Sixty-four Islamic State fighters have been killed and dozens wounded in Egyptian-Libyan military airstrikes on Libya, announced the spokesperson of the Libyan military, reported Al-Ahram.
The airstrikes, Egypt’s first foreign strikes since the Gulf War in 1991, come after ISIS released a video depicting the decapitation of 21 Egyptian Coptic Christians that had been abducted in Libya.
According to Egypt’s military, the airstrikes were carried out in coordination with Libyan officials and targeted multiple ISIS locations, including weapons storage facilities, training points and buildings housing militants.
Government officials have said that the airstrikes are the first of several to come which will aim to target terrorist elements in Libyan territory, said state media Al-Ahram.
Earlier on Monday, Egypt’s President Abel Fattah Al-Sisi declared that Egypt had every right to respond after the brutal killings of the 21 Egyptians.
Shortly after the President’s statement, the Military released video showing fighter jets taking off from Egypt at dawn.
Despite reports in August 2014 that Egypt had carried out airstrikes on targets in Libya, these reports were ultimately denied by Egypt’s government and the US government issued a retraction.
Good fucking game Egypt. I love it when people lash back, and win, when they get angry as fuck, when something like this happens. Let's hope they can do more of this, now that they know they were successful the first go-round.
Member: December 24th, 2012
Donator: January 4th, 2013
Editor: January 19th, 2013 - August 17th, 2013
Battlefield Minion: March 7th, 2013 - September 22nd, 2013
Former Staff: September 22nd, 2013 - January 21st, 2014
Battlefield Minion: January 21st, 2014 - May 5th, 2014
Titanfall Minion: February 25th, 2014 - May 5th, 2014
Former Staff: May 5th, 2014 - October 10th, 2015
Battlefield Minion: October 10th, 2015 - Current
Call of Duty Minion: March 4th, 2016 - Current