Saw this on HoNs reddit while looking for updates, then I derped and realized this should be posted on MPGH.
Credits go to "honprotip"
resourcesProTip.s2z - Jotti's malware scan (0/20)
Zipped it because MPGH doesn't support .s2z filetypes.
I've made this little mod that I think give some unfair advantage to people using it. The reason I am releasing it is because I'm pretty sure I'm not the only person in the whole HoN community and I think it would be a good idea for S2 to fix all of these things asap.
Here is a list of things my ProTip mod does:
- Rotten Grasp will show up as soon as its casted, as if you were in Deadoowd's team.
- Overgrowth trap will show up even if you are on the opposite team.
- Spider Mines will show up even if you are on the opposite team.
- When in her ult, Fayde will still show up on your screen.
- Pitfall will show up as soon as its casted, as if you were in Gladiator's team.
- Call to Arms will shop up on the ground as soon as its casted.
- Even in Stalk, Madman will still be visible in your screen.
- When casting bamboo stick, a trail will show up in front of her.
- Bamboo stick will have a trail in front of it.
- Rockets will show a trail in front of them.
- If cadaver Armor is leveled up, you will have a visual notification on every Devourer's visible enemy heroes that are in a 1150 radius of him. This let you know if Devourer is ganking you.
- Tormented Soul will have a trail in front of it.
- Mortification will show a little tea pot on top of its target. This will let you see invisible enemy unit that have Mortification on them.
- His illusion on his ultimate will appear as shadow, but he will remain the same, so you can easily spot the real one.
- Her illusion on her ultimate will appear as a shadow, but she will remain the same, so you can easily spot the real one.
- Her arrow will have a trail in front of it.
Almost Useless level
- Nomad will shop up in Sandstorm as a tea pot. This is only helpful when trying to cast AOE spells and when he's juking while using sandstorm.
- If Mirage Strike is leveled up, you will have a visual notification on every Nomad's visible enemy heroes that are in a 500 radius of him.
I know only a few of these changes are really useful, the other are only extras that I threw in for fun. If you want to remove certain part of the mod, simply open it with winrar and delete the folder of the hero's exploit you want to remove.
How to install
Simply put the resourcesProTip.s2z file into your heros of newerth's game folder (e.g: "c:/programm Files/Heroes of Newerth/game"). There might be conflict with other mods, so if you want to be sure, simply remove all of your other mods. There is no honmod file for this, since it should be hotfixed pretty soon by S2 (I hope it is).