mk, so i have tried various versions of ollydbg, and the only one that works as it should (non memory errors) is ollydbg 2.0. the version magic uploaded is able to launch the file that is to be debugged, but projects an error when you attempt to actually read anything from memory, ie search for strings. the error is related to ollydbg not being able to read the memory. could it be trying to read from the wrong address? the reason i dont want to use 2.0 is because it is not capable of launching dll's and i dont know how to manually launch them using loaddll.exe. any suggestions on where to go next? new debugger, try to fix 1.3, or try to load a dll into 2.0?
i thought it was included in that upload by magic. damn i feel retarded. i even read about that via google too....
EDIT: it already comes with advancedolly, and stealth64 didnt fix anything. soon i will post screenies of the exact errors im getting, i just wanna spend a little more time on it before i admit that i cant fix it on my own.
i was going to replace advancedolly.dll but the file creation/mod/blahblahblah dates were identical so i concluded they were the same build and decided not to. i also added stealth64.dll which still did not resolve either issue. whats funny is i dont get this error on ollydbg 2.0 and was able to verify that i had done it correctly by searching for some strings that are in the sticked ptc topic. but engine.exe just isnt enough for me. there HAS to be something im overlooking. ive confirmed the file paths in the config files and all.