- Water (From sink or fridge)
- Corn Starch
- Small Bowl (Custard Cup)
- Food Dye (Optional)
- Put corn starch in bowl (A reasonable amount, not too little)
- Add small amounts of water to the corn starch so you dont have too much water
- Stir with fork and occasionally touch with finger
- Stop adding water when the contents of the bowl is like a thick syrup
- Add food dye if you want
Now, slowly push your index finger through the material.
The material should feel thick
Slowly pull your finger out.
Here's the fun part. Hit the contents of the bowl with your finger..or fist(if the bowl is wide enough). The contents will temporarily turn into a solid.
Reasoning: When the contents are pressed on with force or speed, the water is pushed out of the material, thus making it solid, and quickly turning back to liquid
If this material dries out, add water and stir