Thread: The War Z

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29
  1. #1
    Cocksucker
    Music.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    3,797
    Reputation
    257
    Thanks
    555
    My Mood
    Cool

    The War Z

    It's a Day Z styled game it seems better than Day Z in ways. Are you gonna play it?

    The War Z: The Survivor MMO Zombie Game Media Section!

  2. #2
    Merry Christmas
    Former Staff
    Donator
    Biesi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Stuttgart
    Posts
    4,634
    Reputation
    232
    Thanks
    6,674
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    DayZ = WarZ ... ?
    XXII.IV.MMXIV

  3. #3
    Threadstarter
    Cocksucker
    Music.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    3,797
    Reputation
    257
    Thanks
    555
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by -BiESi View Post
    DayZ = WarZ ... ?
    Yeah, at first it was supposed to be a game like Dead Island then they got inspired by DayZ so I guess that's why the called it WarZ?

  4. #4
    Merry Christmas
    Former Staff
    Donator
    Biesi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Stuttgart
    Posts
    4,634
    Reputation
    232
    Thanks
    6,674
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    So they don't have an own idea for a game or an own idea for a name
    XXII.IV.MMXIV

  5. #5
    Free Tristan
    MPGH Member
    Nirvana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    male
    Location
    What is this i dont even
    Posts
    6,102
    Reputation
    258
    Thanks
    669
    My Mood
    Sick
    Quote Originally Posted by -BiESi View Post
    So they don't have an own idea for a game or an own idea for a name
    It's not like the guy who made DayZ owns the idea, anyone could think of that.

  6. #6
    Former Staff
    MPGH Member
    InCognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    15,519
    Reputation
    1205
    Thanks
    4,294,967,295
    The graphics look like shit, are we back in 2005? They look close to Battlefield 2 graphics. Usually graphics doesn't mean everything, but there is not even anti aliasing so it looks like they half assed the game to quick gather the Day Z players.

  7. #7
    Merry Christmas
    Former Staff
    Donator
    Biesi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Stuttgart
    Posts
    4,634
    Reputation
    232
    Thanks
    6,674
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirvana View Post


    It's not like the guy who made DayZ owns the idea, anyone could think of that.
    Well I hope it's at least better than this Arma II engine lol ...
    XXII.IV.MMXIV

  8. #8
    Former Staff
    MPGH Member
    InCognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Gender
    male
    Posts
    15,519
    Reputation
    1205
    Thanks
    4,294,967,295
    Quote Originally Posted by -BiESi View Post


    Well I hope it's at least better than this Arma II engine lol ...
    ARMA II engine is awful, don't know how people can call the game "beautiful." And the new ARMA III engine also awful, literally a cargo container in that game falls at about 1 feet per 10 minutes.

  9. #9
    Former Staff
    Donator
    Alen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Liquid Generator
    Posts
    27,943
    Reputation
    2474
    Thanks
    4,194
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by InCognito View Post


    ARMA II engine is awful, don't know how people can call the game "beautiful." And the new ARMA III engine also awful, literally a cargo container in that game falls at about 1 feet per 10 minutes.
    A simple tweak of a variable changes that. However you must realize that ArmA II was never meant to handle such numbers of entities etc., it was designed from the ground up to be a simulator of military ops and not an open world sandbox. Unlike most engines ArmA II does an amazing job at rendering the world and most people just bitch because they're trying to run it on ancient hardware. Granted, it's not as optimized as it could have been, but it's definitely far batter than many alternatives. War Z will lose that "realistic" aspect and will be reduced to yet another L4D2-ish UE3 game with zombies.

  10. #10
    Threadstarter
    Cocksucker
    Music.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    3,797
    Reputation
    257
    Thanks
    555
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by InCognito View Post
    The graphics look like shit, are we back in 2005? They look close to Battlefield 2 graphics. Usually graphics doesn't mean everything, but there is not even anti aliasing so it looks like they half assed the game to quick gather the Day Z players.
    They did that so older hardware computers could run the game.

  11. #11
    Merry Christmas
    Former Staff
    Donator
    Biesi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Stuttgart
    Posts
    4,634
    Reputation
    232
    Thanks
    6,674
    My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Music. View Post


    They did that so older hardware computers could run the game.
    But it crashes cuz of the graphics
    XXII.IV.MMXIV

  12. #12
    I touch the sky.
    Former Staff
    Donator
    Bernard.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    22,330
    Reputation
    1363
    Thanks
    2,549
    My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Alen View Post
    A simple tweak of a variable changes that. However you must realize that ArmA II was never meant to handle such numbers of entities etc., it was designed from the ground up to be a simulator of military ops and not an open world sandbox. Unlike most engines ArmA II does an amazing job at rendering the world and most people just bitch because they're trying to run it on ancient hardware. Granted, it's not as optimized as it could have been, but it's definitely far batter than many alternatives. War Z will lose that "realistic" aspect and will be reduced to yet another L4D2-ish UE3 game with zombies.
    L4D2 is an awesome game
    I'm Killin' It.

    Rep. Power: 96



    Minion: 11/28/12-3/15/14

  13. #13
    Former Staff
    Donator
    Alen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Gender
    male
    Location
    Liquid Generator
    Posts
    27,943
    Reputation
    2474
    Thanks
    4,194
    My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Obliteration View Post
    L4D2 is an awesome game
    Day Z emphasizes realism (to a degree) and is oriented around you forming a survival strategy etc. L4D2 is just a hack-and-slash game.

  14. #14
    I AM THE LAW
    Head Administrator
    Dave84311's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Gender
    male
    Location
    The Wild Wild West
    Posts
    25,366
    Reputation
    2292
    Thanks
    33,196
    My Mood
    Devilish
    Sm1 is prob gonna crack this shit, so playing pservers would be a better option... doubt this game is going to last





    THE EYE OF AN ADMINISTRATOR IS UPON YOU. ANY WRONG YOU DO IM GONNA SEE, WHEN YOU'RE ON MPGH, LOOK BEHIND YOU, 'CAUSE THATS WHERE IM GONNA BE


    "First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you lose.” - Dave84311HAD VIRTUAL DETOX

  15. #15
    Whitehat Hacker
    MPGH Member
    x.navi.x's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Gender
    female
    Location
    seattle, wa
    Posts
    2,236
    Reputation
    205
    Thanks
    263
    My Mood
    Psychedelic
    It's based off the book. Retards.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Where are all the War Rock Hacks?
    By g0t5k111z2 in forum WarRock Discussions
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 06-28-2010, 12:59 PM
  2. The War
    By Dave84311 in forum MPGHology vs Scientology
    Replies: 96
    Last Post: 11-18-2009, 02:38 PM
  3. Replies: 102
    Last Post: 09-18-2009, 09:14 PM
  4. The War Lords! Now recruiting see inside for details. 1.0 and up!
    By deadfire55 in forum Combat Arms Clan Recruitment & Advertising
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-11-2009, 08:46 PM
  5. Why is the war topic closed?
    By wafflele in forum General
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 08-13-2006, 12:31 AM