Lately I've been watching all the Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg movies like Superbad, This is The End, The Watch and even others that star Jonah Hill and Craig Robinson. If you're looking for a unique dickish type of comedy then those movies won't disappoint. For action movies I tend to gravitate towards Korean thrillers like The Man From Nowhere and Oldboy.

But if you are looking for good stories you can watch over a long period of time then try TV Series. Some really good ones have been released in the past couple of years. Here are some suggestions with Short Reviews for each:

Prison Break (Tv Series, 2005)
An architect whose brother was framed for the murder of the Vice President gets himself incarcerated in an attempt to break his brother out before his execution. The catch, his firm was in charge for the prison's reconstruction a few years back so he knows his way around. Mostly action with a little touch of drama.

How I Met Your Mother (TV Series, 2005)
A light-hearted comedy, laden with sexual innuendo. The series is narrated in a camp-fire esque narrative where the main character, Ted, retells the wild adventures he had as a younger man (who is now 40) to his children. The entire series focuses around Ted's journey of dating a series of girls in his youth while looking for the right woman.