and the font is in the RenderFrame
if( !Base.bSet.bInit )
D3DXCreateFont(pDevice, 15, 0, FW_BOLD, 1, 0, DEFAULT_CHARSET, OUT_DEFAULT_PRECIS, DEFAULT_QUALITY, DEFAULT_PITCH | FF_DONTCARE, "Arial", &Directx.pFont);
Base.bSet.bInit = true;
Yes, I have, and I tried TopBase. It worked 3 times, then I got Error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _D3DXCreateFont@48 . The only thing I changed was text. So I re-extracted TopBase and I tried again and still Error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _D3DXCreateFont@48 . I am going to re-install my DirectX SDK and Visual Studio C++ . I'll let everyone know if that worked.