that before that, you still have to answer where that came from which either leads to an eternal path of questions, or simply, as our current situation: no answer.

    1 does not come from 0, neither atheism nor religion can answer that.
    Need a custom image title? Check out my thread





  3. #18
    Copperhorse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    2,308
    Reputation
    761
    Thanks
    2,405
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake View Post

    Right now being agnostic is the only way that proves you've thought it through.
    I'm like 80% agnostic 20% atheistic myself.


    Both parties have a good unanswerable question (for now).
    Atheists: if God exists, where does God come from? He can't have popped into existence knowing his purpose eternally.
    Religious people: if God does not exist, where do we come from? Even if you explain the Big bang, even if you explain that what came before the Big bang and that before that, you still have to answer where that came from which either leads to an eternal path of questions, or simply, as our current situation: no answer.

    1 does not come from 0, neither atheism nor religion can answer that.
    Exactly, that's why anyone who is an atheist or theist lacks basic logic. None of these theories can be proven, so I don't understand why people follow them. We simply don't know, and to be honest we probably never will know. Just get over it.

  4. #19
    Snake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Dead-end
    Posts
    5,253
    Reputation
    546
    Thanks
    983
    Quote Originally Posted by Copperhorse View Post
    Exactly, that's why anyone who is an atheist or theist lacks basic logic. None of these theories can be proven, so I don't understand why people follow them. We simply don't know, and to be honest we probably never will know. Just get over it.
    It does make sense, if you do not know the existence of a god is sure, would you spend your day praying to a god, doing everything a religious book says and all that?
    I'm quite sure you wouldn't, as the doubt factor is too big. Hence why people choose the atheist life before the religious life, but really, we all know they're just lazy agnosts.
    Need a custom image title? Check out my thread





  5. #20
    Eternity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Forever Ville.
    Posts
    10,448
    Reputation
    1810
    Thanks
    5,164
    Wait you got me confused @Snake
    I just hope there is such a thing as souls because then reincarnation but to be honest I don't believe in it but I HOPE its real. So that's why I am confused. Also I don't believe in god until proof

  6. #21
    Snake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Dead-end
    Posts
    5,253
    Reputation
    546
    Thanks
    983
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternity View Post
    Wait you got me confused @Snake
    I just hope there is such a thing as souls because then reincarnation but to be honest I don't believe in it but I HOPE its real. So that's why I am confused. Also I don't believe in god until proof
    If you do believe in souls, ghosts and reincarnation, you're not an atheist. You're rather a spiritualist.
    Need a custom image title? Check out my thread





  7. #22
    Poseidon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Gender
    female
    Location
    6,235
    Posts
    2,787
    Reputation
    527
    Thanks
    2,018
    My Mood
    Grumpy
    You are not an atheist, atheist's think it's just this world and nothing else. No other world, no supernatural.
    Please press +Rep and/or Thanks if I assisted you or was of service in any way.






    "Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."
    -Buddha

  8. #23
    Eternity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Forever Ville.
    Posts
    10,448
    Reputation
    1810
    Thanks
    5,164
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake View Post

    If you do believe in souls, ghosts and reincarnation, you're not an atheist. You're rather a spiritualist.
    Yeah I will probably not define myself as anything. That's what I decided. So if people ask me my religion, I will say don't have one and if they ask of I am atheist or agonist I will also say no. So that sums up that.

  9. #24
    Confluency's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    1,184
    Reputation
    80
    Thanks
    214
    My Mood
    Amused
    Quote Originally Posted by Copperhorse View Post
    How do atheists know there is no god? There is no evidence that supports there is a god, and there is no evidence that supports there is not a god. Therefore atheists are just as radical as theists. I'm agnostic, just admit you don't know if there is a god, because there is no evidence for/against such a thing. Also, how do you know our existence has no point? It may be true we have no point in this universe, but it also may be true that we just don't know what the point of us being here is. You can't assume things are true without having evidence to back these statements up. Literally just as ignorant as religious people.
    What. In. The. Actual. Fuck.

    When you were typing this, were you nonsensically shaking your head in approval because you thought this post was an actual valid point?

    There is no evidence that God doesn't exist, simply because you cannot disprove something that has no evidence.

    Yes, I can assume God doesn't exist because there is no reason for me to believe so. Do you believe there is an invisible pink elephant beside you? No? Why? By your logic you have no evidence to prove so, therefore you're just as ignorant as those who worship said the invisible elephant god.

    It's not up to me to disprove something, it's up to those who make those claims of something such as a god being real, to fucking prove it.

    So at the end of the day, no, atheists are not "radicals" as much as religious folk are. We dont kill in the name of religion, push our beliefs onto others (although we do love to partake in arguments with religious folk), we don't integrate laws based on our lack of belief. We simply live and enjoy life for the short time we are here, much unlike those who push religion so heavily.

    Btw, Agnoscism is just basically saying "I'm too much of a pussy to make up my mind". Why do I say this? I was agnostic in ninth grade, used what I call "rationality" and came up with a conclusion. God exists? Show me why.
    Last edited by Confluency; 09-08-2016 at 06:31 PM.
    FOR SOME REASON SOMEONE IS IMPERSONATING ME, DO NOT DO ANY TRADES WITH SOME CLAIMING TO BE ME UNLESS YOU PM ME AND I CONFIRM

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Confluency For This Useful Post:

    [MPGH]Eternity (09-08-2016)

  11. #25
    Copperhorse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    2,308
    Reputation
    761
    Thanks
    2,405
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Confluency View Post


    What. In. The. Actual. Fuck.

    When you were typing this, were you nonsensically shaking your head in approval because you thought this post was an actual valid point?

    There is no evidence that God doesn't exist, simply because you cannot disprove something that has no evidence.

    Yes, I can assume God doesn't exist because there is no reason for me to believe so. Do you believe there is an invisible pink elephant beside you? No? Why? By your logic you have no evidence to prove so, therefore you're just as ignorant as those who worship said the invisible elephant god.

    It's not up to me to disprove something, it's up to those who make those claims of something such as a god being real, to fucking prove it.

    So at the end of the day, no, atheists are not "radicals" as much as religious folk are. We dont kill in the name of religion, push our beliefs onto others (although we do love to partake in arguments with religious folk), we don't integrate laws based on our lack of belief. We simply live and enjoy life for the short time we are here, much unlike those who push religion so heavily.

    Btw, Agnoscism is just basically saying "I'm too much of a pussy to make up my mind". Why do I say this? I was agnostic in ninth grade, used what I call "rationality" and came up with a conclusion. God exists? Show me why.
    The absence of something is something. You have to prove that the pink elephant besides you does not exist, it's very easy to do so. It's not a one way street, both the people who say there is a god and those who say there isn't have no evidence to back their story up so therefore they are both illogical. Being agnostic is basically saying "everyone who thinks they know what they're talking about when in reality they can't prove shit is a fucking moron, including atheists." You can easily prove that god doesn't exist if we had the knowledge. How was the universe created? Atheists can't answer that. If you say "Big bang", how was the first atom created? You sure as hell can't answer that. To prove god doesn't exist, you answer the question where the first atom came from. You will never be able to prove that though, so you are wrong and should be agnostic.
    Last edited by Copperhorse; 09-08-2016 at 06:42 PM.

  12. #26
    Cohen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,384
    Reputation
    362
    Thanks
    738
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by A View Post
    You are not an atheist, atheist's think it's just this world and nothing else. No other world, no supernatural.
    No, that's bullshit. Atheism is the lack of belief in a God, that's it.
    Why does everyone think Atheism is so much more than it is? If you don't believe in God, you're an Atheist. You can believe that unicorns are real, fairies live in your shoes and eat your socks, your soul lives on after your body dies and as long as you didn't believe in a God, you'd be an Atheist.

    Most Atheists are sceptics and don't believe in things such as souls, but that doesn't dictate what Atheism means.

    My only Skype: whaisom3d


  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Cohen For This Useful Post:

    Poseidon (09-08-2016)

  14. #27
    Eternity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Forever Ville.
    Posts
    10,448
    Reputation
    1810
    Thanks
    5,164
    ... @Snake
    http://theghostdiaries.com/the-4-pos...we-visit-them/

    So if scientist prove that, where does that leave everyone? Religious and non religious people. Since if type 1-4 universe exist then EVERYTHING that you can think/dream/and not think or dream is possible. See things like this leaves me with doubts about everything.


    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Cohen View Post

    No, that's bullshit. Atheism is the lack of belief in a God, that's it.
    Why does everyone think Atheism is so much more than it is? If you don't believe in God, you're an Atheist. You can believe that unicorns are real, fairies live in your shoes and eat your socks, your soul lives on after your body dies and as long as you didn't believe in a God, you'd be an Atheist.

    Most Atheists are sceptics and don't believe in things such as souls, but that doesn't dictate what Atheism means.
    Yeah I was looking up that and that's all that I found also. So techinally I am an atheist since I still don't believe in a high power or god for that matter. Basically it says athiest are just people that don't believe in god but can have any other beliefs.
    Previous Names
    Eternity
    Azathoth


    Please press +Rep or Thanks if you find my work or found something I said helpful

    "Everyone dies but only a few truly live"
    -Me


  15. #28
    Copperhorse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    2,308
    Reputation
    761
    Thanks
    2,405
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Cohen View Post

    No, that's bullshit. Atheism is the lack of belief in a God, that's it.
    Why does everyone think Atheism is so much more than it is? If you don't believe in God, you're an Atheist. You can believe that unicorns are real, fairies live in your shoes and eat your socks, your soul lives on after your body dies and as long as you didn't believe in a God, you'd be an Atheist.

    Most Atheists are sceptics and don't believe in things such as souls, but that doesn't dictate what Atheism means.
    You're wrong. I don't believe in God and I'm not an atheist. I'm an agnostic.

  16. #29
    Cohen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,384
    Reputation
    362
    Thanks
    738
    My Mood
    Relaxed
    Quote Originally Posted by Copperhorse View Post
    The absence of something is something. You have to prove that the pink elephant besides you does not exist, it's very easy to do so. It's not a one way street, both the people who say there is a god and those who say there isn't have no evidence to back their story up so therefore they are both illogical. Being agnostic is basically saying "everyone who thinks they know what they're talking about when in reality they can't prove shit is a fucking moron, including atheists." You can easily prove that god doesn't exist if we had the knowledge. How was the universe created? Atheists can't answer that. If you say "Big bang", how was the first atom created? You sure as hell can't answer that. To prove god doesn't exist, you answer the question where the first atom came from. You will never be able to prove that though, so you are wrong and should be agnostic.
    You can't falsify an unfalsifiable claim (god existing). A claim without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.
    If I claim there is an all-powerful elephant behind me, it wouldn't be someone else's job to prove that I am wrong. If they tried to prove me wrong, I could simply say "he is all-powerful and left that proof there to test your faith" or something like that. It would be my job to prove my claim.

    Here is a picture worth thinking about.
    Last edited by Cohen; 09-08-2016 at 06:50 PM.

    My only Skype: whaisom3d


  17. #30
    Copperhorse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Under your bed
    Posts
    2,308
    Reputation
    761
    Thanks
    2,405
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Quote Originally Posted by Cohen View Post

    You can't falsify an unfalsifiable claim (god existing). A claim without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.
    If I claim there is an all-powerful elephant behind me, it wouldn't be someone else's job to prove that I am wrong.

    Here is a picture worth thinking about.
    You can prove god doesn't exist by proving what theists believe as proof for a god (creation of the universe) wrong. Prove that the creation of the universe was not created by a God, and then you disprove everyone's theory of God.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Religion Debate Thread - Atheist Vs Religious Believers
    By gbatemper123 in forum Debate Fort
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-30-2010, 09:43 AM
  2. FAT SOUL Fiting :D
    By Dave84311 in forum General
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-24-2006, 05:34 PM
  3. LAWL... Couldn't believe Al Gore did this!!!
    By arunforce in forum Entertainment
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-29-2006, 10:28 PM
  4. Soul Caliber
    By Chronologix in forum Art & Graphic Design
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-26-2006, 05:31 PM
  5. Soul of the Ultimate Nation
    By vir2000 in forum General Gaming
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-05-2006, 03:40 AM