So I had this strange dream a couple days ago, it was like a battle, w/ alot of people and me fighting in it, it was pretty cool, but I don't explain it until I make the game, and regardless of how I explain it, it will still sound kinda dorky. But it translates well into a game w/ virtual players so I decided to make the concept of the dream into a game in a couple days, see where it leads me. Partially because BattleTale is WAY TOO MUCH WORK, the project just is simply too huge for one person and will take me forever to complete, and the game is kinda boring. This game will be a lot of fun.
I already finished the multiplayer basic demo in ~1.5 days, it loads sprites, builds and animates a character, lets them walk around w/ other people, and even supports dynamic coloring. I remember how some general members had fun with the Quippie contest, lot of cool submissions, and this is even easier in some ways (18x18 pixel characters). So I wanted to see if anyone wanted to join in the fun.
SUPER EARLY ALPHA EXAMPLE
I NEED A VARIETY OF FANTASY CHARACTERS, NOT A BUNCH OF COOL LOOKIN SUPERHERO KNIGHTS
Things you should know:
1. I attached 3 base sprites, rename the one you want to load: "player.png", and run the .swf. If you can't run it, just drag the swf into chrome.
2. The 4 block hand needs to always be there in the same position, weapons will be loaded on top of them.
3. You can only use up to 10 colors for the character for dynamic coloring purposes, unless the color in a specific area isn't suppose to change (which can be excluded from the limit).
4. Fantasy battle unit designs only, for all you faggots out there, no dicks or any genitals, or any gay shit. If you still submit gay shit I'mma stab you in the ass.
5. You don't have to animate the head/body, but if you do, just keep drawing the sequence to the right. The input field lets you animate the head/torso object, up to 5 frames (maybe expand to 10). Input the number of frames you have made.
6. Each block is an 18x18 grid, you can turn it on in photoshop by pressing " CTRL + ' " and then going to edit > preferences > guides, grids & slices, and changing the grid size to 18 pixels. It will greatly help you draw without screwing up.
7. You can make as many as you want.
8. The two TGL buttons toggle the hand from straight armed to 90 degrees bent.
What do you get: Your creation will be turned into your character for my game and you will be invited into the alpha w/ your character set (assuming it isn't fucking stupid and relatively good looking). You'll probably get to keep the design into the full game if everything goes according to plan, or doesn't become a generic design (because I think it works well as one). You get to watch as the game gets transformed in the next 3 days into a semi-complete game while getting to voice your opinion and make changes. I'm always inclined to give the most helpful people exclusive stuff including staff.
The Disclaimer: For legal reasons, if you submit to this post, or send me the image privately, I gain full ownership and all rights of the artwork, while you surrender complete ownership and all rights. I reserve the right to do anything with it, including leaving it out of the game if I feel it necessary. Download Sprite Tester
I'll make an all Flash version if a lot of people use it I guess.
Moderator - October 2016 Other MMORPGs Minion - August 2016 Minion+ - April 2016 Runescape Minion - March 2016 Official News Team Editor - March 2016 Official News Team Interviewer - March 2016 Official News Team (Global News) - February 2016 AVA Minion - November 2015 Minecraft Minion - October 2015 Realm of the Mad God Minion - July 2015 Official Publicist - April 2015 Official Middle Man - April 2015
Resigned - March 2015 Official News Team Freelancer - December 2014 Official Middle Man - November 2014 BattleOn Minion - October 2014 Minecraft Minion - October 2014 Minion+ - August 2014 Steam Minion - May 2014 Runescape Minion - March 2014 Donator (Thanks to Jov!) - March 2014 Official News Team Interviewer - February 2014 Realm of the Mad God Minion - January 2014 Official Middle Man - December 2013 Realm of the Mad God Manager - September 2013 Realm of the Mad God Editor - July 2013
My current, long term goals.
-2k rep ~i did it
-100k profile views
-get mod ~i did it
18x18 pixels? Needs more detail. When I first saw the picture I thought it was for ROTMG.
Donate: BTC: 1MRb9fsh4gRSLv1U2Tbof4voqZeoXrEt17
Handy Tools/Hacks: Extreme Injector v3.6.1*NEW* Windows 10 compatible!
A powerful and advanced injector in a simple GUI.
Can scramble DLLs on injection making them harder to detect and even make detected hacks work again!
Minion Since: 13th January 2011 Moderator Since: 6th May 2011 Global Moderator Since: 29th April 2012 Super User/Unknown Since: 23rd July 2013 'Game Hacking' Team Since: 30th July 2013